4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Weapon-R Circut Pro Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2001, 07:57 PM

Anyone have these?
Old 01-28-2001, 08:09 PM

link

http://importuniverse.site.yahoo.net/nissan.html
Old 01-28-2001, 10:52 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

hmm.. interesting..

Old 01-29-2001, 08:08 AM

These look pretty impresive!

I e-mailed Weapon-R about exact specs, need to know what kind of spring they're using and the stiffness. All I need is for KYB to release an application of their AGX for the Max. Anyone know what type of KYB Cattman uses for his kit, it may be suitable for Weapon-R for a fraction of the cost of Cattman's kit.

Its worth a try, if I had more money to mod my Max I would've bought a bimmer.... hehehehehe!
Old 01-29-2001, 08:21 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

One advantage I could see over the GC units is that they use tender springs. Those are the little thin springs on there. These keep the main spring properly seated during maximum suspension extension. Always good to have.
Old 01-29-2001, 09:05 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

yeah my boy has a 93-97 altima and he is in the market for coilovers. if he gets these and get them installed i let everyone know how they workout.
Old 01-29-2001, 09:21 AM

yea

I'm in the market for lowering but the GC is way to overpriced. I wanna buy these but dont wanna be the first to find out if the turn out horrible
Old 01-29-2001, 10:45 AM

Well, if you look into the Honda/Acura world, most of them still recommend the Ground Controls even though they're the most expensive. A lot of them also like the Skunk2's. Most of them say the Weapon R is cheap crap, like buying coilovers from K Mart. That's what I've found from my research, I'm trying to drop my girlfriend's Integra. You gotta remember, you get what you pay for. I'm thinking about getting the Arospeed helper springs to go with my ground controls. Don't know if they fit, but if they do, it should stop the clunking I get.

2nd Max, by the time you get coilovers and shocks, you're most of the way there to Cattman's kit. AGX shocks are like $400, add the coilovers and you're at $7-800. Add the camber plates and you're right at Cattman's price. I went with the ground controls because I couldn't swing $1300 at the time for Cattman's, but if I could do it over again, I would probably have saved for the Cattman's.
Old 01-30-2001, 12:25 AM
dot dot dot ...

Very interesting..........but if their coilovers are anything like thier intake for the Max......may not be so interesting.......hmmmmmmmm
Old 01-30-2001, 11:19 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Re: These look pretty impresive!

the GC's suck if you don't get the right spring rating. the default is way too stiff for the maxima, and it'll kill your struts and eventually your car will bounce all over the road..

even with these Weapon R coilovers, i'm a bit skeptical... prolly would work best with konis or the new AGX struts that'll be out in spring (4 way adjustabl.. non insert-type)

but, i dunno. i just got sprints. and they're cool for the track. so. unless i want to slam it further than 2 inches, i'd be cautious of what these coilovers can really go. i dunno. who wants to be the guiena pig?
Old 01-30-2001, 12:08 PM

hmm

hmm, I'd be the pig BUT I wouldnt be able to compare it to anything else because my car is stock height right now We'll see what time brings us.
Old 01-30-2001, 01:45 PM

Re: Re: These look pretty impresive!

What is the default spring rate on the ground controls? And what would a better spring rate be? My GC Tokico setup isn't working out well. I almost killed myself on the highway the other day chasing my friends chipped A4. We were going over a connector and the road kind of undulated. My car just started bouncing and I almost lost control at 95 mph. It just sort of builds up and won't stop, it's like I don't have shocks at all. Then again, it did this with the Intrax too. It's like the Tokicos were blown when I bought them or something. But they were brand new, so I guess that's just how they are. The Tokicos are honestly the worst $300 I've ever spent on my car. Might as well have kept them stock and waited for the AGX.

Originally posted by Chebosto
the GC's suck if you don't get the right spring rating. the default is way too stiff for the maxima, and it'll kill your struts and eventually your car will bounce all over the road..

even with these Weapon R coilovers, i'm a bit skeptical... prolly would work best with konis or the new AGX struts that'll be out in spring (4 way adjustabl.. non insert-type)

but, i dunno. i just got sprints. and they're cool for the track. so. unless i want to slam it further than 2 inches, i'd be cautious of what these coilovers can really go. i dunno. who wants to be the guiena pig?
Old 01-30-2001, 04:17 PM

Re: These look pretty impresive!

Originally posted by 2ndMAX
I e-mailed Weapon-R about exact specs, need to know what kind of spring they're using and the stiffness. All I need is for KYB to release an application of their AGX for the Max. Anyone know what type of KYB Cattman uses for his kit, it may be suitable for Weapon-R for a fraction of the cost of Cattman's kit.
Its worth a try, if I had more money to mod my Max I would've bought a bimmer.... hehehehehe!
Hey 2nd Max, I was thinking: Since the KYB AGX(seen them for about $79) isn't available for the Max yet, Cattman prolly uses the cheaper KYB GR-2s(seen those for $49) for their coilover system. You might be able to get a nice, inexpensive setup if the Weapon-Rs are any good.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:08 PM

Re: Re: These look pretty impresive!

Hey 2nd Max, I was thinking: Since the KYB AGX(seen them for about $79) isn't available for the Max yet, Cattman prolly uses the cheaper KYB GR-2s(seen those for $49) for their coilover system. You might be able to get a nice, inexpensive setup if the Weapon-Rs are any good. [/I]

- Cattman's setup is a modified Mitsubishi Eclipse coilover. Both cars are similar in weight, so he basically rearranged the mounting points and added the camber plates. The newly revised ones will have bearings in a few places and will have a caster adjusment in addition to the camber adjustment. Mr. Catts replied to an e-mail I sent and he hopes to have the prototype out this month and the finished product out next month.
Old 01-31-2001, 06:30 AM

Not a good idea....

I dont think its wise to choose a coil-over sytem with a non-adjustable strut. In my opinion, the only choices are Koni yellows, or this rumored KYB AGX application. Has anyone received confirmation from KYB that they will be offering an adjustable strut???? As it stands our suspension choices are okay. I live in NY and need the ability to change ride heifght on demand. I travel to the south frequently and their roads can easily support a 2" drop and still have a good ride. I wouldn't want to keep my Max dropped 2 or more inches in NY.

Old 02-02-2001, 12:24 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

ideally,
we should get a petition to Skunk2 or TIEN to make some kick-*** springs for us..

pitty we dont have a strong enough strut to hold up!
Old 02-02-2001, 11:09 AM

Has anyone heard more on the KYB's???

or is it still just speculation that they'll be out this summer?
Old 02-02-2001, 03:31 PM

hmm

how bad can the weapon R's really be?? Someone buy me a set