4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

budget vs warpseed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 09:34 PM

budget vs warpseed

I am gonna be ordering a whole new exhaust system including y pipe b pipe and a borla muffler. I had my mind set on warspeed but now after hearing a few good things about budget i cant decide. Any suggestions. I am willing to pay the extra cash if warpseed is a more of a quality product. Furthermore is the budget y pipe stainless steal?
Old 02-23-2003, 09:47 PM

You can get a warpspeed in either stainless or aluminum.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Grand Nagus Zek

i dont know much about either

I had been set on stillen ... i was looking at a complete exhaust upgrade. it was going to cost me near 1 large. For some reason after i had been saving a few weeks. i thought i would see what else was out there. i recalled warpspeed ... so i checked the site out, and ended up emailing warpspeed ... i tried to explain what i was looking for in a complete setup ... later that morning i went to work ... while i was at the office ..the phone rang ...it was warp speed ..the guy was having a cup of coffee hanging out and wanted to chat a bit to make sure we understood one another ... at that point I was like okay im listening ...these guys know whats up if you asked me... i was blown away by the service..and thats a rare deal now days ... i would advise anyone to always check every avenue for quality and price...for me it was stillen vs. warpspeed .. After talking to the guy I thought about it and made a purchase 2 days later... again you may want opinions from more knowledgable owners who have had both or one or the other ... this time next week i will really be setting it all straight .... one thing is for sure ...whatever you go with..will be much tha cooler than what ya got now ... cutEN some weight added some horses ....NICE ! Good luck and let me know how it all turns out..

Old 02-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Fred G. Sandford vs SCOTTIE "Star Trek"
Old 02-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got a 96 with WSP aluminum Ypipe,and my brother got 2k1 with buget.It seem to me like they both work pretty well.No bee in the can what so ever.But I have hear nothing but good for the WSP,and I have also heard that some have problem with the bee in the can on the Buget before but not much lately.So it depend on how much you want to spend.Buget is cheaper though.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Budget Y-Pipe is T-304 Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent. They do not make an aluminized pipe like Wrapspeed.

The Budget pipe sells for approx $160 Shipped (depending on the exchange rate). Wrapspeed sell their aluminized steel for $225 plus shipping and their SS pipes for $275-299 plus shipping.

I am not sure on the exact pricing (approx $130) of the Budget SS B-Pipe but they are still much cheaper than any other on the market.

Plus you get great, fast service. Call them 905 681-4579 and visit their page. www.budgetexhaust.com

Their prices are in Cdn$ multiply by .64 for US Dollars.

PS If you live close enough they will install for free vs shipping.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:43 AM

Re: budget vs warpseed

Don't know about Warspeed ordered a Pipe through Budget and my Credit Card didn't go through cause I had bought some plane tickets. They didn't bump my spot ran my card the next morning and four days later my pipe was at my door. The have good Customer service as for my dealings. Do your Homework hope everything works out well.

Originally posted by magnum658
I am gonna be ordering a whole new exhaust system including y pipe b pipe and a borla muffler. I had my mind set on warspeed but now after hearing a few good things about budget i cant decide. Any suggestions. I am willing to pay the extra cash if warpseed is a more of a quality product. Furthermore is the budget y pipe stainless steal?