4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

control arms

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

control arms

Anyone know where I can find control arms (not too expensive) online? My ball joints are worn out and supposedly with 95's on, it does no good to just replace the ball joint..
Old 07-14-2003, 07:19 PM

you cant get the ball joint separately (What i was told) I just my car back from the shop for a blow ball joint...My car was SOOO bad, with that bad joint, Im glad Its fixed, The dealer is gonna want 380 per control arm I got mine for free tho...(warranty)
Old 07-14-2003, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by 97blackSE
you cant get the ball joint separately (What i was told) I just my car back from the shop for a blow ball joint...My car was SOOO bad, with that bad joint, Im glad Its fixed, The dealer is gonna want 380 per control arm I got mine for free tho...(warranty)

thanks man. that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid, having to take it to a dealer. I'd actually had a ball joint replaced by sears auto (yeah, i know) a while back before doing some cheking on this. I think I wasted a whole lotta cash. Its o.k for now. I'm just trying to take care of a problem before is happens..
Old 07-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any reason you need to replace the whole control arm? You can pull it off, and have a shop pull the old joint out, and press a new one in. Should save you a tone of $$ (especially at those prices!)

If you really want the control arm, go here:
http://www.jerryromenissan.com/en_US/

He has them for $188.27 for SE/GXE or $220.65 for GLE models.

That site absolutely rocks for finding Nissan parts! Good luck!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by sryth
Any reason you need to replace the whole control arm? You can pull it off, and have a shop pull the old joint out, and press a new one in. Should save you a tone of $$ (especially at those prices!)

If you really want the control arm, go here:
http://www.jerryromenissan.com/en_US/

He has them for $188.27 for SE/GXE or $220.65 for GLE models.

That site absolutely rocks for finding Nissan parts! Good luck!
i forget the name of the manual systh. its in my car and I dont want to go out side. talks about changing ball joints for 93, 94's and then for 95's on- replace the control arms pal! thanks fpr jerryrome link though, beats the $300!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by cydrive

i forget the name of the manual sryth. its in my car and I dont want to go out side. talks about changing ball joints for 93, 94's and then for 95's on- replace the control arms pal! thanks fpr jerryrome link though, beats the $300!
Well, if you feel like forkin' over the dough to get new control arms, by all means. Unless the control arms are damaged, I'd just get the joints replaced. I've heard of others on this board getting their ball joints replaced. If you're interested, I'll dig up those articles.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:01 PM

Well, if you feel like forkin' over the dough to get new control arms, by all means. Unless the control arms are damaged, I'd just get the joints replaced. I've heard of others on this board getting their ball joints replaced. If you're interested, I'll dig up those articles.
thanks man..i'm using search right now see wht I can find on the board..by the way, its the haynes manual I was talking about
Old 07-14-2003, 08:03 PM

thanks man, sure I'll take you up on that..i'm using search right now see wht I can find on the board..by the way, its the haynes manual I was talking about