4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Twin Turbo For 4th Generation Maximas!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by Conrad283

you can second it, ben already seconded it ... you can third that ....
Conrad283 & dlicari
Old 12-13-2002, 06:59 AM
Sports Button FTW

all i gotta say is when all the info is out and you guys start clapping for me for bring something new to the org, i'm going to give a BIG F U TO ALL THE NONBELIEVERS OUT THERE! EXPECT A SUPER CAPSLOCKED LOCKED POST OF A THREAD WITH MORE CUSS WORDS THAN EMINEM'S ALBUM TO BE DISPLAYED in this forum...
Old 12-13-2002, 06:59 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by tbannon

Conrad283 & dlicari

Dear Members,
We all need to stay on-topic here.

Just keep the discussion centered around the issue of Mecca not producing a 4th gen twin turbo setup and subsequently getting banned.

Thank you,
Management
Old 12-13-2002, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by meccanoble
all i gotta say is when all the info is out and you guys start clapping for me for bring something new to the org, i'm going to give a BIG F U TO ALL THE NONBELIEVERS OUT THERE! EXPECT A SUPER CAPSLOCKED LOCKED POST OF A THREAD WITH MORE CUSS WORDS THAN EMINEM'S ALBUM TO BE DISPLAYED in this forum...
Ohh we're so scared. Why dont you just cap's lock me to DEATH EH?!
Old 12-13-2002, 07:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 12-13-2002, 07:35 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Then why does everyone looking for real performance convert to a SINGLE turbo???

Originally posted by Silviagirl79

Ever heard of a twin turbo Supra? Not for show....for GO my friend.

Because they know better...
Old 12-13-2002, 08:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

dude this isnt making your case any stronger... re read everything you have posted, would you believe me if I had posted all the same stuff? think about us before you start taking it personally. And most of all finally answer why you aren't capable of posting pictures of this project or detailed information since on one of your other posts you just talked about ur digital camera...... ok? u'd think after being on the org long enuff you'd realize what is asked of you when u bring something to the table. You havent even provided estimation of when something like this might happen, could be this week could be in 15 years. This coming from someone like me is funny, but be a little mature my friend, make us proud, don't act like a two year old on a sugar buzz cuz you just found all your christmas presents your parents hid. DO IT RIGHT.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!

dude this isnt making your case any stronger... re read everything you have posted, would you believe me if I had posted all the same stuff? think about us before you start taking it personally. And most of all finally answer why you aren't capable of posting pictures of this project or detailed information since on one of your other posts you just talked about ur digital camera...... ok? u'd think after being on the org long enuff you'd realize what is asked of you when u bring something to the table. You havent even provided estimation of when something like this might happen, could be this week could be in 15 years. This coming from someone like me is funny, but be a little mature my friend, make us proud, don't act like a two year old on a sugar buzz cuz you just found all your christmas presents your parents hid. DO IT RIGHT.
In other words:
Old 12-13-2002, 09:19 AM
Sports Button FTW

you guys are right, i did come to the table wrong, didn't come with the proper info before presenting what i had, and i do apologize. My excitement got the best of me and all i can say is sorry, BUT i promise you all that it has already been made and i don't have pics yet, but i will tell you guys why in due time, just please, give me some time, that's all i ask.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:39 AM

you guys are right, i did come to the table wrong, didn't come with the proper info before presenting what i had, and i do apologize. My excitement got the best of me and all i can say is sorry, BUT i promise you all that it has already been made and i don't have pics yet, but i will tell you guys why in due time, just please, give me some time, that's all i ask.
better question, have you seen it?
Old 12-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

better question, have you seen it?
Have you seen it in person?
Old 12-13-2002, 10:08 AM

Who is funding it? I mean if you talk about it being built but need someone to test it who is biulding it now?

SuDZ
Old 12-13-2002, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ
Who is funding it? I mean if you talk about it being built but need someone to test it who is biulding it now?

SuDZ
I Eat Rice MotorSports...
Old 12-13-2002, 10:30 AM
^ Jeff™

I'd be in if the price were right and as long as the guinea went good......I'm in Dallas, so I doubt me being a guinea would be feasible.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:43 PM

sounds interesting....

