4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95-96 Maxima Red/Clear Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 04:05 PM
I need a truck

Re: Re: Hey Nismoluvr

Originally posted by gtr_rider

i don't get it either
Old 12-14-2002, 06:39 PM

Well I am really amazed at all this.... I guess my car has been pretty damn popular on this site!! Not in a positive manner either.... Yeah I have the gay *** graphics on my car... I do understand as it sits now it = rice-a-lot big time. I ain't afraid to admit it... There is a reason for it all, but I don't want it to look like an excuse. The graphics were in trade for my altezza's being defective a third time. The owner of the import shop I work for bought a vinyl machine and offered to do any graphic kit I wanted. I got it off www.modernimage.net, not fast and furious... although I did later see the integra on F & F had those graphics. As far as the tails go, I was rear ended and lost the stocks, so I got altezza's and they both were defective so I am left with just the outside clears and stock inside lights. That looked awful so I used vinyl to cover them... I would love to get a set of stocks, but I can't find anyone to sell, or donate to my cause. Kinda sucks bein the new guy, and already have the rep as pretty much ricer. Oh and finally, I have 17" Rota Cobra wheels, but I took them off because the friggin chrome was peeling. So yeah I drove a car slammed with stockies and graphics. Sorry fella's

As said before:

Old 12-14-2002, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by nismoluvr
I would love to get a set of stocks, but I can't find anyone to sell, or donate to my cause.
As said before:

Well, if you'd like, my offer for $50 plus my stock outer tails for your clear outers is still good.

And to the other guys, what's not to get?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Former Vendor

ah ha ha ha ha ha... i can't believe y'all are doing that man like this. but seriously... they let you work at an import shop with that car. he should be the first person in line for red/clears, but instead of tryin to help y'all are just tryin to hustle. tisk tisk tisk.
Old 12-15-2002, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by BLACKonBLACK98
ah ha ha ha ha ha... i can't believe y'all are doing that man like this. but seriously... they let you work at an import shop with that car. he should be the first person in line for red/clears, but instead of tryin to help y'all are just tryin to hustle. tisk tisk tisk.
Hey man I appreciate the help with getting railed from behind from these guys.... All I need is to get an inner passenger taillight and I could get a set of red/clears..... Yeah I work at an import shop with that car.... The owner has a 2002 WRX wagon maxed out, the other guys are DSM fella's and all I hear day in and out from everyone (except the owner who put the graphics on my car) is how gay the taillights are and that the graphics gotta go... The graphics will be gone as of tomorrow... I needed a good reason to get them off and having many people from a Maxima enthusist forum bash on them is good enough for me. Looking stock with taillights and exhaust showing sounds like a good plan for me...

On another note, I do agree that my Maxima needs help, but I have noticed in the short time of being on the forum that everyone is all grouped together... Seems like high school all over again. Nobody at all is able to have their own opinion... I don't care for the graphics anymore, so yeah I agree with you guys, and I knew from Day 1 the taillights sucked, but I didn't have ANY other options. At one time I did like the graphics though, and why is that something that everyone has a problem with?!?! A big enough problem where someone took a picture of it?!? I was the first car in Fargo ND to start with a maxima. Now there is a bunch. I showed others that maxima's aren't daily drivers for married parents. Now I may have gotten off the beaten path a little, but man I know now for sure that anything I want to do in the future I better check with the org first to get EVERYONE's approvial before I do it. Forget originality, forget different, I want a car that everyone else thinks is cool, who cares how I feel about it. I don't plan to post anymore on the org, as I will be known as the guy who owns an "ugly maxima"... Thanks Black on Black for bein the guy to go against the crowd.

lata guys
Old 12-15-2002, 06:34 AM
I need a truck

On another note, I do agree that my Maxima needs help, but I have noticed in the short time of being on the forum that everyone is all grouped together. Nobody at all is able to have their own opinion
but it's your car, so you can do whatever you want ... personally ... i think your car looks good with the tail lights cleared and the vinyl over the inners ... made me wanna do it, but ti can't have the all clears where i live cause i'll get a ticket .... i think it looks good with the graphics .... don't in any way let the org ifluence your descisions
Old 12-15-2002, 06:49 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

You better off converting your rear end to 97-99 one
Old 12-15-2002, 07:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey man I appreciate the help with getting railed from behind from these guys.... All I need is to get an inner passenger taillight and I could get a set of red/clears..... Yeah I work at an import shop with that car.... The owner has a 2002 WRX wagon maxed out, the other guys are DSM fella's and all I hear day in and out from everyone (except the owner who put the graphics on my car) is how gay the taillights are and that the graphics gotta go... The graphics will be gone as of tomorrow... I needed a good reason to get them off and having many people from a Maxima enthusist forum bash on them is good enough for me. Looking stock with taillights and exhaust showing sounds like a good plan for me...

