4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

maxima got damaged or vandilized

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 09:39 AM

maxima got damaged or vandilized

Well, looks like someone drove into my Max.
I saw the passenger front and rear doors, as well as the rear fender and almost had a heart attack.
I am not sure where it happened, since I am never on the passenger side, but I am pretty sure it was at some parking lot.
The car needs to be painted as it has a lot of faint, long but noticable scratches, and the dents need to be fixed. I counted about 12 of them. Thank god they are really shallow and small.
The only thing is, there is 2 very deep, about 4cm in diameter dents where the paint came off, so now I am warried about rust.
It could also be that someone kicked and kneed the car, but I'll never know.

Anyone here ever had something like this?
How did you go about fixing it and how much was it?
Did you go through insurance? Was deductible waived?

Thanks for the info...
Man I am ****ed!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: maxima got damaged or vandilized

You'll end up paying your deductible, and you'll watch your rates go up (possibly).

Sounds like a couple thousand in body work. If you want it fixed, go through your insurance; you're paying the premium, might as well use it. The ins co will probably give you a list of qualified body shops in your area, you get the estimate, they cut you a check (minus the deductible).

Hey, might be a good time to add a body kit! The shop will usually cut you a deal if you throw that much business at them.

Good luck, sorry to hear about the vandalism. That kind of stuff makes me sick.

Pondo
Old 01-27-2003, 12:06 PM

I had that happen to me in a parking lot. Came out from a restaurant to find a dent in my car along with the beige paint off some car's bumper. I filed a claim, and it was ruled as a no fault case, so I paid my deductible, and that was it. Car was out for a week and I got a rental in the meantime.