4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My first mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 07:08 PM

i just got my maxima on monday and i already ordered clear corners from ebay--34.50 + SH. im about to order the JWT popcharger too. if you look in the FS/WTB section, Avalon Racing is selling JWT popchargers for $89 + SH. cheapest price i found so far. these are my first two mods and i'm pretty happy with my choices so far. just my opinion though.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:06 PM
OG

Good choices, although you may not feel a difference in performance with just an intake so don't be discouraged. It's definetly a start. If I were you, my next mod would be either a y-pipe to go with your intake or a RSB to improve your Max's handling.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by _DRU_
i just got my maxima on monday and i already ordered clear corners from ebay--34.50 + SH. im about to order the JWT popcharger too. if you look in the FS/WTB section, Avalon Racing is selling JWT popchargers for $89 + SH. cheapest price i found so far. these are my first two mods and i'm pretty happy with my choices so far. just my opinion though.
what site did you get the JWT for that much. the lowest i could find is 110. thanks.
Old 01-30-2001, 08:59 PM

Good choices. I have the JWT pops charger and I didn't notice a difference until the Y-Pipe was installed along with the catback exhaust.

In my opinion, the clear front bumper lenses are a given. Anyone who has a maxima, but doesn't clear out those sorry a$$ orange things need help.
Old 01-30-2001, 09:31 PM

Good choices. I have the JWT pops charger and I didn't notice a difference until the Y-Pipe was installed along with the catback exhaust.

In my opinion, the clear front bumper lenses are a given. Anyone who has a maxima, but doesn't clear out those sorry a$$ orange things need help.
Old 01-31-2001, 05:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by riggy
Originally posted by _DRU_
what site did you get the JWT for that much. the lowest i could find is 110. thanks.
Look in the Forsale section of this forum. Avalon Racing is the company name.

_DRU_ : I would get some handling mods next, FSTB or RSB. Power is only good if you can control it.
Old 01-31-2001, 07:51 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

Congrats on the max

i definitely agree on the handling mods next, plus they aren't going to cost you an arm and a leg. i would get an exhaust just to add some more look, but get a good exhaust that will produce what you want along with the other mods like a y-pipe and the rest of the engine and exhaust mods. the JWT won't give you a noticeable increase in ponies, but you'll hear it. Consider a CAI instead of the popcharger, if your not afraid of the install. ohh yeah do the turn signal and side marker re-wire, thats free and easy.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:07 AM

Heh, clear corners was my last mod =/

Unfortunately. I ordered em in october and they got here last week. That's quick shipping for ya!...

Well I'd suggest an RSB or Y-pipe for sure. The Y-pipe sound & speed will have you driving a little faster, and so the handling mod would be advisable to do first . I was told afew times to "uh, hey rob you should try to actually stay on the road instead of flying off on this corner" before I got mine. The FSTB should be good too but I don't have any experience with it so I don't know for sure (I ordered that in december, so it should be here for april with the same shipping company .. lol)