4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help a maxima in despair!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Help a maxima in despair!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

My maxima is hurt bad and I can't afford to take her to the hospital!
But I do have warranty. My whole trans/ clutch problem, I think it's the clutch... With the ACT warranty you guys think they would cover it if the springs in the cluch disc broke??? and also, would the factory warranty cover the starter?

P.S. you think there would be anyway I could get ACT to pay for labor on a defective clutch disc??? it is their fault!

-Tim
Old 04-25-2003, 12:31 PM

I dont know about the ACT warranty, you should have gotten a copy of the warranty when you bought it, so just read it....

For your starter, if your car is still under the origional factory warranty, than you can take it to any dealership and have it replaced for free......
Old 04-25-2003, 12:52 PM

no, its not under original factory warranty, but I have a 36,000 3 year bumper to bumper warranty I bought with the car from carmax.

Anyone with ACT know about the warranties???

Old 04-25-2003, 12:55 PM

I would take it back to carmax for the started then.... Sorry, but I dont know anything about ACT clutch warranties..
Old 04-25-2003, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by sandman1098
I would take it back to carmax for the started then.... Sorry, but I dont know anything about ACT clutch warranties..

Ummm. no.

did you see all the mods I have done, Surely, if carmax see's this they will viod my warranty. SO I am having a friends mech. do all the work and bill carmax warranty if applicable.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:46 PM

My mom's car (95 Civic) is still under full warranty (not from CarMax - extended warranty from car dealer) but usually when I feel that something is wrong, I take it to a Midas and have them check it for free. Then when I figure out the problem, I go to PepBoys (only a $15 checking fee) and have them check it again and call my warranty company. If it's covered then I pay the deductible, if its not, then I would pay the $15 and leave if I can get it done cheaper somewhere else.

Usually when I go, it's always covered so I never had to walk away (the best warranty I've ever had), but around here in Chicago, PepBoys is the cheapest "professional" repair company. Midas, Firestone, Honda Dealer, and some others have crazy prices, but PepBoys is reasonable ($263 for front struts installed that was covered by warranty, but $425 at Midas and $520+ at Firestone - didnt bother with Honda dealer, but prolly above $500)

My suggestion is that find out what the problem is exactly and call up CarMax to see if they'll cover it if it was repaired somewhere else. Give them a price quote from a repair place (or have that repair place call CarMax themselves). If they say yes then you're set, if they dont then either pay for the repairs yourself or risk getting your warranty void. Call them up and see what mods they allow (pretend you're going to install them in a month or so =P)

I wish I could get extended warranty for my Maxima

- Jatan
Old 04-30-2003, 05:50 PM

they are gonna cover the starter ($290) and one broken motor mount(insert) $90. But not the clutch... The clutch is a ACT one with about 2000 miles on it, broken in properly. My mech said pieces of the organic disk were torn off, broken off!!! Can this happen???
Basically shredded to pieces... This ACT clutch was defin. DeFECTIVE!
It's not my fault that this happened( my stock one never did this no matter how hard I drove it!) I'm gonna try to get ACT to pay for the labor to put it in or give me a refund( Dispute it with my Credit CArd) Whadaya think???
Old 04-30-2003, 09:02 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally posted by 98maxsel
they are gonna cover the starter ($290) and one broken motor mount(insert) $90. But not the clutch... The clutch is a ACT one with about 2000 miles on it, broken in properly. My mech said pieces of the organic disk were torn off, broken off!!! Can this happen???
Basically shredded to pieces... This ACT clutch was defin. DeFECTIVE!
It's not my fault that this happened( my stock one never did this no matter how hard I drove it!) I'm gonna try to get ACT to pay for the labor to put it in or give me a refund( Dispute it with my Credit CArd) Whadaya think???
i think thats technically fraud.. so i would not do that, n e way, if the clutch was defective they will cover only the clutch most likely, not the install, the warranty information will clearly state that type of info