4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Alright I'm really irritated...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Alright I'm really irritated...

My friends were driving around the other day and they found another maxima that looked exactly like mine. I'm pi$$ed!!! It was white(my color) had my rims with a 1.5" drop, my muffler, shaved maxima letters, and diamond clear corners. WTF? I am so disappointed, I need new rims now but I don't want to fork out the money.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:09 PM
What's next!?..

How about a different color tint or add a spoiler?

OR..if you're really cheap..put the orange corners back on.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

White maxima = common
Clears = common
Lowered = there are about 3-5 diff springs available.
Rims? Which rims do you have? That's the one that I would be ****ed at too.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:23 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

How about you just get over it?
Old 12-20-2002, 02:26 PM

good thing i live in bartlett, not to many modded max's in IL. atleast in my town, i think we have 3 including mine, one guy just has little stuff, drop and muffler, and the other one is all clubbed out adn looks rice as h*ll. u may see max's that look like yours but think of it this way, how many modded civic's, integra's, eclipses, etc do you see that look alike? just think of it that way
Old 12-20-2002, 03:04 PM

But these aren't civics. There are so many modded civics that it's impossible to have your own look.
And I'm not going to get over it. I don't really care that it's white, my best friend has a white maxima but his still looks different, it just adds to the whole ordeal. I have a car that looks identical to another. There only a few modded maximas here also, one actually just rolled his car. But I think actually he only has cosmetic mods but still it looks like mine. Now I really need to find out how I can make some custom red/clears that don't look ghetto.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:40 PM
Soul Fly

big deal. dont spend $ on new rims or paint job. get a brembo brake kit.

Old 12-20-2002, 03:55 PM

My way of somewhat combatting the "sameness" is to do something personally unique. I go to Va Tech, so I put one of those college stickers on my back windshield as well as two small VT logos on the bottom of the small windows in the back. The stickers themselves aren't unique, but people that I know will eventually recognize my car because of it. Also, college stickers aren't really rice. If you don't go to college, find something that you're proud of like maybe even your Alma Mater, or high school, or even your favorite college sports team. Hell it doesn't have to be school related, they make stickers for everything.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Custom User Title...

i have a 95 pearl white and saw one that looked exactly like mine, except he had all shaved rear where as i still have maxima on there. consider putting maxima.org stickers on your rear windows for a change?

your mods are the common ones like everyone says...do something unique if you don't want a replica out there.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

u need to relax. So what he has a maxima like yours, save up some money and get something cool like a supercharger or if u just want cosmetic stuff then go for a skyline kit or an aluminum grille. the grille is not very expensive and it will instantly change the look of your max.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:32 PM

Re: Alright I'm really irritated...

Originally posted by hacim105
My friends were driving around the other day and they found another maxima that looked exactly like mine. I'm pi$$ed!!! It was white(my color) had my rims with a 1.5" drop, my muffler, shaved maxima letters, and diamond clear corners. WTF? I am so disappointed, I need new rims now but I don't want to fork out the money.
maybe it was your maxima they saw?..its kinda wierd to have two maximas with the same rims, in the same town, just a thought.

anu
Old 12-20-2002, 06:12 PM

haha imagine it WAS you. instead of saying "yo man i saw your car" theyre like "THERES SOMEONE WITH A CAR LIKE YOURS"
thats d1ck HAHAHAHA

but..i sympathize with you as my friend saw a car that certainly wasnt mine but was sterling mist with a lip and 5th gen 17's like mine. I BET HE DIDNT HAVE RED/CLEARS!
Old 12-20-2002, 06:22 PM

I feel you man

In my town there is like 10 maxes with stuff, but in catagories. Like there is 5 or 6 in the ghetto with jusr rims nothing else. Then there is like 2 or 3 other maxes with front clears and the ones i always see are black same as me ! But they dont about the red/clears so i got that and mine is droped with performace mods. They just have tint and some 16 or 17" wheels.Also i got my 19's baby and come spring kit, shaved door handles, hids, big brakes ...its over

But everytime i seen a new max with clears or whatever i get upset to, but there pleanty of things to do to be different good luck
Old 12-20-2002, 07:46 PM
I need a truck

could it be that nissan had this wild idea that they could sell many cars painted the same color
could it be that a spring company thought that more than one pair of springs would sell
could it be that whoever made your rims sold more than one pair

maybe this guy is stalking you.... i see tons of black 96's where i live with the same stock rims as me; stupid nissan made more than one set of the rims that i have, what nerve. but it doesn't bother me CAUSE I DON'T GIVE A ****
Old 12-20-2002, 08:18 PM

Well there are 4 4th gen maximas in Reno that actually have at the least rims, and if you were hacim wouldnt you be mad if you saw one identical to yours? He has the altima rims like hacim so thats the bummer, other than that its not a huge deal but ive seen this guy too and mistaken him for my friend. But its like he said i have a white maxima like him too but its a 97, he has a 96, i still have stock lights so its not a big deal, we have noticably different cars.

Oh and btw soulfly he does have brembo brakes.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:16 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I've never even seen another moded I30
Old 12-21-2002, 12:14 AM

how much would it cost to get a spoiler painted + installed? and whos selling red/clears for the 95/96 max?
Old 12-21-2002, 12:26 AM

Well, I suggest you get off the .org really quick because you'll find there there are about 17,432 members with white Maximas that look identical to yours. And another 20,000 with almost identical cars.