I just graduated today!!! w00p! When would this guinea session be exactly?

I would rather have someone work on making our 5speed trannys bullet proof. =)
Old 12-13-2002, 01:02 PM

well this became a useless thread

anyways reinstated for mecca since this thread is probably done with

bring time information (when)
bring pictures
bring specs
bring details
basically bring proof. I'm almost **** about this stuff now cuz im in school for mechanical engineering and im interning currently for a company here in d-town. Only thing ive come to learn so far is you don't even dare bring a piece of the puzzle, you bring all the pieces, completed and put together, and displayed in a frame with a bow on it for all to see otherwise just expect them to look you in the eyes and walk away. done and done.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:44 PM

I can't wait to see the conclusion on this one....
Old 12-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Sports Button FTW

well this became a useless thread

anyways reinstated for mecca since this thread is probably done with

bring time information (when)
bring pictures
bring specs
bring details
basically bring proof. I'm almost **** about this stuff now cuz im in school for mechanical engineering and im interning currently for a company here in d-town. Only thing ive come to learn so far is you don't even dare bring a piece of the puzzle, you bring all the pieces, completed and put together, and displayed in a frame with a bow on it for all to see otherwise just expect them to look you in the eyes and walk away. done and done.
will do, thank you for atleast giving me a chance....
Old 12-13-2002, 03:28 PM

Besides the fact of not seeing pics, you don't ask someone to be a guinea pig for a fee.
If you test something on someone you don't say "we're doing this test on a TT engine, we want to try it on your car for but you have to pay us $2000 to do it."
You say "we're doing this test on a TT engine, we want to try it on your car and if it works you get it FREE."
Whoever heard of making someone pay you to do a test that has the possibility of not working?

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?
Old 12-13-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm needing a caw

Installation might be free but no one is gonna fork over a few thousand dollars worth of stuff for free. I see someone getting a big discount on parts and free install but not free EVERYTHING.

Originally posted by hacim105
Besides the fact of not seeing pics, you don't ask someone to be a guinea pig for a fee.
If you test something on someone you don't say "we're doing this test on a TT engine, we want to try it on your car for but you have to pay us $2000 to do it."
You say "we're doing this test on a TT engine, we want to try it on your car and if it works you get it FREE."
Whoever heard of making someone pay you to do a test that has the possibility of not working?

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?
Old 12-13-2002, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Installation might be free but no one is gonna fork over a few thousand dollars worth of stuff for free. I see someone getting a big discount on parts and free install but not free EVERYTHING.

This thread needs some proof or it will be more wasted bandwidth.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se

WHY NOT!!!!!
If you are bringing something to the table like nothing ever done before and you fully believe in your expertice and product or service then you have to give a bit to gain anything. You don't see microsoft(the largest and most powerful software corporation in the world) asking for people to send in their computers for them to try out programs on, and there is no way in hell that anyone would PAY to have this happen! I'd be willing to wager that microsoft never even thought of trying something like that. That's what any good company has a R&D dept for, no matter how little a budget. In order to make money you must take a risk to bring it to the public at your own expence. I KNOW that we can't compare the two companies to each other. However, the same principles of business and free enterprize still exist no matter who you are.
If this turns out to be everything it is cracked up to be then, I too, wouldn't be to willing to let any sensitive info out until it was ready to market. They are just starting the brush fire for what they hope turns into a wildfire. I hope it works out for them. All we can do is what and see. If they (whoever they is) really believes in their idea then they should step up to the plate and do a convertion at their own expense to prove their point.
Sorry for being a little winded___off my soap box now.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:11 PM

Re: Twin Turbo For 4th Generation Maximas!!!!

The only twin turbo VQ I've seen is Greddy's new 350Z, and that set up costs more than your entire car.

BTW, where are you getting 0 mileage engines from considering a brand new engine costs more than the current turbo kits being offered.

THIS IS NO JOKE, I just got word that there is a twin turbo for 4th generation nissan maxima's!!!!

This includes a BRAND NEW ENGINE with 0, yes ZERO, yes ZERO MILEAGE!!!!

