4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need some input/ideas for some future modding

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 03:22 PM

Need some input/ideas for some future modding

Hey guys, I've had an auto max for about 4 months and then I resold it and bought a 5spd. I've had my 5spd for a few months now and in those months, I've installed a frankencar intake, budget ypipe, and soon to be a obx muffler in , by myself and with the help of some school friends. I'm starting to think I want to get a little more serious but not to the point of all out boost i.e. turbo or S/C.

I have about 400$ saved up now and by next summer/during the summer I will have about 1000$ if not more. I'm trying to plan out some stuff I want to buy so I can start setting aside money for specific things and whatnot. The problem is I'm having mixed feelings about certain things

To finish my exhaust I would need a new cat and a bpipe but I heard that I would barely gain any hp so I thought that would be a waste of money. I've also heard about a UDP but I'm also unsure about that mod. Other than that I can't think of anything. THe things inbetween small and big would be maybe a 50shot of NX or maybe MEVI/ECU. I dunno I'm just trying to plan stuff out for the future, was hoping maybe I could get some input from you vets out there. I've been thinking about saving up for the NX basic kit and also have money for an ACT clutch or another aftermarket clutch. Thats about all I can think of for now.

I also started to think maybe next summer I won't be into modding my car, so I'm not sure really hah

Just trying to get some input/ideas from you others out there.
Thanks
Scott
Old 09-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Master Will

get the act clutch and the mevi/ecu...
Old 09-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Well, since your already getting the muffler I would just have an exhaust shop make you a 2.5" B-pipe. Should not be more than a $150 at the most. Don't worry about the cat, it won't do anything for ya.

I would then get the ECU and see what you want to do from there.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:20 PM

Ya, I was thinking of using nitrous tho and going that route. If I plan to spray in the future then the ecu would be pointless cause it screws it up...atleast thats what I read
-Scott
I wasn't sure of the mevi gains with a 50-75shot, I heard its pretty good, but MEVI + NX Kit + ACT Clutch = alot of money =(
hehe
Old 09-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by FarbsMaxima
Ya, I was thinking of using nitrous tho and going that route. If I plan to spray in the future then the ecu would be pointless cause it screws it up...atleast thats what I read
-Scott
I wasn't sure of the mevi gains with a 50-75shot, I heard its pretty good, but MEVI + NX Kit + ACT Clutch = alot of money =(
hehe
Yhea, you don't want the NA appliction ECU if your going be running nitrous. I figured you would want to stay away from nitrous because if something goes wrong while you are spraying say good bye to the engine.....and I know this car is you means of transportation, not just an extra car to have fun with.