Try this, there's a Maxima local to me that has the same body kit as me, very similar rims, the same wing, and painted his car almost the same color. He did all of this about 6 months after I did, so I know I didn't copy him. But there's nothing for me to do except step it up the next level, to a point where he and others like him can't keep up. It's easier to follow than to lead.

Unless you're willing to spend serious time and money on your car, then you'll just have to deal with others looking just like it. Face it, there is nothing special about our cars. They're not particularly rare and more modded ones are showing up every day. Considering that clear corners, a drop, and tint are like 1-2-3 on just about every kid's modification plans, it's only going to get worse for you.

Old 12-21-2002, 01:11 AM

Well I use to be the same way about my rims but I think everyone and there brother has Tantrums
Old 12-21-2002, 07:55 AM

Re: Re: Alright I'm really irritated...

Originally posted by Shadow
Well, I suggest you get off the .org really quick because you'll find there there are about 17,432 members with white Maximas that look identical to yours. And another 20,000 with almost identical cars.
You see i dont care about .org because not all 20,000 members live in reno.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:57 AM

theres 17,311 members by my count, not to mention not all of them have white, 4th gen maximas.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Maxima91

who fricken cares, at least you know they have good taste, and youll probably never see them?

Old 12-21-2002, 02:22 PM

Re: Re: Alright I'm really irritated...

Originally posted by Maxima91

who fricken cares, at least you know they have good taste, and youll probably never see them?
I care

Old 12-21-2002, 02:31 PM
Maxima91

Re: Re: Re: Alright I'm really irritated...

Originally posted by Sean97SE

I care

then all i have to say to you is this, cry about it, sell your car, buy a honda and rice it up and dont complain about something as frivilous as this

Old 12-21-2002, 03:45 PM

Had a honda.

here it is
Old 12-21-2002, 05:10 PM

I know how you guys must feel, but not from experience. I have never seen another maxima in my area with even clear corners. All the people that drive max's in my area are like 40+ years old and they are bone stock. The only person I know that has a modded max is my cousin who lives in clifton but we have the same exact mods except for the different rims and the fact that he has an SE. We both have clear corners, nice 17" rims, red/clear tails, frankenCar intake, and Xenon headlights with clear bulbs all around. He only has the spoiler and the fogs.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:48 PM

Does everything have to be taken so literally? My mistake, there are only 5,000 members here with identical mods...

theres 17,311 members by my count, not to mention not all of them have white, 4th gen maximas.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:58 PM

Do you think that in some crazy way nissan is trying to make money by selling more then one white maxima?? Take it easy man, Im sure there are 300+ maximas on the .org that look exactly like yours.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:32 PM

someone lock this queer thread, its getting super lame and all you guys say is the same stuff "nissan has a crazy scheme/get over it."

Old 12-21-2002, 11:39 PM

The original thread was already pretty bad. Honestly, he thinks that nobody else drives a white slightly modified Maxima near where he lives? Of course the rest of us are going to say get over it.

someone lock this queer thread, its getting super lame and all you guys say is the same stuff "nissan has a crazy scheme/get over it."

Old 12-21-2002, 11:42 PM

To tell you the truth, being his friend and all, in case you havent noticed from my earlier posts, i drive a white 97, its the principle. The guy got altima rims liek him, no ones fault, its just a bummer.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:45 PM

It happens. Nobody can come up with their own ideas so everything starts looking alike eventually. Plus the limited aftermarket of the Maxima doesn't help things either.

Maybe it's just a terrible coincidence and they have the same taste.

To tell you the truth, being his friend and all, in case you havent noticed from my earlier posts, i drive a white 97, its the principle. The guy got altima rims liek him, no ones fault, its just a bummer.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:57 PM
Langley AFB Sux

But these aren't civics. There are so many modded civics that it's impossible to have your own look.
And I'm not going to get over it. I don't really care that it's white, my best friend has a white maxima but his still looks different, it just adds to the whole ordeal. I have a car that looks identical to another. There only a few modded maximas here also, one actually just rolled his car. But I think actually he only has cosmetic mods but still it looks like mine. Now I really need to find out how I can make some custom red/clears that don't look ghetto.
Bottle feed it...........theirs may look the same........but yours will be faster.

Thats all that really matters..............right
Old 12-26-2002, 08:00 AM

How funny that this post got this big.
For the 2 of you that had to be stupid and say "is it possible that nissan made more the one white maxima to make a profit" or "is it possible that (whoever) made more than one set of clear corners to make a profit", you don't even get the point of the post. Yeah there are a lot of white maximas, yeah there are many with clear corners BUT MOST OF THEM HAVE DIFFERENT RIMS SO THEY LOOK DIFFERENT!
The point is that if they had different rims then the other stuff wouldn't matter.
BTW I do have a grill so thats good.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I don't have this problem. Put some crazy body graphics on the side of your car, no way someone can duplicate it if it's original.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
I don't have this problem. Put some crazy body graphics on the side of your car, no way someone can duplicate it if it's original.
yes, please, put as many graphics on as you can fit, put vinyl and stuff all on yer windows too. make it look liek the cars from f&f and i garuntee you will have the coolest car ever!
Old 12-26-2002, 02:57 PM

What does the other guy think about that copycat? Looks like you might have an opportunity to compare ideas and specs.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:42 PM

me and hacim105 dont know where he lives, we just see him around. im sure he thinks the same thing.
Old 12-26-2002, 07:47 PM

slash his tires!! then youll be diffrent!
Old 12-26-2002, 10:24 PM

One of my friends actually suggested that. He said keep slashing his tires until he can't afford 17" tires.

Quick Reply: Alright I'm really irritated...