4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what should i ask to have done

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Banned

what should i ask to have done

i'm brining my car in to have some work done on it it doesn't have the pep of my buddies non modded max. i have 120k miles him 75k. what should i ask them to look at/clean? i'm going to replace the sparkplugs in 2 weeks but i doubt that has much to do with it. is cleaning out the throttle body, and cleaning some sensores going to help at all? any suggestions on things i should do with a 120k 97 max? i bougth it about 3 months ago and now that its decent out i want to start to work on it and have some work done. should i bring it to a dealership?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:50 PM

You should change the trans fluid, the trans filter, engine oil, oil filter, pcv valve, clean combustion chamber and throttle body, change spark plugs, check belts, change the coolant, and check all fluid levels to make sure you MAX will live another 125K with no doubt ! If you take your car to the dealership you'll pay an eye from your face, like 1500-2000 dlls for all this work, but you can do many things yourself like, change the engine oil and filter, clean the throttle body, change the pcv valve, check the belts and check all fluid levels, just take it to the dealership to get the trans fluid and filter changed as well as the belts, you'll save more than $1000 dlls if you learn to maintain your car by yourself, you can start reading this wonderful site www.motorvate.ca and asking all that you want here in the ORG. Good Luck !