4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

red and white taillights

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

red and white taillights

Does anyone know when the red/white taillights are coming out for the 95-96 Maxima? If they have allready come out can someone please tell me where I could find them?
Old 05-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Banned

not have they come out,,, how the hell do we make them???? some one tell us acually this kid has them done on his car "themax95"
Old 05-28-2003, 07:00 PM

well how ?? i would like to know as well...
Old 05-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

custom maxima should have them shortly.. lol...

anyway, they wont come out for awile unless u can find someone sellin um, but good luck...

u and 4000000 other 95 and 96 owners are tryin to find them
Old 05-28-2003, 07:27 PM

I think i read how to on the faq for 4th gen maximas h/o i'll look
Old 05-28-2003, 07:30 PM

I got em Check out my homepage. I bought them from an org member a while ago and I was real lucky to be the first one to reply to his post.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:31 PM

The options here, sadly are rather limited. While the 97-99 models have a part made by www.custommaxima.com, us 95-96 owners are kind of left in the dumps.

Here are your options:

1) Cruise ebay and the Parts for Sale Forum like a vulture and when a set of red/clear tails for the 95-96 pops up, jump on it. (You have to get lucky).
2) Buy a set of completely clear tails (ebay). Then using paint paint the bottom half red and the top half white. (Very hard to do/match the existing paint. Also paint has been known to fade with time.
3) Get in touch with DavidL (davidl7@earthlink.net. He does the tails off and on and he does them to perfection. They will cost approximately $175 (and may take a while to arrive). I emailed him one day out of the blue and he agreed to do them for me. So cross your fingers.

There thats it! If you have a 95-96 this is the only way you can get red/clear tails until Greg on custommaxima.com starts manufacturing them (who knows when). There it is.

thats from gepetto (I think thats spelled right)
Old 05-28-2003, 07:33 PM

What can I do about the amber tails on my 95/96?? quote:

I've explained this alot of times but i thought i'd write a clean explanation on how to "red-out" your tails. This really goes out to all the 95/96 owners who want to at least get rid of the ugly ambers on their tails. This process requires some effort but is worth it in the end. There are 2 ways to red them out... using red tape or painting them. This is how to use the tape. Of course the real red/clears look great but this is a pretty simple $3 cosmetic mod!

Things you need:

-HeatGun or BlowDryer (heatgun works better)
-Soapy water (water mixed w/ dishwasher fluid works)
-Red Translucent Vinyl Tape (can be purchased at a hobby store... one sheet would be enough to cover both ambers; $3 per sheet)
-something flat and hard... a credit card works perfect

Procedures:

1. Wash/Clean both tails so that there isn't any dirt on em

2. Now, apply LOTS of soapy water on the tails... let it run down, it doesn't matter, but they need to be wet as you apply the tape. The reason for the soapy water is to avoid any air bubbles or having the tape annoyingly stick onto the surface where u don't want it to be.
3. Now place the tape on the ambers and position it. With the water under the tape, you will be able to move the tape and adjust it properly.

4. After adjusting it, use the credit card to squeeze out the water underneath. Start from the middle, then move outwards. Keep scraping the top of the tape so that the water underneath will squeeze out from the ends of the tape. Don't worry, the adhesive will still be 100% sticky.

5. Now that you've squeezed out as much as u can on the most flat surface and the tape is stuck to the ambers, you will realize that u have to do the outwards of the ambers where they curve. For this to be done properly, use your heatgun/blowdryer to heat the tape so that it "melts" or become softer and stretchable.

6. As you heat up the curved parts of the tape, stretch the tape out as hard as you can w/o ripping it hopefully to wrap around the curve and not form any air bubbles. CAUTION: Don't burn your fingers!

7. After doing a satisfactory job w/ the tape stuck to the ambers, use an exactoknife or razor to cut the excess tape off. CAUTION: Don't cut yourself in this process.

Voila! No more ambers.

As you read this instructions, you may start to realize this is EXACTLY how tinting windows are done. Basically you are doing a tint job on your ambers. Good luck!

References:

Here's a website that show's you how to red out the tails on an RSX... but it's the same process provided w/ pics. For fun... can you see a reflection of the maxima on the body of the RSX??
- Visual Instructions (RSX)

Pics of the red out done on my superblack '96
- http://npx1.cjb.net

this one goes to mtmzg
Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 PM

email doesnt work for davidl maxima man
Old 05-28-2003, 07:39 PM

you can also swap the trunk and lenses with a 97-99 and then follow the instructions for there clearing of the lenses

any way you look at it its an expensive thing to do for us 95-96 owners
Old 05-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Banned

i know i know!!! heh hey guys lets all go to the junk yard get the 97 rear section "trunk and tails" and just do a swap... not bad idea eh?
Old 05-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Banned

damn i wish i could delete that post...
Old 05-29-2003, 08:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

custommaxima said that they will be comin out over the summer so hopefully only a couple more months
Old 05-29-2003, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by 4deep
custommaxima said that they will be comin out over the summer so hopefully only a couple more months
, you can wait by yourself
Old 05-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

dont hold your breath on custom maxima...

