4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Auto Polish

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Auto Polish

I am continually trying to find the perfect auto polish. I've tried Zymol, Meguire's, AutoGlym, etc. They all work fine. However, I recently found what I consider to be the perfect polish. It's called Glare Professional Polish. Check out their web page Glare Professional Polish

It's kind of pricey at $29.99 for a 12 oz. bottle. You might be able to get a lower price from this gentleman: Robert Zidell (888) 706-9888. I don't get a commission from this. I just like the product.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Re: Auto Polish

Originally posted by T-One
I am continually trying to find the perfect auto polish. I've tried Zymol, Meguire's, AutoGlym, etc. They all work fine. However, I recently found what I consider to be the perfect polish. It's called Glare Professional Polish. Check out their web page Glare Professional Polish

It's kind of pricey at $29.99 for a 12 oz. bottle. You might be able to get a lower price from this gentleman: Robert Zidell (888) 706-9888. I don't get a commission from this. I just like the product.
Hmmm I don't know if id trust a multipurpose polish on my car.

Has anyone else tried this stuff?

I like Meguiars Gold class
Old 03-07-2003, 02:40 PM
rcy

Re: Auto Polish

I like Zymol, but I really really like AutoGlym.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:43 PM

Re: Re: Auto Polish

Originally posted by rcy

I'm like Zymol, but I really really like AutoGlym.
I felt the exact same way. In my personal opinion, Glaze beats them both. The only draw back is $$$$$
Old 03-07-2003, 07:37 PM

Group Deal?

I want some! Start up a group deal with your buddy and I'm in. Maybe we could get it down in the lower 20s?
Let me Know
Old 03-07-2003, 09:25 PM

what kind of zymol product did you use ? ... the stuff you can buy in a store, or the stuff you have to order thats a couple hundred dollars or some such thing. Zaino bros. is supposed to be good too.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:25 PM

Zymol

Originally posted by Stillnmax
what kind of zymol product did you use ? ... the stuff you can buy in a store, or the stuff you have to order thats a couple hundred dollars or some such thing. Zaino bros. is supposed to be good too.
I bought my Zymol Costco. Two bottles for 14 bucks.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:31 PM

Re: Group Deal?

Originally posted by TousDaddy
I want some! Start up a group deal with your buddy and I'm in. Maybe we could get it down in the lower 20s?
Let me Know
I'll call the Glare guy on Monday and see what kind of deals he'll offer. The reason I found this product, is that my company I work for a uses this product to remove hard water stains from glass. It works great on glass, even better on cars.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ZAINO.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally posted by krbga
ZAINO.
I want some zaino where can i get it?
Old 03-09-2003, 01:29 PM

Re: Re: Group Deal?

Sounds good I really find this product interesting and am willing to give it a shot.
My email is tousij2@hotmail give me a holler when u hear.
Peace
I'll call the Glare guy on Monday and see what kind of deals he'll offer. The reason I found this product, is that my company I work for a uses this product to remove hard water stains from glass. It works great on glass, even better on cars.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:38 PM

thats the problem... the good zymol has to be ordered... not the store bought crap

http://www.zymol.com/carwash.htm

try that for REAL zymol...
Old 03-09-2003, 02:39 PM

this thread inspired to go out today and wash & wax my ride.. i used regular caranuba wax which does the job until my Zaino comes in.. i did notice minor winter blast, specially on the front bumper and a few new hood chips. Considering the winter; my max was looking showroom condition today.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:58 AM

Re: Group Deal?

Originally posted by TousDaddy
Let me Know
Just spoke to the "Glare" guy. He said, he'll work a deal that eveyone would be pleased about. Just give him a call. He also said they beat Zymol in a trade show held in Singapore. His name is ROBERT ZIDELL @ -(888)-706-9888.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:11 AM

How you guys feel about Mother's clay bar? I heard the clay bar stuff is really really good before waxing. I'm considering trying it out....it's also kind of pricey ($20). Just wanted some input before I buy.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by shuefu
How you guys feel about Mother's clay bar? I heard the clay bar stuff is really really good before waxing. I'm considering trying it out....it's also kind of pricey ($20). Just wanted some input before I buy.
I've used it before. It works great. I only paid $12. @ Wal-Mart.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:56 PM
An atavistic endeavor...

I've changed my routine sine the huge detailing post I made here like a year ago. I was using a lot of Zymol, but the logevity of the Carbon just sucks too much and I've realized I need a cleaner wax if I want to keep it consistently swirl free. The Carbon is still the BOMB diggity, just too much work.

I'm now using Ardex products. Specifically, I use Seal-B and Flint Wax. The Seal-B is a real light glaze. The best thing about these products is that they are designed to be applied by machine. I use my buffer for the whole process (except removing the wax) now. Good stuff.

I don't like clay bars. Everyone and their mother on here uses one but I've found that they don't do anything for me, and they are supposedly too harsh for normal cleaning. They are meant to remove overspray, not clean finished paint.

RE: The original post. That stuff seems highly suspect to me. It claims to be a polish, but also claims to protect your paint...yet implies it's not cleaner wax...well what is it then? I'm also suspect of any kind of "sealant" especially any one that says anything about turning to glass on and within your paint...what a crock of **** that is. It also claims to last 5 years...mmmhmmm...
Old 03-10-2003, 04:23 PM

So those of you with black cars which brand do you prefer? I have been considering adding Black Lightning to my collection. I haven't really heard much about it but I came across their website the other day and it seems like it might be worth trying. I want to cry every time I walk out and see those light scratches in my black paint
Old 03-10-2003, 04:26 PM

wat is a good wax that wont cost a lot? ive been using turtle wax extreme for a while because it does good a filling in lil swirl marks and stuff like that. but i cant get all the damn white **** off my car
Old 03-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally posted by endus

RE: The original post. That stuff seems highly suspect to me. It claims to be a polish, but also claims to protect your paint...yet implies it's not cleaner wax...well what is it then? I'm also suspect of any kind of "sealant" especially any one that says anything about turning to glass on and within your paint...what a crock of **** that is. It also claims to last 5 years...mmmhmmm...
Exactly my sentiments. This reminds me of the autofoam sealant that said you never again have to wax your car, because it was a polymer.Yes, it protected your paint, but it did not keep a show car shine!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 04:46 PM
rcy

Originally posted by infinit30t
So those of you with black cars which brand do you prefer? I have been considering adding Black Lightning to my collection. I haven't really heard much about it but I came across their website the other day and it seems like it might be worth trying. I want to cry every time I walk out and see those light scratches in my black paint
Autoglym - use the Super Resin Polish all over to get rid of the light scratches. If you have heavy scratches you can cautiously use the Paint Restorer, but it is more abrasive. Follow up with Extra Gloss Protection for a smokin' shine. I really like this stuff.