On another note, I do agree that my Maxima needs help, but I have noticed in the short time of being on the forum that everyone is all grouped together... Seems like high school all over again. Nobody at all is able to have their own opinion... I don't care for the graphics anymore, so yeah I agree with you guys, and I knew from Day 1 the taillights sucked, but I didn't have ANY other options. At one time I did like the graphics though, and why is that something that everyone has a problem with?!?! A big enough problem where someone took a picture of it?!? I was the first car in Fargo ND to start with a maxima. Now there is a bunch. I showed others that maxima's aren't daily drivers for married parents. Now I may have gotten off the beaten path a little, but man I know now for sure that anything I want to do in the future I better check with the org first to get EVERYONE's approvial before I do it. Forget originality, forget different, I want a car that everyone else thinks is cool, who cares how I feel about it. I don't plan to post anymore on the org, as I will be known as the guy who owns an "ugly maxima"... Thanks Black on Black for bein the guy to go against the crowd.

lata guys
I give you major props for standing up for youself.
-Cyrus
Old 12-15-2002, 09:45 AM

lata guys
You make a lot of good points (esp. about the ORG), but I just hope that the opinions of a few don't make you change your attitude towards modding your Max. If I were you, I'd stick around the ORG because you can learn a lot from it. Besides, it's only the internet. How hard is it to ignore the opinions of people you don't even know? Good luck and happy modding, man.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:03 PM

Well gentlemen there ya go. I like it a lot better this way as well. I lost the "gay graphics", "gay windshield banner", and all other stickers. My fingers are raw from peeling, but I think it was worth it. I put in a request from Junkyard Dog to find the inner passenger side taillight. Then I will have red/clears... You guys will need somebody new to rip on then! Sorry to rain on your parade. I appreciate those that came out and said they liked the idea, or admired me saying how I felt... My only question to you guys is why didn't you say those things while my car was bein ripped on for like 3 pages? I am not huge into performance, mainly looks, and have found that having the looks and no performance doesn't go so well... I just do see a point of putting in thousands of dollars in mods, to make my car run as fast as the 5-spd. If you want a fast max start it off right. 5 spd!
Old 12-15-2002, 08:07 PM

I am looking into interior now... Would like to get more tv's in the headrests.... Anybody done that yet, and if so did you have a business rewrap the headrests?!?!

Also would like to put the PS2 in the passenger side airbag location... anyone removed their airbag to know if there is enough room for the PS2?!? I have it under the driver seat now, but it is a pain to get too... thoughts?

And of course I should ask if anyone thinks this is: Gay, Ricey, Stupid, yada yada yada.... If so let me know

J
Old 12-16-2002, 04:32 PM

nobody has tv's in the headrests?!? Also anyone have white wheels on a pearl max?!? Do the white and pearl go well together, or look off?!? Gunsmoke? Silver? White?
Old 12-16-2002, 05:53 PM

nobody has tv's in the headrests?!? Also anyone have white wheels on a pearl max?!? Do the white and pearl go well together, or look off?!? Gunsmoke? Silver? White?

People have TVs in their Headrests, search, you'll find what you are looking for. And do what you want man! I personally would not put white wheels on a pearl max.

get someone to photo chop the particular wheels you want.

Gange
Old 12-16-2002, 06:37 PM

now that my post has been whored.. back to the subject.. Clear/Reds anyone? how is the paint holding up?
Old 12-17-2002, 05:08 AM

Originally posted by gtr_rider

Do you guys think the clear/red, will look good on a burgundy 96 Maxima with Gold trim? If so I want these, and want to know where to get em at?!
Old 12-17-2002, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by Silviagirl79

Do you guys think the clear/red, will look good on a burgundy 96 Maxima with Gold trim? If so I want these, and want to know where to get em at?!
Personally I don't think the color of the Max matters. Red/Clears will look good on any color car. Funny thing about the gold trim. Of course, I shaved my a$$, but I have the gold trim and came across an interesting situation this weekend. While using a pressure sprayer to wash my car all of the sudden, the gold stripe that ran down the sides just started coming off. After time and a razor I got that whole thing off and damn does it look good.

