4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

just got an email from custom maxima...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 12:33 PM

just got an email from custom maxima...

I emailed custom maxima what the price for the bolt on dual exhaust and the replied with $850.00 US, can someone please explain why it is so high? im in canada and that is like over $1300.00.

thanx
ciao
Old 02-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

You gotta pay to play. That's why the site is customamxima.com and NOT averagemaxima.com FYI, if you have a good local muffler shop, you can get one done for less than $500.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
You gotta pay to play. That's why the site is customamxima.com and NOT averagemaxima.com FYI, if you have a good local muffler shop. You can get one done for less than $500.
shame, huh?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:52 PM

what are the average HP gains from this dual system? Is it an actual dual exhaust or just a make believe "suto" system?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by Lawk
what are the average HP gains from this dual system? Is it an actual dual exhaust or just a make believe "suto" system?
You mean pseudo?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:58 PM

yeah really. from what i hear its all show
Originally posted by gimpatron

You mean pseudo?
Old 02-10-2003, 02:31 PM

No one has a true dual exhaust. A true dual exhaust will not have a ypipe.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:08 PM

i guess i mean psuedo. I wish it was spelled suto though.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There is no HP gains from this set up, Ill be blunt about it, Its just a ricer thing seriously. You want real HP get some boost and dont waste 1K on something worthless thats just for looks doesnt even look right on a Maxima.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:29 PM

Dual Exhaust Setup

Take it from me. This dual exhaust setup is awesome...I can't go anywhere with people turning heads or coming up to me at gas stations and asking questions! If you're looking for a noticeable horse power gain, sure there is some of course (like with most other high-end aftermarket exhaust system),but I for one love the way it looks and the way it sounds!! I've had people tell me...that my car sounds like a deep v-8 rolling up...haha. Well hope this little write up helps....any questions...please feel free to ask away! Lata!
Old 02-12-2003, 06:43 PM

Re: Dual Exhaust Setup

Originally posted by JeremiahMaximaSE
Take it from me. This dual exhaust setup is awesome...I can't go anywhere with people turning heads or coming up to me at gas stations and asking questions! If you're looking for a noticeable horse power gain, sure there is some of course (like with most other high-end aftermarket exhaust system),but I for one love the way it looks and the way it sounds!! I've had people tell me...that my car sounds like a deep v-8 rolling up...haha. Well hope this little write up helps....any questions...please feel free to ask away! Lata!
well u do have a kit, red/clears...i dont think u should put all the credit on the dual exhaust...
Old 02-12-2003, 06:47 PM

Hey jeremiah is your car a 95/96 I see you have the 95/96 clear tails combo but a 97 front. You got the 97 front end mod huh?
Old 02-12-2003, 07:09 PM

i like duals
Old 02-12-2003, 07:45 PM

To ansqwer your question....

Yes, I did the 97-99 front-conversion on my 1995 Nissan Maxima. You got it right! Lata!
-Jeremiah
Old 02-13-2003, 08:24 AM

Re: To ansqwer your question....

Jeremiah... those wheels are hideous. i can understand why you like the duals. no taste. sorry for the bashing, but i hate the flashy max.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:34 AM
V^___^V

Originally posted by JAY25

There is no HP gains from this set up, Ill be blunt about it, Its just a ricer thing seriously. You want real HP get some boost and dont waste 1K on something worthless thats just for looks doesnt even look right on a Maxima.
unless ur running turbo or SC... it'll have a better flow in a way, but if not it's jus riced.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:38 AM

Old 02-13-2003, 10:00 AM

me too

Originally posted by Kashoggio
i like duals
Go dual or go home. Looks great and sounds better. Symmetry 4 me baby.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:11 AM
I'm needing a caw

Hate to break it to you but for forced induction, there is more flow to be had by a larger single exhaust. So it's looks either way

Originally posted by happyricefob

unless ur running turbo or SC... it'll have a better flow in a way, but if not it's jus riced.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:15 AM

Re: Dual Exhaust Setup

Jermeiah,
You car looks great. Did you get your rear bumper molded on like Corey did? If not, how's the fit between the Skyline rear bumper againest the side of the rear quarter panel?

Old 02-13-2003, 06:25 PM

Quarter panels w/kit

Actually, the Skyline kit's lines for the rear bumper match evenly with the lines with the rest of the car. To answer your question, no I did not have my bumper molded to the rest of my car like Corey had done. But I like it just the same though the way it is Thanks for the props man by the way. Lata!
-Jeremiah
Old 02-13-2003, 07:14 PM

Re: Quarter panels w/kit

Actually, the Skyline kit's lines for the rear bumper match evenly with the lines with the rest of the car. To answer your question, no I did not have my bumper molded to the rest of my car like Corey had done. But I like it just the same though the way it is Thanks for the props man by the way. Lata!
-Jeremiah
1)Like the body kit

2) Duals are a personal preference - to me, I don't like them, but I get how someone could.

3) But your rims just suck.

Oh, and It's not "Sponsered by: Custommaxima.com"
It's SPONSORED....

Old 02-14-2003, 09:58 AM

Re: Re: Quarter panels w/kit

Originally posted by iansw

3) But your rims just suck.

Yeah, those things are disgusting. puts the max to shame.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: Quarter panels w/kit

Yeah, those things are disgusting. puts the max to shame.
I really don't like those wheels much either. I'm not much of a fan of the painted white grill either. Otherthan that it looks pretty good. Redclears > Altezzas
Old 02-14-2003, 05:09 PM

If you don't like the rims......well....