Eric
Old 05-29-2003, 10:10 PM

ummmm.. newsflash.... custommaxima said he would be coming up with 95-96 clear/red tails like 1-2 years ago??? and TO THIS DATE, u still don't see anything from this guy.... what a waste... u mine as well try to find some clear 95-96 tails and beg david lau (davidl7) to paint them for you.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:46 AM

david l does not sell or make them no more, i emailed him plenty of times, guess because he couldnt get his hands on all clear tails to paint

i have some all clear tails if anyones interested , i painted another set i had with candy apple transparent paint then clear coated on top and they came out mint , no fading
Old 05-30-2003, 01:33 PM

got any for us 95-96ers?
Old 05-30-2003, 09:13 PM

the clear lights i have are for 95-96

if your interested let me know
Old 05-30-2003, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by 95seMax
the clear lights i have are for 95-96

if your interested let me know
I might be interested. How much $? And is it difficult to make the bottom part red?
Old 05-30-2003, 09:20 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by 96maximaman
What can I do about the amber tails on my 95/96?? quote:

I've explained this alot of times but i thought i'd write a clean explanation on how to "red-out" your tails. This really goes out to all the 95/96 owners who want to at least get rid of the ugly ambers on their tails. This process requires some effort but is worth it in the end. There are 2 ways to red them out... using red tape or painting them. This is how to use the tape. Of course the real red/clears look great but this is a pretty simple $3 cosmetic mod!

Things you need:

-HeatGun or BlowDryer (heatgun works better)
-Soapy water (water mixed w/ dishwasher fluid works)
-Red Translucent Vinyl Tape (can be purchased at a hobby store... one sheet would be enough to cover both ambers; $3 per sheet)
-something flat and hard... a credit card works perfect

Procedures:

1. Wash/Clean both tails so that there isn't any dirt on em

2. Now, apply LOTS of soapy water on the tails... let it run down, it doesn't matter, but they need to be wet as you apply the tape. The reason for the soapy water is to avoid any air bubbles or having the tape annoyingly stick onto the surface where u don't want it to be.
3. Now place the tape on the ambers and position it. With the water under the tape, you will be able to move the tape and adjust it properly.

4. After adjusting it, use the credit card to squeeze out the water underneath. Start from the middle, then move outwards. Keep scraping the top of the tape so that the water underneath will squeeze out from the ends of the tape. Don't worry, the adhesive will still be 100% sticky.

5. Now that you've squeezed out as much as u can on the most flat surface and the tape is stuck to the ambers, you will realize that u have to do the outwards of the ambers where they curve. For this to be done properly, use your heatgun/blowdryer to heat the tape so that it "melts" or become softer and stretchable.

6. As you heat up the curved parts of the tape, stretch the tape out as hard as you can w/o ripping it hopefully to wrap around the curve and not form any air bubbles. CAUTION: Don't burn your fingers!

7. After doing a satisfactory job w/ the tape stuck to the ambers, use an exactoknife or razor to cut the excess tape off. CAUTION: Don't cut yourself in this process.

Voila! No more ambers.

As you read this instructions, you may start to realize this is EXACTLY how tinting windows are done. Basically you are doing a tint job on your ambers. Good luck!

References:

Here's a website that show's you how to red out the tails on an RSX... but it's the same process provided w/ pics. For fun... can you see a reflection of the maxima on the body of the RSX??
- Visual Instructions (RSX)

Pics of the red out done on my superblack '96
- http://npx1.cjb.net

this one goes to mtmzg
that's not the red/clears you are looking for...
red-out
Old 05-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Handsome

Originally posted by 4deep

They said that a year ago. They needed a pair from an org member for product development and said they would release them soon, but instead they just used that test pair for an add.

If they do come out though I will buy them.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:40 PM

Is custommaxima.com's project max finished? I have been a member here for a little over a yr, and I think they said it would be ready back then...any update, or are they BS'ing that too?
Old 05-30-2003, 10:07 PM

custommaxima was supposed to come out with 2-3 new body kits, a new hood, 95/96 red/clears and project maxima. All these thigns have yet to appear. However in the meantime of "making all these products" (wink wink) they have come out with a carbonfiber hood, hood pins, triple gauge pod, a key, dash kit, and power slot rotors. Now does it look like greg has any priority to follow through with tail lights or body kits?
Old 05-30-2003, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by hacim105
custommaxima was supposed to come out with 2-3 new body kits, a new hood, 95/96 red/clears and project maxima. All these thigns have yet to appear. However in the meantime of "making all these products" (wink wink) they have come out with a carbonfiber hood, hood pins, triple gauge pod, a key, dash kit, and power slot rotors. Now does it look like greg has any priority to follow through with tail lights or body kits?
I would have to say no to you, Hacim. I don't think the tail lights or project maxima are going to come out anytime soon.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by hacim105
Its a damn shame, isnt it.