4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Encounters of the ricer kind

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 07:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Encounters of the ricer kind

There's a clown here who says that he loves Maximas, blah blah but he does not see any point in racing a Maxima. I see his point in that a Maxima is NOT a "race" car, but that does not take away from the fact that it has one of the best engines ever made and is quick for the type of car that it is. He keeps raving about some MX6 that he had runs 14.3 bone stock and a Scoupe that was in the 12s with a turbo talon engine... etc...

Anyway, this guy is pulling some "Fast and Furious" talk on me, offering up his pink slip to me saying that there is no way a Maxima will get into the 13s without a supercharger (gen 4 Maxima). Now, I told him that a Maxima can get into the low 14s easily without a Supercharger. 13s wouldn't be a problem if traction was not an issue, but unfortunately with FWD we have to contend with that.

Now, my question is to the guys who have done these mods... what times are you running (no forced induction):

y-pipe
b-pipe
test pipe
MEVI
JWT ECU
Pop charger + midpipe

For the guys who have a 1995 5-spd or a gen 4 5-spd for that matter, with the above mods, what kind of times have you been putting up? Thanks for your help guys.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Cheesing away...

It is possible to get into the 13's with a n/a 4th gen. Its difficult though, and it requires slicks.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by vsidesupratt1
It is possible to get into the 13's with a n/a 4th gen. Its difficult though, and it requires slicks.
Yeah I know. But I'm just sick of stupid little ricers. I just wanna hand him a low 14s timeslip and shut him up. But I wanna get an idea before I go doing that, because I don't race on other people's timeslips like this guy seems to like to do.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:16 AM
Paonessa

stillen cat-back, weapon-r WAI, and a tornado(that's right a tornado). best run was 14.4 lowest was around 14.9. and i have a 95 SE 5 speed

Old 04-23-2003, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by Paonessa
stillen cat-back, weapon-r WAI, and a tornado(that's right a tornado). best run was 14.4 lowest was around 14.9. and i have a 95 SE 5 speed
WAI = HAI? You think that's better than a cone filter with a larger mandrel bent midpipe like the one from Frankencar?
Old 04-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Paonessa

i had the same intake on my previous car, a 96 200sx SE-R(different fitment of course), and i swear by it. i really like the option of carbon fiber intake piping, which i got. i suppose you could say i prefer it but i never used a frankencar intake or stillen pop charger so i have no other source of comparison. i really don't think there's all that big of a difference. as long as it's not the stock, restrictive airbox it's an improvement

Old 05-20-2003, 08:08 AM

Re: Encounters of the ricer kind

Originally posted by speedemn
There's a clown here who says that he loves Maximas, blah blah but he does not see any point in racing a Maxima. I see his point in that a Maxima is NOT a "race" car, but that does not take away from the fact that it has one of the best engines ever made and is quick for the type of car that it is. He keeps raving about some MX6 that he had runs 14.3 bone stock and a Scoupe that was in the 12s with a turbo talon engine... etc...

Anyway, this guy is pulling some "Fast and Furious" talk on me, offering up his pink slip to me saying that there is no way a Maxima will get into the 13s without a supercharger (gen 4 Maxima). Now, I told him that a Maxima can get into the low 14s easily without a Supercharger. 13s wouldn't be a problem if traction was not an issue, but unfortunately with FWD we have to contend with that.

Now, my question is to the guys who have done these mods... what times are you running (no forced induction):

y-pipe
b-pipe
test pipe
MEVI
JWT ECU
Pop charger + midpipe

For the guys who have a 1995 5-spd or a gen 4 5-spd for that matter, with the above mods, what kind of times have you been putting up? Thanks for your help guys.
This is the same idiot that I called out on Automotiveforums.com for wanting to get his friends to beat up a manager at Autozone when the guy disrespected him. He's a pu$$y and doesn't know anything about cars.

Don't believe a word he says.