4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PLEASE HELP: Rear seat will not fit back on!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

PLEASE HELP: Rear seat will not fit back on!

hi all,

need some help with my maxima. my brother's friend was installing an amp/subs and PULLED the rear seat-backs HARD. (i wasn't there when it happened). at any rate, the seat backs will not sit back on right. i know the did not remove the screws or anything. at the moment, there's about an inch (or two) gap between the rear deck (where the speakers are) and the actual little "hump" (aka supposed headrests) on the seat back.

i can't tell much of a difference sitting on it but i'd still like to put it back on correctly. i can search and find directions to take off the seat, but i haven't found anyone with this problem. i'm afraid my brother's friend broke something.

(on another note, is it better to ask audio questions in this forum or in the audio forum? i have a 1995 GXE, and want to remove the stock deck, run some wires for tweeters and replace those bulbs behind my HVAC control which burnt out).

thanks in advance!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah you should ask the audio questions in the car audio forum...as far as your seat, to take it out you first remove the bottom part of the seat by pullin 2 little plastic hooks that release it, you'll feel them if you run your hand under the edge of the seat, then you just pull the botom out. for the back it think theres 2 bolts at the bottom to take out, its either 2 or 4 bolts and then you just lift the back up a little and pull it out, he may have bent the metel hooks at the top that hold it on, or maybe just couldnt get them back in place since the seat would have to be un bolted for him to put it back on right...i'd say take it all apart and check it out, it really doesnt take long and its not hard at all, i noticed out of most cars i've put systems in, my max is one of the easiest to pull apart and put back together...

hope i did an ok job of explaining it to ya, dont know if it'll make sense to you or not but if it doesnt then just let me know what part you didnt get

good luck
--Dan