4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I RAISED my Max!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 05:50 PM
CustomMax

Haha, just kidding. I do, however, have a legitimate question. How much should a set of H&R Springs run me, and how much should a set of Koni's cost? Just an average price...and I would also appreciate any info as to what companies on the net sell them at reasonable prices. Any website addresses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2001, 06:11 PM

New... H&R's ~$200 Koni's ~$450...
Old 01-12-2001, 06:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DaEnigma
New... H&R's ~$200 Koni's ~$450...
u forgot:
shrinking sig pic ~priceless
Old 01-12-2001, 09:27 PM

now you've got the right idea

My Eibachs cost me $240 (H&Rs should be a bit less), and my Koni adjustables $500 plus shipping plus install, cost about A THOUSAND BUCKS!!
Got all the hardware from http://www.tirerack.com, they shipped it directly to a shop nearby of my choosing. Their prices are really competitive, I looked around dude.
Justin
Old 01-13-2001, 12:49 AM

I'm such a lucky bastard

I got my (lightly used) Pro-Kit for a mere $100
Mwahahaha
Old 01-13-2001, 03:25 AM

ya shrink your pic. it is annoying

Adam
Old 01-13-2001, 05:31 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
ya shrink your pic. it is annoying

Adam
"ya" Jump off a cliff. You're annoying.

Old 01-13-2001, 05:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

no really

you have to shrink your pic dude. Jambos rule. You cant have one that big. Because its harder to download for the 56k guys. I dont haev it I have dsl so its no prob but Im jsut looking out for you as well as the others. Cmon a smaller one wont hurt itll help the community hehe!
Old 01-13-2001, 09:44 AM

get rid of it completely...
Old 01-13-2001, 10:21 AM

yea

I have a cable modem so its not a problem here, but many others only have 56k, and its a pain for them to have to keep loading such a large picture, if you need help shrinking i'll do it for you.
Old 01-13-2001, 10:29 AM

As far as I know,

Jambo's rule was to not have anything larger than 50k. Actual (x by y) size of the jpg is irrelevent in comparison to the byte size. His pic is actually almost half the size compared to Nine7Max's, and you guys ain't complaining about his. (sorry dude! heheh had to prove my point =P)

It's 55k it's 5k too much but who cares it looks good =P
Old 01-13-2001, 11:21 AM

Re: As far as I know,

Originally posted by ereet
Jambo's rule was to not have anything larger than 50k. Actual (x by y) size of the jpg is irrelevent in comparison to the byte size. His pic is actually almost half the size compared to Nine7Max's, and you guys ain't complaining about his. (sorry dude! heheh had to prove my point =P)

It's 55k it's 5k too much but who cares it looks good =P
it's called common courtesy.. which i see some people were absent from class that day
Old 01-13-2001, 06:33 PM
CustomMax

Re: yea

I'm not sure I understand the logic of your response. Whether my picture is 3 inches tall or 10 feet tall it is the 'bytes' that matter. My picture is 55K as a pose to yours being over 100. ONE HUNDRED. I was over my girlfriends house today on her 33.6 modem and my picture loaded instantly. It took almost a minute for yours to load. I am not the one that should be the center of this big signiture controversey that some of the Maxima.org losers brought to life.

Originally posted by Nine7Max
I have a cable modem so its not a problem here, but many others only have 56k, and its a pain for them to have to keep loading such a large picture, if you need help shrinking i'll do it for you.

Old 01-13-2001, 06:46 PM

Re: Re: yea

Originally posted by CustomMax
I'm not sure I understand the logic of your response. Whether my picture is 3 inches tall or 10 feet tall it is the 'bytes' that matter. My picture is 55K as a pose to yours being over 100. ONE HUNDRED. I was over my girlfriends house today on her 33.6 modem and my picture loaded instantly. It took almost a minute for yours to load. I am not the one that should be the center of this big signiture controversey that some of the Maxima.org losers brought to life.
im not bugging about the file size.. i just think its stupid to have your sig much much larger than your actual post text.. really seems to me that you have troubles with common courtesy.. i mean i see your post then have to scroll freakin half way down the page just to see the next guys post.. don't get me wrong your car looks fine.. maybe a tad big on the 4x4 side.. but to each they're own.. what people are buggin about is that they have to scroll freaking half way down the page just to see the next freaking post

i
mean
think
about
it
?
do
you
scrolling
that
much
?
didn't
think
you
did
Old 01-13-2001, 07:33 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: yea

It doesn't bother me. And even if it did, it wouldn't be worth my time to complain about it like a four year old that wants an ice cream. Grow up.

