4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Are people retards

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 08:52 AM

Are people retards

So i come out of work, and look down at my driver side back door, and see some red paint, i take a closer look and there is a silver dollar size dent and from some retard who must have opened their door into mine. I dont get how people can be such dumbasses, you see a car next to you, you dont slam open your door into there car, so now, i have no clue how much it is going to cost to repair. And makes my ponder why i pay 900 dollars for insurence a year that refuses to pay for it, sure take my money, but dont do what you exist for, fixing my car when something happens.

sorry for the rant, im ****ed
jeff

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=383353
Old 07-21-2003, 09:02 AM

yes, people are retards. I am not sure if it works, but you can get that As seen on TV product that you pop the dent out. You put the two suction cups things on the edges of the dent, turn the crank and it supposedly pops out the dent. as far as the red paint / scratches.. touch up paint?
Old 07-21-2003, 09:25 AM

Re: Are people retards

Find the best paintless dent removal person in the area. Depending on where it is in the door, they should be able to take the dent out pretty easily. A little rubbing compound will take off the red paint.

I know, people drive me crazy with the parking lot damage. I had a car I was putting in the paper. The day I was going to put it in, I ran into WalMart for some batteries. I went directly to the register, grabbed some batteries, paid and was out of the store within 3-4 minutes. I even parked to the side and little further away with nobody on either side of me. Someone had put a 4 inch long ding in my door within that time. My friend does paintless dent removal, unfortuneately the dent was too big and in a bad spot for him to do. A week and a $250 deductable later, I could finally put it in the paper.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:27 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

that little dent thing does not work at all. especially if it is silver dollar size, cause the smaller it is the hearder it is to fix, cause it is alot stronger. That pulls out huge dents. My friend had on and pulled a dent out of his rear panel. We walked by it and it sucked right back in.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Always sunny in philly

Ppl are retards. We are all gettting dumber and dumber, and soon, the cars will be driving us around.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

this is why i alwasy look for a corner spot in parkinglots. if you park close to the corner people cant hit your door. and since its the corner spo, no one will park next to you. ti is time consuming though.,.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:14 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Are people retards?

Yes.

Mario's Parking Rule #1: Parketh thy auto awayeth from any sign of retarded population.

Mario's Parking Rule #2: Parketh thy auto away from Compact spaces, and avoideth parking accross from trucks, suvs, and cars possibly driven by senior citizens.

Mario's Parking Rule #3: Leaveth 1' of distance betweeneth thy door and edge of parking spot line.

Mario's Parking Rule #4: For the analeth, make note of the car directly to your left and right writing down license plate and car color.

Mario's Parking Rule #5: For the incredibly analeth, in addition to Rule #4, purchaseth network of cameras and mounteth in strategic areas as to capture irresponsible retards causing damage to thy auto.

Mario has spoken!
Old 07-22-2003, 04:49 AM
CaLSoNiC

Re: Are people retards?

Originally posted by max002
Yes.

Mario's Parking Rule #1: Parketh thy auto awayeth from any sign of retarded population.

Mario's Parking Rule #2: Parketh thy auto away from Compact spaces, and avoideth parking accross from trucks, suvs, and cars possibly driven by senior citizens.

Mario's Parking Rule #3: Leaveth 1' of distance betweeneth thy door and edge of parking spot line.

Mario's Parking Rule #4: For the analeth, make note of the car directly to your left and right writing down license plate and car color.

Mario's Parking Rule #5: For the incredibly analeth, in addition to Rule #4, purchaseth network of cameras and mounteth in strategic areas as to capture irresponsible retards causing damage to thy auto.

Mario has spoken!

Yes people are retarded... especially Mario =/ :P

Old 07-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Ludicrous Speed

gimme a break.. it's almost 5am over here.. DAMN THIS INSOMNIA!

On topic: I have so many scratches, dings, and dents on my driver's side. Kinda looks like someone stood there throwing small rocks at it all day and chipping away my bootiful paint
Old 07-22-2003, 05:01 AM
CaLSoNiC

yeah the front end of my car got "stoned" to death by a ****ing dump truck hauling gravel when the god damn gate on the ****er dropped... Only got $500 outta them from court... not enough to fix the paint, so I bought so subs

Old 07-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Also, dont park next to F-bodies or any other 2-door cars. They tend to have long doors that reach way out to dent your sh*t.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:48 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Yes, people are retards, but it's your own fault for parking where people are going to park next to you. I would like to live in a world where people had a.) a brain and b.) respect for others expensive property, but we don't, so you have to park far away/find spots where noone can park next to you/etc. I park about 12 minutes from my office just so I can park in a garage where there's a space that's on the end and divided off by a concrete post. Even then I pull around and tuck in behind this railing to get my car as far over as possible. There's a garage right across the street but it's tiny and I would get dings like a madman if I parked there...nothing you can do about it.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:06 AM

Originally posted by endus
Yes, people are retards, but it's your own fault for parking where people are going to park next to you. I would like to live in a world where people had a.) a brain and b.) respect for others expensive property, but we don't, so you have to park far away/find spots where noone can park next to you/etc. I park about 12 minutes from my office just so I can park in a garage where there's a space that's on the end and divided off by a concrete post. Even then I pull around and tuck in behind this railing to get my car as far over as possible. There's a garage right across the street but it's tiny and I would get dings like a madman if I parked there...nothing you can do about it.
If you park far away, some ***hole will park right up next to you just to be a jerk because they are a jerk. Just be thoughtful and a little wise when parking and deal with the dents if they happen. Also remember to think about the wind on windy days. Make sure you are parked in a direction where the cars next to you will have their door blown closed, not open when the person goes to get in/out of their car. The end spots are good, you can hug the outside edge.