4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clear Hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Banned

Clear Hood

i want to purchase a clear hood for my car, i dont want it to warp over heat, where can i get 1? how much for a good 1?
Old 06-15-2003, 08:25 PM

When i was considering buying a supra I saw that they made clear composite hoods for it.. It seems like a custom buy to tell you the truth. Email the owner @ www.suprastore.com his name is Mark. And dig some info up on it. good luck!
Old 06-15-2003, 09:06 PM
ivelweyz

ULTIMATE RICE MOD!!! ALERT!ALERT!ALERT!

Old 06-15-2003, 09:13 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

been there... done that...
Old 06-15-2003, 09:15 PM

weird...sounds like rice.

why in sams hell would you want people to see your dirty engine anyway??? you going to wash the engine daily so it looks good??? thats going to be GREAT for it.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Nadir, enough with your bull****. I know you photoshopped that. Obviously you can't fake it *****!

Old 06-15-2003, 09:29 PM

Yea thats definetly photochoped. But it gives you an idea of what it would look like. And you would have to have a really nice...and clean engine to do that. And besides I don't think they make one for everyday driving that won't warp. Its meant for shows and show cars.

Peace - Chad
Old 06-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Maxima95Tuner

There is only one guy on this forum that I think could pull it off. He has a black 95 or 96, with a chromed out engine. It looks so good, but I dont remember his name. Maybe ny96max or something like that, but Im not sure if it was him.

Old 06-15-2003, 09:32 PM

get it trimmed... like some parts of the hood composite.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

so what if it's rice or not? what's up with you people and your "oh no! it's rice! watch out!" attitude? seriously guys, grow up! did he ask you for your opinion? then keep your thoughts to yourself. if you think it's rice, don't do it to your car. let him do whatever he wants to his car. at least image was kind enough to answer his question. what if i said fixing anything on a car is rice? so what! you guys disgust me. so please... stop with that rice nonsense unless somebody actually asks for your opinion.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:00 PM

Originally posted by KrZyMaX
so what if it's rice or not? what's up with you people and your "oh no! it's rice! watch out!" attitude? seriously guys, grow up! did he ask you for your opinion? then keep your thoughts to yourself. if you think it's rice, don't do it to your car. let him do whatever he wants to his car. at least image was kind enough to answer his question. what if i said fixing anything on a car is rice? so what! you guys disgust me. so please... stop with that rice nonsense unless somebody actually asks for your opinion.
oh and you rockin a non-painted Stillen kit is not ricey??

Ant
Old 06-15-2003, 10:03 PM

there you have it, and no its definitely not my car
Old 06-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

That might be the dumbest thing I've seen in the past few months. Does the Maxima shown above remind anyone of a anatomy book when they do those transparant skin see-the-muscles-and-organs kind of things? Seriously, the colors are almost perfect.

Dave
Old 06-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Maxima95Tuner

lol Dave, interesting analogy, but you're right it does resemble that.

Old 06-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Maxima95Tuner
There is only one guy on this forum that I think could pull it off. He has a black 95 or 96, with a chromed out engine.
Yeah, NY96Max's **** is tight but you forgot about...**Cough** SADLER **Cough...
Old 06-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Jason's car is aweome, I gotta give him mad props on that, but I still think I like ny96max's engine bay more.

Old 06-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

Originally posted by ny96max

oh and you rockin a non-painted Stillen kit is not ricey??

Ant
Ant,
i don't know if you're just messing around or if you're serious... if you are serious, want to give me the money to pay for it to get painted? seriously man. i'm a 19 year old full time college student. i don't have a lot of money. things i buy for my car have been used by previous .org members before me. the kit isn't even by Stillen. it doesn't have a brand name anywhere. you're a few years older than me. probably working full time by now. so what's a little cash to get my "ricey" kit painted?
Old 06-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Sports Button FTW

this clear hood would not look bad on a chromed out engine bay with supercharger or something. It does sound ricey but if i saw chrome bay like ny96max's, i would stare longer especially seeing him pull towards me on my side not cause its ricey but eye catchy.

that red max posted on page 1 looks :shot:
Old 06-15-2003, 11:46 PM

IMO, unless you have something really amazing to show off, it's a total waste of money. I wouldn't feel too comfortable leaving my car with the engine bay visually exposed like that either, someone could come by and see you have a turbo kit or whatever and crack that thin sheet of plexi, and steal what they want. That mod is basically only for show cars that get trailered, the purpose is so the owner can have their clean engine bay open to the public but at the same time, have it somewhat protected.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:18 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by Maxima95Tuner
Nadir, enough with your bull****. I know you photoshopped that. Obviously you can't fake it *****!
hahahahh
Old 06-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

IMHO, it's cool. What's wrong with displaying the VQ, proud and true? Personally, i would only have it if i was stock. The second i put something aftermarket in there, i'd go back to a stock hood. Not only for the element of surprise, when the competition can't see that turbo under the hood, but for security reasons, so that those nice Hella air horns stay where they're supposed to.