I just wanted to point out to the gentleman who said, “your rims suck” in regards to my Maxima. My point is two-fold. First of all, although obscurely titled, this thread is supposed to be about people’s impressions of the dual exhaust. I replied with my succinct write up as to how I felt about this product. This thread was not intended as a forum for one’s impression on how my “rims suck”. No, I’m not telling people how to act, nor am I a judge. It would be ostentatious for me to do so. What I do feel though, it is rather discordant to express opinions in such crude and deconstructive manner. In the future I think it would be prudent if people were more considerate and lent helpful information. . . . And by the way, yes I am getting new wheels in the spring; now, that I can finally afford new ones and dispose of the wheels that I have now. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Blazin......

Re: If you don't like the rims......well....

I think HE PROVED HIS POINT WELL>

Some of you A$$ monkeys thinks its cool to keep reposting the
"i think your wheels suck line". It was posted once, let it be.
Remember that wasnt even the topic.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:44 PM

Re: Re: If you don't like the rims......well....

Originally posted by bobjohnson
I think HE PROVED HIS POINT WELL>

Some of you A$$ monkeys thinks its cool to keep reposting the
"i think your wheels suck line". It was posted once, let it be.
Remember that wasnt even the topic. His exhaust was, and his exhaust probabbly cost more than any of your's or some of your wheels anyway.

Ive said it before and again: "some of you are complete queers."
Old 02-14-2003, 06:01 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Go to your local custom muffler shop. Get this:

-2.5" crush bent b-pipe with 20-22" glasspack resonator

-flowmasters 80 series (2 chambered) camaro muffler

-2.25" pipe hooking to one of the mufflers outlets and run it around the tire well by crush bending.

-3.5" chrome tips

All this, includinginstallation, should cost you around $400 minus the tips. The muffler is too thin to be visible from any angle, so don't worry about that.

As far as duals being rice, that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. My exhaust sounds meaner then 98% of all Maxima's on here. Rice is a Single Greddy catback with a huge tipped fart can with a monotone huuuuuuuuum. How are 2 nicely proportioned chrome tips at either side of the bumper rice? does the muffler have to pop out of the bottom like a bee hive for it to be "cool"? Sorry but just about everyone I've talked to prefer duals over single exhaust. It sounds better, it looks much better, and it is much more aggressive. So you haters stick to your huge canisters and keep dreaming of steam pouring out of twin tips.

Oh, and I definatally have the power to back up my "ricey dual exhaust".
Old 02-14-2003, 06:40 PM
SLOW

People call it rice not because of the way it looks but because of the fact that it's for show rather than go.

Personally I like dual exhausts on the Max, but I can't justify spending the extra money to have a dual setup, I only spend money to make my car faster.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally posted by JAY25

That Jaime is brutal... but honest.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:46 PM

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed

That Jaime is brutal... but honest.
I love it.. and he speaks the truth without the extra runaround.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:07 PM

Duals arn't very ricey how many honda civics do you see with dual exhuast? Its for show and it looks much better than one.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally posted by Mal5spdMax
Duals arn't very ricey how many honda civics do you see with dual exhuast? Its for show and it looks much better than one.
They are just saying it is ricey in the sense that it is something that is purchased to make your car 'look' faster but it does nothing. I am a very symmetrical person. That's why I killed my antenna and trunk keyhole. So I agree, I don't really like having one exhaust. So I actually did consider getting a dual. But then I decided on NO exhaust! Symmetrical and clean. I had my tip tucked up and hidden. Now I just need to fill in my exhaust half-circle. I'll be doing that this summer (along with some other things).
Old 02-15-2003, 12:30 AM
living out of a maxima...

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
[B]I am a very symmetrical person. That's why I killed my antenna and trunk keyhole.
That's why I like the duals... they it gives the car a symmetrical look. I'd spend the money for the same reason I'd spend money on rims or a kit. They serve no functional purpose (with the exceptions of lightweight wheels), but they make the car a different look and character. Some want show, some want go, some want both.

On the other hand, I don't really like the back of the skyline kit with the duals. I think the cutout portions around the bottom of the bumper are too big or something. Craig, I like yours better because they're a little more subtle.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by JeffesonM
On the other hand, I don't really like the back of the skyline kit with the duals. I think the cutout portions around the bottom of the bumper are too big or something. Craig, I like yours better because they're a little more subtle.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:08 AM

Re: If you don't like the rims......well....

I just wanted to point out to the gentleman who said, “your rims suck” in regards to my Maxima. My point is two-fold. First of all, although obscurely titled, this thread is supposed to be about people’s impressions of the dual exhaust.
Hey Jeremiah. Im sorry for starting the alternate topic of this thread and hurting your feelings. To right the situation i will make a comment that is on subject.

Your duals and your rims suck.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:33 AM

i think the duals complement the skyline kit nicely...they have pics on the custommaxima.com
Old 02-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

all show no go i think that all the extra piping would only slow you down even more
Old 02-19-2003, 08:30 AM

So it make the max sound like a american muscle car?? BLAH!
Old 02-19-2003, 01:33 PM

Well I think?

It comes down to personal preference. If you like symmetry and a killer bass "drone" get duals. If you're all about light weight and ET's get a single. Make your choice and stop talking sh*t about people for making theirs.
P.S Duals rule.

Quick Reply: just got an email from custom maxima...