Sorry gtr_rider for adding to changing of the subject. I personally wouldn't mind doing the tape on our cars, but I'd rather wait for the red/clears even if custommaxima keeps pushing them back.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:34 AM

Profile for Silviagirl79
53 (8.69 posts per day)

wow chick. that's a lot of postin for only being on the ORG for 6 days.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:47 AM
Langley AFB Sux

Originally posted by Silviagirl79

I have them on mine...........Ill take a pic and post it.

Lose the gold pinstriping if you have it.......gives the car a much cleaner look

You'll have to search for them. I got mine on ebay. They were outer all clear tails. I dismantled them and sprayed the inside lower half with translucent candy apple red testors model paint.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:52 AM

[

And of course I should ask if anyone thinks this is: Gay, Ricey, Stupid, yada yada yada.... If so let me know

J
Where is that thing hiding at???
Old 12-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Langley AFB Sux

Originally posted by BRIGBOY

Where is that thing hiding at???
Under his seat
Old 12-17-2002, 07:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I Love mine...nobody has noticed them yet, but the car does look soooo much better.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by MaxWolf
I Love mine...nobody has noticed them yet, but the car does look soooo much better.
So pretty, I want a pair.....
Old 12-17-2002, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by Aaron95SE

I have them on mine...........Ill take a pic and post it.

Lose the gold pinstriping if you have it.......gives the car a much cleaner look

You'll have to search for them. I got mine on ebay. They were outer all clear tails. I dismantled them and sprayed the inside lower half with translucent candy apple red testors model paint.
Are the clear outers able to be disassembled? I know the 95-96 tails can't be taken apart, but I didn't know if the clears can... Did you spray the inside taillights as well, or did the paint match good just spraying the lower half of the clears? I think when I do it, I am gonna just spray both to make sure the paint matches.......unless you say it matched well...

J
Old 12-17-2002, 11:20 AM
I need a truck

all the tails can be taken apart, it's just that the amber part IS the actual taillight whereas the 97-99 there is an insert that is amber and you can just take that out.. What you'd have to do is either find a pair of all clears (if you can) paint either the inside or outside, whichever you prefer
Old 12-17-2002, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by Conrad283
all the tails can be taken apart, it's just that the amber part IS the actual taillight whereas the 97-99 there is an insert that is amber and you can just take that out.. What you'd have to do is either find a pair of all clears (if you can) paint either the inside or outside, whichever you prefer
I have the clears already, now I just need to get some stock inner taillights. Tryin to find them in junkyards.... So there is just screws you use to pull them apart?!? I think I would rather paint the inside... Make sure there is no lines, and also it won't chip or flake away....

J
Old 12-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

I have the clears already, now I just need to get some stock inner taillights. Tryin to find them in junkyards.... So there is just screws you use to pull them apart?!? I think I would rather paint the inside... Make sure there is no lines, and also it won't chip or flake away....

J
No, not screws. They are glued together. Do a search for "clearing taillights" and you will find links to the proper process. It involves an oven...

I am not that brave, even if I had a 97-99. Good greif, I am too scared to open my headlights up to make them AE-look headlights...
Old 12-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Are the clear outers able to be disassembled? I know the 95-96 tails can't be taken apart, but I didn't know if the clears can... Did you spray the inside taillights as well, or did the paint match good just spraying the lower half of the clears? I think when I do it, I am gonna just spray both to make sure the paint matches.......unless you say it matched well...

J
Yes the clears come apart. Use a heat gun and take your time.

I sprayed the inside lower half.....looks pretty good......should have done one more coat tho.

Here is a not so good pic....

Old 12-17-2002, 05:28 PM

I really want clear/reds already
Old 12-17-2002, 09:23 PM

I will trade my clears for a set of altezza's.... I like the skyline look better than the red/clears... Anybody!??!
Old 12-18-2002, 12:21 AM
V^___^V

DIY
Old 12-18-2002, 05:16 AM

I will trade my clears for a set of altezza's.... I like the skyline look better than the red/clears... Anybody!??!
Dibs on that one! I'll take you up on that offer.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:37 PM
ChristheNite

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 95-96 Maxima Red/Clear Taillights

ooookkkk I guess I got confused on the "clear taillights" and "clear corners" I didn't know people were still interested in clear taillights. Old school big time. I got them 2 yrs ago (only have the outsides) and will sell them for friggin dirt. So when I hear "clears" the last thing I think of is taillights! Smart A$$

Jason
Jason what do you want to sell those for and would the fit a 1996. Email me at Christhenite@hotmail.com with pictures and a price if you still have them. Thanks!