Originally posted by Phil96SE
im not bugging about the file size.. i just think its stupid to have your sig much much larger than your actual post text.. really seems to me that you have troubles with common courtesy.. i mean i see your post then have to scroll freakin half way down the page just to see the next guys post.. don't get me wrong your car looks fine.. maybe a tad big on the 4x4 side.. but to each they're own.. what people are buggin about is that they have to scroll freaking half way down the page just to see the next freaking post

i
mean
think
about
it
?
do
you
scrolling
that
much
?
didn't
think
you
did

Old 01-13-2001, 07:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: yea

It doesn't bother me. And even if it did, it wouldn't be worth my time to complain about it like a four year old that wants an ice cream. Grow up.

i
mean
think
about
it
?
do
you
scrolling
that
much
?
didn't
think
you
did
I wonder how long we can go....
Old 01-13-2001, 08:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: yea

like a 4 year old?? you mean the one who helped u plan how your car should lokk?? seriously i was being nice and simply asking u to shrink ur pic.. is it too complicafted for u tod do?? if it im sure someone would helpp u.. but if your so stuckk on wanting to show off your 4x4 maxima by alllmeans make the pic larger so i can laguh harder at it like thatt i was being kind andd sudgesting to you to shrink it.. had i complaind and send y donnt u shrink the ghetto maxima pic then i'dd fullyy underestand.. but did i come ouut and saysn that?? seriously grow up and shriinkk your damn pick.. when ui get the maximaa looking bettert henn by all meanss make it bigger again.. but a freakin stocck maxima with rimss serriuoosly man.. just shrinkk it..
Old 01-13-2001, 08:33 PM

I'm gonna make a life sized sig of my Max cuz I have a custom y pipe and some Cool Blues headlights. And a lot of parts on order. Sweetness!
Old 01-13-2001, 08:37 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yea

What a moron. Who taught you how to type. I experience nausia from just reading your response. Between the horrible grammar and countless mispelled words I could barely make out the general meaning of your letter. I have since lowered my Maxima 1.3 inches with Suspension Techinique springs just so it would meet your approval. I am very well versed in how to manipulate pictures to either enlarge or shrink them; i choose not to manipulate mine. I want everyone to see the ghetto Max, and rag on me for having a pimp car that is a second and a half slower than your Maxima, which has thousands of dollars in performance upgrades. Hmmm, In dash TV or Stillen Y-Pipe? Doesn't seem like a hard choice for me. Would I rather get to work 1 minute sooner, or have a nice TV in my car with a woodgrain dash? Pick something else to waste your time and energy on rather than complaining about my picture, like why you have such a good looking car, and still can't get any pus*y

like a 4 year old?? you mean the one who helped u plan how your car should lokk?? seriously i was being nice and simply asking u to shrink ur pic.. is it too complicafted for u tod do?? if it im sure someone would helpp u.. but if your so stuckk on wanting to show off your 4x4 maxima by alllmeans make the pic larger so i can laguh harder at it like thatt i was being kind andd sudgesting to you to shrink it.. had i complaind and send y donnt u shrink the ghetto maxima pic then i'dd fullyy underestand.. but did i come ouut and saysn that?? seriously grow up and shriinkk your damn pick.. when ui get the maximaa looking bettert henn by all meanss make it bigger again.. but a freakin stocck maxima with rimss serriuoosly man.. just shrinkk it..

Old 01-13-2001, 08:41 PM

Its called, "Phil is drunk". You're a dork. We asked for courtesy of others on smaller modems or whatever. You're the one being a **** about it. Do you want me to show you how to do it, without using Photoshop or some other ****? Its so easy, even a teenager could do it.

PS: Don't diss Phil's Max. He has his own style, you have your own style. Deal.
Old 01-13-2001, 09:02 PM

ahh man.. its okay i fully understand if you can't afford to do both speed and looks mods thats fine by mee.. as for cracking on my typeing as ur type of car fan would say it's all good in the hood yo! muwahhhaha as for *****?? hmmm good choice of chaerecter.. a maxima over a bmw X5 4.4 im sure u'd get farrr more than i there kiddo.. now shrink the fuking picture.. before i lose all sense of beliefe that your a good guy..
Old 01-13-2001, 09:04 PM
CustomMax

What the hell are you talking about? I think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I never "dissed" Phil's Max, I just said I think money is better spent on luxuries than small amounts of added speed. As for the shrinkage of the picture, I guess you didn't understand the words "versed" and "manipulate" in my previous post. I'll put it in elementary terms to help you better understand what I said....I know how to make my picture smaller (that would be the 'manipulate' part), I just don't feel the need to. There are almost 3000 users on this board and only 5 complain about my pic. As for your statement "We asked for courtesy of others on smaller modems or whatever." You really should stop talking because you are displaying your gross ignorance concerning this subject. Although my picture is large in actual physical size, the file size is really quite small. Therefore, my picture loads instantly even on 28 baud modems. There are lots of pictures in peoples sigs that are smaller in physical size, but are much large in file size and take a lot longer to load than my pic. Before you start shooting off your ignorant comments concerning loading time educate yourself to the subject first.

Originally posted by Maximamike
Its called, "Phil is drunk". You're a dork. We asked for courtesy of others on smaller modems or whatever. You're the one being a **** about it. Do you want me to show you how to do it, without using Photoshop or some other ****? Its so easy, even a teenager could do it.

PS: Don't diss Phil's Max. He has his own style, you have your own style. Deal.

