4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

{I Cant Believe It!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 12:22 AM
AssyrianRacer

{I Cant Believe It!!!

Man today I was droping of at home it was a full house in my Maxima. I line up on a red light with a 5Spd GSR Integra with a few bolt ons (Cold Air, Exhaust) and we wnt at it. I had him and I beat him. I drop one of my friends off and go to drop the next one off. On the same road except going the opposite direction, I find a Neon that is suped to the Max with bolt ons. All of them you name it he had it. It was a 5 spd, In a short race about a half a block he had me but i was catching, i Estimate that he runs High 14's, this is the first race Ive lost, and to a Neon, I would have beat him if it was a bit longer though, we got to the next red but the guy chikend out and turned. Is it right for a Maxima to be violated like this???

Shift_ To Get Away From The Cops!!!

Old 01-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I was in the car when he raced both cars. The GSR was a great race, it was neck to neck for like half a mile, then the max won. About the neon, the owner must have spent a large sum of money and time to get his car the way it is. Fully body kitted, dual exhaust, and im guessing he had all the bolt-ons and maybe a turbo or SC.... Both the neon and max were lined up and they both had a very good launch, and outta nowhere the neon just pulled. The max got beat by a good 2-3 car lenghts in the short race, which lasted about a good block, or maybe more. I expected this car would be all show and no go but this guy had it all. Sheesh, so embarassing, lol.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

Just wait until the new Neon SRT or whatever, thats turbocharged one set to come out pretty soon. Its suppose to run 0-60 in the mid or high 5s. I bet we'll hear a lot more about them beating our Max in the near future.
O well, at least I know that my chances of coming out of an accident one piece is greater in my max and my sister's neon. I hit a curb on a snowy night 2 weeks after she got her neon and it costed me 2 grand to fix. God I hate them cars.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about ur lose but think with the right bolt ons for our Maximas, no neon will be able to beat us. Just imagine, the new neon I think it will come with 220 hp, turbocharged. Our Maximas come 190 hp naturally. Now put a turbo in our cars and do the right mods, those POS neons won't have a chance.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Keepdiscoevil

Originally posted by Jshock1
Sorry to hear about ur lose but think with the right bolt ons for our Maximas, no neon will be able to beat us. Just imagine, the new neon I think it will come with 220 hp, turbocharged. Our Maximas come 190 hp naturally. Now put a turbo in our cars and do the right mods, those POS neons won't have a chance.

The new neons still have the same amount of power as they usually do, Around 130 probely. But you can get that new turboed SRT Neon or whatever, it is 220 horses. Did you race one of those? COuse i bet those are fast. Do not worry i was in my car and i lost to a civic last night.

Old 01-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You win some, you lose some.

Never sleep on a car because you never know what they might have done.

I lost to a 13 second Jeep at the track once.