4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Flaming mad!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 11:59 AM

Flaming mad!!!!!!!

So last night I go to pick up my 99 se-l from the dealer which was having an airbag replaced. This morning I went to wash my car and to my horror my rear oassenger side rim had a horrible case of curb rash! not on the outer rim but on on e of the spokes themselves. The shavings were still fresh! I called up the dealer ad they told me that they could not do anything since the car already had left the service dept. I did look over the car before I left. But it never dawned on me to check the rims too! So anyhow, now I have a really ugly rear rim. Nissan wants 285 bucks a piece for one rim. They can go to hell. Could I bring it in and have the rim refinished somewhere? Does anybody know how much something like that would cost? Anybody know where I could get my hands on a single 99 SE-LIMITED (its tinted) rim? I'm ****ed off.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Pizda Boy

i had one laying around somewhere...gotta search in my garage this weekend...i'm not positive if i still have it but i'll let you know..
Old 06-06-2003, 01:00 PM

so they damaged your rim and then told you they wouldnt do anything about it?

if so i wouldnt just take it that easy, id go down to the dealership and demand to speak with whoever is in charge and speak your piece polietly but firmly. if you are like me and 20 or so and dont get any respect because you dont have any green$$ go up with your father, i usually take my dad because he is a real *** when it comes to ****ty customer service.

good luck and dont get bent over so easy, remember you paid good money to have them work on your car

p.s. the real price of that rim to them is nowhere near 385(retail) they quote us
Old 06-06-2003, 01:19 PM

If I were you, I would go back to the dealership and make my point firmly and effectively yet in a mature manner. If they still deny your claim, tell them that you will notify the Better Business Bureau and Nissan's national customer service center. It won't hurt to tell them that your father is an attorney and hint at a small lawsuit. By this point, they should get the point and replace your rim.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:42 PM

dealers always will have some kind of excuse for damages that they are responsible for. even if you did catch it while you were at the dealer, they would have said "Oh, well, it could have been like that when you came in here to drop if off...there is no way to prove that it was NOT damaged when you first came in." BUT, they usually would be "forced" to do SOMETHING about it, and they would usually try to do some sort of touch-up maneuver. good luck.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:55 PM

Since the car left the shop, their argument will be that anything could have happened in the time it left, and the time you called up. I am not calling you a liar, but I just wanted to point that out. Dealerships are not in business to trust strangers. If they trust some people, they would be replacing a ton of **** that they really didn't do. In your case, since you left the dealership, you are out of luck. Sorry to say that, but I don't think any amount of arguing will help.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:46 PM
rmb

Re: Flaming mad!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FormorAccordMan
So last night I go to pick up my 99 se-l from the dealer which was having an airbag replaced. This morning I went to wash my car and to my horror my rear oassenger side rim had a horrible case of curb rash! not on the outer rim but on on e of the spokes themselves. The shavings were still fresh! I called up the dealer ad they told me that they could not do anything since the car already had left the service dept. I did look over the car before I left. But it never dawned on me to check the rims too! So anyhow, now I have a really ugly rear rim. Nissan wants 285 bucks a piece for one rim. They can go to hell. Could I bring it in and have the rim refinished somewhere? Does anybody know how much something like that would cost? Anybody know where I could get my hands on a single 99 SE-LIMITED (its tinted) rim? I'm ****ed off.

Oh.... I bet if you look around their lot at like 2-3AM you'll find a replacement rim. It might be attached to another car.... but that can be fixed....

D!icks.....

-RMB
Old 06-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Dev

there is a kind of warranty that is "understood" and if you come home and notice something is wrong, they should honour their sale and fix whatever is damaged. in the end, it should be them paying for it to be fixed, not you.

now my car was in a hit and run, and the rim was scraped by another car while parked. the rim was sent somewhere to be refinished, and it came back like new. all the brake dust was gone, any scrape or imperfection was fixed and it looked beautiful. also it was balanced and all that crap.

and like rmb said...2-3AM...at that same dealership...i bet you could find a "replacement" on another car for sale