Old 01-13-2001, 09:09 PM

**** this ****, I quit. Nice dual wipers.. LOL
Old 01-13-2001, 09:10 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I never "dissed" Phil's Max, I just said I think money is better spent on luxuries than small amounts of added speed. As for the shrinkage of the picture, I guess you didn't understand the words "versed" and "manipulate" in my previous post. I'll put it in elementary terms to help you better understand what I said....I know how to make my picture smaller (that would be the 'manipulate' part), I just don't feel the need to. There are almost 3000 users on this board and only 5 complain about my pic. As for your statement "We asked for courtesy of others on smaller modems or whatever." You really should stop talking because you are displaying your gross ignorance concerning this subject. Although my picture is large in actual physical size, the file size is really quite small. Therefore, my picture loads instantly even on 28 baud modems. There are lots of pictures in peoples sigs that are smaller in physical size, but are much large in file size and take a lot longer to load than my pic. Before you start shooting off your ignorant comments concerning loading time educate yourself to the subject first.
hey man.. we all happy that ur damn file size is 55k but its not the dl time that pissed us off.. its the fact that the freakin ugly chromed out white whiper maxima.. seriously u think im all about speed?? oh an guess what 1.4 secs faster than u?? muwhahahahahah try a whole lot faster.. and don't tell me u wanna look good going slow.. cause pleaseee all that will get u is lil high school gurls who'll want u for ur $$$
Old 01-13-2001, 09:10 PM
CustomMax

Later homey. "As we say in the hood"

Originally posted by Maximamike
**** this ****, I quit. Nice dual wipers.. LOL

Old 01-13-2001, 09:15 PM
CustomMax

O GOD, HE GOT IT!

I can't believe it, Phil S. finally figured me out. I just want to get high school girls that want me for my money. My fiance and I cruise the local high schools every afternoon so I can scope the chicks. One of my favorite past-times. I'll be on the look-out for your girl

hey man.. we all happy that ur damn file size is 55k but its not the dl time that pissed us off.. its the fact that the freakin ugly chromed out white whiper maxima.. seriously u think im all about speed?? oh an guess what 1.4 secs faster than u?? muwhahahahahah try a whole lot faster.. and don't tell me u wanna look good going slow.. cause pleaseee all that will get u is lil high school gurls who'll want u for ur $$$

Old 01-13-2001, 09:17 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

5 People complaining about your pic? Now it's 6. No need to be that big.
Old 01-13-2001, 09:17 PM

hahaha.. good thing she dun go for ur kind huh?
Old 01-13-2001, 09:19 PM
CustomMax

Ha Ha...Are you sure about that

Old 01-13-2001, 09:21 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by NickStam
5 People complaining about your pic? Now it's 6. No need to be that big.
I can live with 6.

Old 01-13-2001, 09:22 PM

OOOOh yeah.. very much so and umm did u win ur fiance over with your hard headed antics too??
Old 01-13-2001, 09:26 PM
CustomMax

OOOOh yeah.. very much so and umm did u win ur fiance over with your hard headed antics too??
Not hard headed, she puts it as "Strong Willed"

-Go Figure-

Old 01-13-2001, 09:28 PM

hahahahahhahaha.. oooh well.. but neway mann jus shrink the pic a tad.. not the file size.. thats all good in the hood.. just the size.. it drivee me nuts
Old 01-13-2001, 09:32 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I don't see why it's that big of a deal to crop the pic.
Old 01-13-2001, 09:34 PM

he likes showing off the 5 year old niche bellas he got
Old 01-13-2001, 09:37 PM
CustomMax

Go to a party, or a club, or do something...Get some sort of falodic parany that somewhat resembles a life, and leave me and my 4 x 4, ghetto max alone.

-If anyone needs me, I'll be in the hood with my homey's-
...lol

Old 01-13-2001, 09:41 PM
CustomMax

he likes showing off the 5 year old niche bellas he got
Isnt' that funny. My "5 year old Niche Bellas" (which aren't really five years old, are more expensive than your piece of sh*t enkei's. Let's all flaunt our ignorance the way Phil S. does, it'll make the world a better place.

Old 01-13-2001, 09:44 PM

Enkei?? muwhahahaha ammatuer.. these are MHT e-tune's .. which would be more than your heavy *** bella's u tryin show that u got money with them?? buy a real car!
Old 01-13-2001, 09:53 PM
CustomMax

Enkei?? muwhahahaha ammatuer.. these are MHT e-tune's .. which would be more than your heavy *** bella's u tryin show that u got money with them?? buy a real car!
Hmmm...I apologize for the error. Anyhow, 17's cost 325 per rim and if you have 18's they are 380 per rim. My rims are 512 per rim...Now, I'm not a math major or anything, but I'd say mine are a little bit more expensive. Before you go shooting off your mouth, displaying your arrogance, you might want to research your topic a little better.

Old 01-13-2001, 09:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CustomMax
Hmmm...I apologize for the error. Anyhow, 17's cost 325 per rim and if you have 18's they are 380 per rim. My rims are 512 per rim...Now, I'm not a math major or anything, but I'd say mine are a little bit more expensive. Before you go shooting off your mouth, displaying your arrogance, you might want to research your topic a little better.
i bow to u oh weathy man.. muwahhahahaha so really y don't u have a better car if u have the money to waste on ugly *** rims???

Quick Reply: I RAISED my Max!!!