4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

KYB GR2 for $280? its ok?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

KYB GR2 for $280? its ok?

hi guys, i almost done....but before buy me new struts..tell me, if you think the price is good or bad

$260, plus shipping($280). KyB GR2

or

$328, plus shipping($348) KyB AGX
Old 03-27-2003, 12:44 PM

Re: KYB GR2 for $280? its ok?

Originally posted by maximabest
hi guys, i almost done....but before buy me new struts..tell me, if you think the price is good or bad

$260, plus shipping($280). KyB GR2

or

$328, plus shipping($348) KyB AGX

$260US is not a great price for a set of GR2's for a 4th gen.

A month ago, I got a set of GR2's at Budget Exhaust (they're about 30 miles from where I live) for $385CDN.
$260US = $403CDN

Do a little more looking around.

However, the AGX price does seem pretty good.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I was just in this decision process two weeks ago...

Get the agx... Not much more money (the dollar amounts I found were about what you listed for each) and the adjustability is well worth it! On full soft it matches stock shocks perfectly and on full firm it'll shake your teeth loose. You can pick your setting by what kind of day you are having! Not bad for less than $75 more... And besides, if you get the gr2's you'll always wonder about the agx's. If you get the agx's and wonder about the gr2's you can always set it for 2 front and 4 rear and KNOW! (this is the gr2 dampening equivalent settings on the agx's)

Gr2's seem like a good shock. I have them on my minivan... (not a slam, just a fact.) They are better than stock replacment struts and seem pretty well constructed.

Good luck,

Jim
Old 03-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 4drsc
I was just in this decision process two weeks ago...

Get the agx... Not much more money (the dollar amounts I found were about what you listed for each) and the adjustability is well worth it! On full soft it matches stock shocks perfectly and on full firm it'll shake your teeth loose. You can pick your setting by what kind of day you are having! Not bad for less than $75 more... And besides, if you get the gr2's you'll always wonder about the agx's. If you get the agx's and wonder about the gr2's you can always set it for 2 front and 4 rear and KNOW! (this is the gr2 dampening equivalent settings on the agx's)

Gr2's seem like a good shock. I have them on my minivan... (not a slam, just a fact.) They are better than stock replacment struts and seem pretty well constructed.

Good luck,

Jim
jejeje i almost broke right now...i will try to buy the AGX but let me know if this price are good...or tell me other store to buy it.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by 4drsc
And besides, if you get the gr2's you'll always wonder about the agx's. If you get the agx's and wonder about the gr2's you can always set it for 2 front and 4 rear and KNOW! (this is the gr2 dampening equivalent settings on the agx's)

Hey Jim,

are you absolutely positive about this? I remember there was a site that compared the AGX settings with the GR2 damping rates, but to me it seems like the AGXs are a lot firmer than stock. (My springs probably contribute to the firmness also, but a lot of people have said the AGXs are kind of harsh sometimes).
Old 03-27-2003, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by spiff56747

Hey Jim,

are you absolutely positive about this?
Nothing in life is sure...

Check this post with info from KYB (its several down from the top):
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=199920

This seems in line with the ride at 1 in front and 2 in back with stock springs that I've tried. My shocks were pretty worn when I changed them out but it seems like they are as soft as I would expect with new stock shocks... I'll probably average at 2 front and 4 rear with trips to the firmer side when I feel like it and softer when I plan a long trip on the freeway.

maximabest: I paid $348 for the agx shipped through ebay... I think the group deal had that beat but I missed out on that

If money is tight, the gr2's are not bad but the agx's are better.

Good luck,

Jim