What would you guys say if i can something like this not only with TURBO, TWIN TURBO BUT ALSO A BRAND NEW ENGINE FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE OF THE AVERAGE TURBO ON HERE....MAYBE EVEN CHEAPER??????

**PS** THIS IS NO JOKE, I'm trying to get a GAUGING INTEREST and an actual GUINEA PIG might be needed, WARRANTIED AND ALL!!!! AND INSTALLED IN NEW JERSEY!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 09:07 PM

sounds like its gonna end up like that one guy who said he was throwing a sylvia turbo in......all i gotta say is..

BS
Old 12-13-2002, 09:09 PM

But this is worse. At least a sylvia turbo isn't out of the realm of possiblity.

Originally posted by Supermax95
sounds like its gonna end up like that one guy who said he was throwing a sylvia turbo in......all i gotta say is..

BS
Old 12-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

Old 12-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

a lot of this does sound crazy, i mean, this is not my company, i'm not the one producing it or anything, i'm just a spokesman, who opened his mouth a little too early...i said the same thing guys, a freaking new engine WITH TT for around the same price as a regular turbo? is this a new engine?! is this engine made of super cheap parts? how are u getting this so cheap?! i asked the same question guys when i was first told about it, and this is not some guy i can just walk over to his house and see on a daily basis, we not only have two different schedules but live a good distance away from each other, that's why info is not being processed so fast, not to mention this is like the final week of school, and finals are here. I'm surprised i have time to be on the org. i don't want to say lock this thread until i get proper info but i can see this page may make 10 pages before i even get info so moderators, to save bandwith, if u must, do so and i can contact one of u to let u know my updates...
Old 12-13-2002, 09:48 PM

congratulations...

you just ruined any rep you may have had at maxima.org
Old 12-13-2002, 11:25 PM

b.s.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:38 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Old 12-13-2002, 11:40 PM
wat

Old 12-13-2002, 11:52 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by CKNY
congratulations...

you just ruined any rep you may have had at maxima.org
i did? well, we'll see...when the info is brought forward, i won't go in a frenzy calling all some of u out because i would be doing the same things you guys r doing now...but i will gladly ask for an apology, and that's all i want out of this whole ordeal...
Old 12-14-2002, 01:16 AM

The IC piping for the single turbo setup is already 3 miles long (kinda defeating the purpose) and uses up all the available space under the hood... Unless this setup uses a side mount intercooler it isn't believable. I guess this guy might have a TOP SECRET relocation for the engine as well.... Put it in the trunk....... I am pulling the bull@*## flag on this one big time.

Prove me wrong and I will be the guinea pig at MY expense. I live in North Dakota, but will GLADLY drive a thousand miles for 2 turbos, a NEW engine and install...Think about it... We can get 2 TURBOS, a NEW ENGINE all for the cost of one turbo...UHHH so then I will get the setup and bring it back and sell the 2 turbos, and engine, and build my car up with 2 T66 turbo, stand alone fuel management, and 2 BIG bottles of NOS.... "Not a bad way to spend 10k"

Old 12-14-2002, 02:19 AM
Ludicrous Speed

i did? well, we'll see...when the info is brought forward, i won't go in a frenzy calling all some of u out because i would be doing the same things you guys r doing now...but i will gladly ask for an apology, and that's all i want out of this whole ordeal...
mecca..it's their lack of faith that killed the 6th gen.

Tha Maxima gods took in the .org in a matter of seconds and then tey saw and were disappointed, and it began to go wrong..

In the beginning there was the 5th gen. "You shall pay for less power than was advertised to get you to buy the car," the gods said. Then.. they all needed pictures, and this upset the gods so they said "Let there be an ugly future," and thus the 6th gen was made and there were plenty of pictures for all...

You know what mecca..this is the internet. Nobody on here is worth anything until you meet them and have the chance to help each other out and all that ish. Keep a tab on who was supportive, and who was being completely retarded. Ignore the e-mails you have to, and answer the questions of those you want to. Just as nobody wants to believe you, nobody needs to know the info that you know. And hell, sell the info if you have to. Like clee said... get the pics, get the host, post the thread and post the pics... but i'll add in there a necessary paid subscription to see the pics. Get as much out of this as you can out of this...

