4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Flywheel resurfaced???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:41 PM

Flywheel resurfaced???????????

I am getting my ACT street/strip clutch installed next week.
1. Do I HAVE to get the flywheel resurfaced? I was told that it was a very good idea to do such, but the mechanic at the shop said I might not need it.
2. Should I leave it to his discression?
3. What could happen if I dont get it resurfaced? I told him that my clutch is slipping pretty bad but he said that has nothing to do with what shape the flywheel is in.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:47 PM

Re: Flywheel resurfaced???????????

Originally posted by luckee2bhere
I am getting my ACT street/strip clutch installed next week.
1. Do I HAVE to get the flywheel resurfaced? I was told that it was a very good idea to do such, but the mechanic at the shop said I might not need it.
2. Should I leave it to his discression?
3. What could happen if I dont get it resurfaced? I told him that my clutch is slipping pretty bad but he said that has nothing to do with what shape the flywheel is in.
Its a very good idea to get it resurfaced. Kinda like getting your rotors turned when doing a break job. You dont' have to, but....

I thought turing the flywheel was part of getting a new clutch installed, seems like most places make it apart of the install.

As for what can happen if you don't?? not sure, increased wear on your new clutch, ect??