Different? yes. Rice? no.

And to answer your original question, i read something in SCC last summer about Ractive producing clear hoods. I'm pretty sure they'd start with the honda market first, but there's a possibility they've gotten to us at this point.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ant,
i don't know if you're just messing around or if you're serious... if you are serious, want to give me the money to pay for it to get painted? seriously man. i'm a 19 year old full time college student. i don't have a lot of money. things i buy for my car have been used by previous .org members before me. the kit isn't even by Stillen. it doesn't have a brand name anywhere. you're a few years older than me. probably working full time by now. so what's a little cash to get my "ricey" kit painted?
Its a stillen kit.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:59 PM

I've always heard that there are problems with using composites/pleaxiglass for hoods. Factory (steel/aluminum) hoods have crumple zones in the event of a head on collision. Well if you got into a collision with a plexiglass hood/graphite(a poorly designed one). It could, in theory, remain stiff and push through your dash cutting you and your passanger in half. That's according to my dad who has been working with composites for over 30 years. He could have been bs'ing me, but the visual scares the hell outa me.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:16 PM

Thats the crappiest Idea I have ever seen.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Banned

god damn men you took over my bloody POST LIKE A FRIGGIN RED LIGHT DISTRICT *****... all i asked is where i can get 1 jezsh!!!!!!!!!!gfhjfdhkhfjfgj
Old 06-16-2003, 07:51 PM

Ant,
im just saying, having an unpainted kit on your car reminds me of those honda boys with raw fiberglass kits installed and not painted thats all...

BTW: that is a Stillen kit!

Ant
Old 06-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Banned

o ok kool thanks guys.. well some of you, ne way i was thinking of honestly painting a design on the hood so all you see are certain parts of the engine like.. my polished parts, intake manifold, valvecover, timing cover, cold air intake etc....
Old 06-16-2003, 08:49 PM

Here's where you can buy it.
http://www.expage.com/mtmaximabodykits

Here'swho makes it.
http://www.sho-um.com/

In response for all the rice comments....
Old 06-17-2003, 12:41 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by Slickismax
Here's where you can buy it.
http://www.expage.com/mtmaximabodykits

Here'swho makes it.
http://www.sho-um.com/

In response for all the rice comments....
damn, if u had red/clears, you're *** would look pimp
Old 06-17-2003, 02:22 AM

Originally posted by nadir_s

damn, if u had red/clears, you're *** would look pimp
How about this? The red/clears never match, I'm just too picky...Altezza's had to go.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:23 AM
henock

How about this? The red/clears never match, I'm just too picky...Altezza's had to go.

plz tell me thats

Old 06-17-2003, 09:08 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by henock

plz tell me thats
that's not bs, i remember the guy posting about how he did all that work himself.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by henock

plz tell me thats

i ran to the bathroom and barfed a little after seeing that pic.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 95GreekMaxSE

why? all it needs is a lil more work and it'll look real good.

my .02

Eric
Old 06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm so hood

The funny thing is, nobody asked for your opinion on someone giving their opinion when not asked either.

I think some people made valid points about using plexi for a hood, especially the point about what happens when you get into an accident. I'd seriously put some more thought and/or research into this if you were intending it for daily-driver use and not a show car.

for the record, I think potentially the idea could be seen as "cool" and "unique" in the show car world, regardless of how anti-show car I am.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:11 AM

Why? Cause he actually did something besides neons?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:15 AM

This from someone who has neon lights on the center console and dear deck but no clear corners...
Old 06-17-2003, 12:20 PM

This from someone who has neon lights on the center console and dear deck but no clear corners...

sorry.. but that looks pretty fugly to me.. and yes.. i got neons and no clear corners but i dont have oversized skyline altezzas and that all that matters

edit: and im not going to duck behind a brick wall neither...flame on motherfukers
Old 06-17-2003, 12:31 PM

sorry.. but that looks pretty fugly to me.. and yes.. i got neons and no clear corners but i dont have oversized skyline altezzas and that all that matters

edit: and im not going to duck behind a brick wall neither...flame on motherfukers
Wow, I didn't realize that the R34 got there taillights off of the Toyota Altezza....and please please, you don't know what flaming is...you don't even know who Jambo is...
Old 06-17-2003, 12:36 PM

do some of you ever realize that everyone have different taste and styles and whatever they wish to do with their cars is their business. Not to say that you shouldn't be able to have an opinion just don't be rude with it. Not everything that you do with your car everyone likes if that was the case all cars would be sold premodded and there would no mods available to buy. just my .02 cents

Quick Reply: Clear Hood