4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How about a New Motor+Tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 10:22 PM

How about a New Motor+Tranny?

If you guys need a new motor with tranny heres one on ebay. Hurry the hell up and bid cuz theres only 8 hrs left. One vavle is cracked, he bought some cams, and there is like 127,000 miles on it.
Click herr

Old 08-23-2003, 11:48 PM
DoGGy

u cal 127k new? lol

Old 08-24-2003, 12:12 AM

a vq will go forever if taken care of properly. I know a lady who had a non vq mid 80's max and did scheduled tuneups etc and had 400k miles when she got rid of her car and she said it was running as good as the day she got it when she got rid of it. It may look a little dirty and abused on the outside, but the internals are what counts. It's got less miles than i do on my 96. i got 145,100 mi. on mine and it has had no trouble whatsoever. whenever (if ever) this max wears out i will definately get another.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:47 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

so you're singing the praise of the VQ by comparing it to a VG?

sorry dude, but i honestly have to say it's not worth it. True, 127k isn't a lot of mileage if you want a daily driver, but as a second engine or for serious modding, it's just not worth it. On top of which, you never know what kind of wear and damage the previous owner(s) have done to it.

Skip it.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:02 AM

Sry. I was drunk when i wrote this. I saw it on ebay and jumped on the .org to help u guys out if you were in need. Sorry!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by fearthegecko
so you're singing the praise of the VQ by comparing it to a VG?

sorry dude, but i honestly have to say it's not worth it. True, 127k isn't a lot of mileage if you want a daily driver, but as a second engine or for serious modding, it's just not worth it. On top of which, you never know what kind of wear and damage the previous owner(s) have done to it.

Skip it.
I wasn't comparing a vq to a vg, i was saying that if a vg can last that long, then a vq which is a vast improvement over the vg will last a long time too. I didn't say to buy that engine cuz i don't know what condition it is in internally, but a (very)dirty engine with a cracked valve cover doesn't mean it doesn't have a few more miles left on it. I agree with you however, that I wouldn't buy it. I'd try to get one with lower miles and one that I was sure was taken care of.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:49 PM
DoGGy

i never said 127k is alot of miles. the post title reads "How about a New Motor+Tranny?". i guess the wording is wrong .btw that engine has worked 103k miles more than m9