4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New Here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:16 PM

New Here!

Hey guys,
One of my buddies told me about this site because I just purchased a 96 maxima SE loaded with leather, sunroof, autoclimate, ABS, 5-Speed, Black/Black. I really like it but there were a few things that I needed to ask since I am new. I know the "Search" is down so please don't flame me cause I am sure it was asked before. When the AUTOCLIMATE controls are on, there is that constant sound like when it first start to adjust and doesnt go away. Almost sounds like something is in the way of a little fan or something. Hard to explain, but I hope you know what I am talking about. That is the only thing that I was concerned about so please let me know if anyone can help me with fixing that. Thanks alot....glad I joined here!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:21 PM

does it happen when its on recycle air? because when its on recyle the sound changes and gets louder.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:22 PM

I think it does it on both, recylce and fresh
Old 05-28-2003, 11:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I don't have auto climate but mine alse makes that weird noise. I think is just normal.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:18 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

doesn't sound normal... my autoclimate doesn't make that sound, at least i don't notice it. I'm trying to imagine how it would sound like... but the only way i can describe it is the way u just did; "fan blocked by something"

is it really really noticable?
Old 05-29-2003, 04:25 AM

not really noticable, it is just that "girgling" sound when you adjust the temperature. It is readjusting itself, but that sound never goes away. It's a very low tone sound, but I thought it should go away, not sure if it would be normal or not.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:58 AM

If the car was owned previously by someone with kids, maybe they tossed some junk into one of the vents that's connected to the fan?? (Can ya tell I have kids?)
Old 05-29-2003, 06:06 AM

Re: New Here!

Originally posted by SRJesse
Hey guys,
One of my buddies told me about this site because I just purchased a 96 maxima SE loaded with leather, sunroof, autoclimate, ABS, 5-Speed, Black/Black. I really like it but there were a few things that I needed to ask since I am new. I know the "Search" is down so please don't flame me cause I am sure it was asked before. When the AUTOCLIMATE controls are on, there is that constant sound like when it first start to adjust and doesnt go away. Almost sounds like something is in the way of a little fan or something. Hard to explain, but I hope you know what I am talking about. That is the only thing that I was concerned about so please let me know if anyone can help me with fixing that. Thanks alot....glad I joined here!
Sup nerd, way to be like me haha. Nah, nice car my man but I miss Silvia. I'll see what the guys at work say bout that noise. Anyways good luck with er and u know for any go-fast goodies, I'll help ya put um in. Later bro.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:31 AM

You miss my headache huh (silvia!) Yeah she was fast and all, but other than that nothing like the Max! I am planning on keeping it stock for a while, until I get comfortable/used to it. Then probably exhaust/intake. I'll ttyl, thanks for repsonding all.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

you might have a blower motor going bad