4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

lucky sharkulator, i got the real ticket today..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

lucky sharkulator, i got the real ticket today..

its almost midnight i was driving down the 405 goign northbound in so cali. after school i went to my friends house to hang out and avoid rush hour. anyway im doing my normal driving(cruising at 80-85). but yeah. im comming on a truck that the same lane as me bout 30 ft in front of me. i was in the outermost lane before the carpool. right next to the truck one lane to the right was a pos early 90's corrola and a buick. normally i would just pass the truck on the right but the corrola and the buick were in my way so i sped up and noticed an opening in the carpool lane. i turn into the carpool lane, pull to bout 95 and pass the truck and get back into my origianl lane, i was out even before the carpool lane closed again. i sped ahead for about another 30 seconds and noticed a pair of headligths commign up quick in the rearview. thought it was the truck or somethign ****ed that i cut him off. but nope. the blue n red lights went on. he was a ****. i pulled over at the next exit, rolled down windows all the way, turned on the interior lights and put both hands on the wheel like a good victim. i told him i was just trying to get home cuz it was late and i had school the nexy day. did all the normal crap. comes back with a fatt ticket, speeding 90, carpool lane, tint, balding tires, and no front plate. i think the latter 3 are correctable but still.its a good 700 dollar ticket...crapp..any sugestions?..who knows if i can take traffic school agin..recently took it 5 months ago. i think i can take it again but i have to go for a longer session.anyknow know about these laws? thanks.any info appreciated.. sorry for the long story..
Old 02-04-2003, 04:52 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

How about you do your own investigation of your local traffic laws?

I dont know what you meant to call the officer when you called him a "****" but we respect law enforcement officers on Maxima.org.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:01 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally posted by mzmtg

I dont know what you meant to call the officer when you called him a "****" but we respect law enforcement officers on Maxima.org.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:41 AM

Hell yeah. I cant stand people that call cops names, they keep us safe (in theory). Keep dancin around fire, you'll eventually get burned. Sorry man. Dont break the law if you dont want tickets.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:44 AM

Old 02-04-2003, 07:47 AM

I know out here you can only take defensive driving once a year, there is always the probation option. When I got pulled over, I was real cool and respectful and just admitted I messed up. I even told him if I was in his shoes I would give me a ticket.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:01 AM

they get the best of us sometimes....respect cops? they are citizens that patrol the streets, not a higher form of nature.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by nirwhistlr
they get the best of us sometimes....respect cops? they are citizens that patrol the streets, not a higher form of nature.
you should start by respecting all people.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:24 AM
V^___^V

Originally posted by sharkulator
I know out here you can only take defensive driving once a year, there is always the probation option. When I got pulled over, I was real cool and respectful and just admitted I messed up. I even told him if I was in his shoes I would give me a ticket.
sup i'm from north cal, i got a ticket goin @ 85 but the cop was really nice cuz i was honest with him about everythin, he only charged me $79 and wrote me down for 75... i went to traffic school so it all add up to 109 for the entire thing...

ever since i got my ticket i learned my lesson, not tat i hate cops or anythin... they're jus doin their job protectin us, or some krazy drivers like me and u hittin other innocent people on the road... u may think u got skill but there are always risk with driving, so letZ jus try to respect the cops and their responsibility...

this incident obviously is ur fault cuz it was against the law... jus take it as an experience and next time jus watch out when u wanna boast, perhaps get a radar detector or somethin... good luck man~~
Old 02-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by Miasma

Hell yeah. I cant stand people that call cops names, they keep us safe (in theory).

In theory? Would you prefer that they not be out there?
Old 02-04-2003, 09:32 AM

We do??? Damn and i actually like the org until Mzmtg said that I know officers are just doing there "job" But 700 dollars in trumped up tickets is bull**** not a job. He didn't ahve to do that. I hate officers for that exact reason. He could be out preventing real crimes, i mean even traffic enforcement crimes. I bet while he was pulled over tooling around "max n00bs" car at least 1 or 2 drunk drivers drove by that he could have been catching. Its total bullsheit if you ask me, and i know you didn't but i'm telling you anyways. Thats the exact reason i have a 300 dollar radar detector Cops SUCK!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by TonyGotSkilz

We do??? Damn and i actually like the org until Mzmtg said that I know officers are just doing there "job" But 700 dollars in trumped up tickets is bull**** not a job. He didn't ahve to do that. I hate officers for that exact reason. He could be out preventing real crimes, i mean even traffic enforcement crimes. I bet while he was pulled over tooling around "max n00bs" car at least 1 or 2 drunk drivers drove by that he could have been catching. Its total bullsheit if you ask me, and i know you didn't but i'm telling you anyways. Thats the exact reason i have a 300 dollar radar detector Cops SUCK!
You're an idiot. A complete idiot.

Thread locked.