Who knows if this thing is real, maybe that guy is pulling your leg. But put it this way, business people take big risks. Giving away stuff is always an option. Let's see... $5k for a free TT for some guy that will tell the whole maxima modifying world.. or $10k in yearly advertising to the WRONG CROWD OF OLD MAXIMA DRIVERS THAT DON'T NEED PERFORMANCE.

It is said that we at the .org are a small percentage of the Maxima community. Oh yes, but we are a whole chunk of the aftermarket for the Maxima. Who else knows about our mods other than the altezzas that are popular everywhere?

BS for the time being, perhaps... but I know enough about tuners to know that this is not an impossibility. And a tuner with hookups can go a long cheap way to getting these kinds of things.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:48 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by max002

mecca..it's their lack of faith that killed the 6th gen.

Tha Maxima gods took in the .org in a matter of seconds and then tey saw and were disappointed, and it began to go wrong..

In the beginning there was the 5th gen. "You shall pay for less power than was advertised to get you to buy the car," the gods said. Then.. they all needed pictures, and this upset the gods so they said "Let there be an ugly future," and thus the 6th gen was made and there were plenty of pictures for all...

You know what mecca..this is the internet. Nobody on here is worth anything until you meet them and have the chance to help each other out and all that ish. Keep a tab on who was supportive, and who was being completely retarded. Ignore the e-mails you have to, and answer the questions of those you want to. Just as nobody wants to believe you, nobody needs to know the info that you know. And hell, sell the info if you have to. Like clee said... get the pics, get the host, post the thread and post the pics... but i'll add in there a necessary paid subscription to see the pics. Get as much out of this as you can out of this...

Who knows if this thing is real, maybe that guy is pulling your leg. But put it this way, business people take big risks. Giving away stuff is always an option. Let's see... $5k for a free TT for some guy that will tell the whole maxima modifying world.. or $10k in yearly advertising to the WRONG CROWD OF OLD MAXIMA DRIVERS THAT DON'T NEED PERFORMANCE.

It is said that we at the .org are a small percentage of the Maxima community. Oh yes, but we are a whole chunk of the aftermarket for the Maxima. Who else knows about our mods other than the altezzas that are popular everywhere?

BS for the time being, perhaps... but I know enough about tuners to know that this is not an impossibility. And a tuner with hookups can go a long cheap way to getting these kinds of things.
very inspiring words bro, i thank you for them. And yes, everything you said is true. My attitude may change and we will all have to see when i get the info. I can't promise any gains, i can't promise how it will fit and i don't know of any other upgrades that may have to be done to the car. Right now, all i know is that "its there" and "its not that expensive for waht you get for it".....all we can do is see....
Old 12-14-2002, 06:31 AM

print out this thread and show it to them.

"you work for (insert company name) right?"

"yea thats right"

"you were just fired"
Old 12-14-2002, 11:02 AM

i said the same thing guys, a freaking new engine WITH TT for around the same price as a regular turbo? is this a new engine?! is this engine made of super cheap parts? how are u getting this so cheap?! i asked the same questions guys when i was first told about it,
So did they (the shop) just IGNORE your questions????? Or did you mean you asked yourself those same questions, after you left?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:43 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN

Old 12-14-2002, 12:08 PM

Mecca, even though I think there is a 95% chance that this shop is full of $h!t, I hope for your sake that there is at least some credibility to your story. I'd be hyped up too if i heard this (and very skeptical) but unless I had proof, I would've kept my mouth shut.

For example, I was working on a turbo project that should've been finished early this summer. The plans were drawn on CAD 3-D. We had a mandrel, custom fabricated motor mounts, the downpipe was complete, and best of all it was going to require no cutting. Install yourself with instructional video. But guess what, I kept my mouth shut until I was 100% done. The mandrel shop's bender broke down as they were making 90 deg. bends for intercooler pipes. Guess what... they decided to sell the bender and are now planning to move out of the area.

Moral of the story... don't say anything unless you're 100% sure it has been done and is gonna work!
Old 12-14-2002, 02:03 PM

Mecca, I'd say don't reply until you get pics. Without them you're digging your grave and quickly.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo For 4th Generation Maximas!!!!