4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Warpspeed B pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Warpspeed B pipe?

Whats up guys? Well, Ive changed some things on the max. I just got a new Universal Muffler on my max and the sound is the same as my old muffler that i had that was universal. And I wanted to notch that sound up some more. I have the Warpspeed Y pipe on the car, Now I was thinking that if I get a Warpspeed B pipe w/o a resonater, that the muffler would be louder? Does anyone have a warpspeed b pipe and can tell me if it will make the muffler louder? I figure it will take out the resonater from the old stock b pipe and replace it with a new WS pipe. Any info would be appreciated. And scince i got teh Y pipe from WS, i get 25$ off so im seriously considering gettin the B (cat back) pipe. Let me know guys

thanx

Nick
Old 01-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Sports Button FTW

i didnt know they gave discounts like that....

from what i know it removes cat and leaves a straight b-pipe from y-pipe to muffler....
Old 01-16-2003, 11:17 PM

Definitely will be louder. I had a wsp y-pipe (not loud at all with stock muffler). Then I added the wsp b-pipe fix without resonator - can now clearly hear the muffler when I start her up and up to about 25 - 30 mph (I prefer totally quiet, but don't mind this level of sound) - quiet at cruising speed, and at wot the intake drowns it out.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by tyrotrader
Definitely will be louder. I had a wsp y-pipe (not loud at all with stock muffler). Then I added the wsp b-pipe fix without resonator - can now clearly hear the muffler when I start her up and up to about 25 - 30 mph (I prefer totally quiet, but don't mind this level of sound) - quiet at cruising speed, and at wot the intake drowns it out.
YAY, thats what im lookin for. And just think, you haved a Stock muffler and it has a sound, Imagine an aftermarket muffler wth a Deep bass sound being louder. Im so excited to get it. You got the 150$ one right? The aluminized B pipe? Cause Thast what I gotta get? I think its the same shape and all, just without a resonater right? Bcause they were saying something about making that b pipe for the 4th gen to bolt up tot he stock mufflers pipe. Well, I have the mufler welded on where they cut the stock muffler off, so I still have about a foot of pipe, and then its the bolts there for the front of the B pipe, so It will still all fit right?

Thanx

Nick