4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

WarpSpeed Y-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 05:55 AM
ajaffee

Anybody out there have the warpspeed y-pipe installed with the stock exhaust? If so, what do you think of it? Loud? Quiet? How about the quality of the pipe?

Old 02-16-2001, 11:48 AM

I have one on a 4th gen with all stock exhaust otherwise. Carsound cat soon to be installed. As of now, I like it alot. It little sound comes through into the cabin, but everyday driving its barely noticeable. When you floor it, it is louder--not near as loud as the POP charger. Outside the car it sound deeper--really good!(only under WOT). I may wrap my flex section to quiet it down a little, and am going to switch from POP charger to a CAI soon to make the car a more of a sleeper. The pipe's GREAT!
Old 02-16-2001, 11:55 AM
ajaffee

Originally posted by bigtexan7
I have one on a 4th gen with all stock exhaust otherwise. Carsound cat soon to be installed. As of now, I like it alot. It little sound comes through into the cabin, but everyday driving its barely noticeable. When you floor it, it is louder--not near as loud as the POP charger. Outside the car it sound deeper--really good!(only under WOT). I may wrap my flex section to quiet it down a little, and am going to switch from POP charger to a CAI soon to make the car a more of a sleeper. The pipe's GREAT!
Great!!! Thanks for the info. I'm deciding between the cattman and warpspeed y-pipes. Do you have any experience with the cattman? It seems to be a pretty good pipe. The warpspeed is about $100 bucks less though, so if they're of comparable quality I'll get the warpspeed.

Old 02-16-2001, 02:17 PM
OG :)

My friend has>>>

3-4 used Cattmans. They all cracked, one being SS. Oh well though.

I ordered Warpspeed
Old 02-16-2001, 02:24 PM
ajaffee

I think I'm starting to lean toward the warpspeed.

Old 02-16-2001, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by ajaffee
I think I'm starting to lean toward the warpspeed.
what is the price on warpspeed.
Old 02-16-2001, 05:34 PM

For prices

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/nissan.htm
Old 02-17-2001, 02:49 PM

I don't mean to be rude but...

Is it true that when anyone asks about the quality of the Warpspeed Y-pipe, the only folks who [can] answer are two dudes from Warpspeed, who used their cars as installation mules for prototypical Warpspeed units? Now, one of these lucky Warpspeed guys happens to know someone who has 3-4 cracked Cattman units stock-piled on his front porch, next to the refrigerator? This seems far-fetched to me. Oh well though...

How many Cattman and Stillen units, Jet-Hot & SS alike, are in use today? Hundreds? Thousands? I don't know. Let's just say tons. Compared to the Warpspeed unit, Cattman & Stillen units are widely distributed. I've heard rare complaints on Y-pipes in general, most of which seem to relate to noise. (DUH!)

How many Warpspeed units are in use today? Eight? Fifteen?
My point is: I think the jury is still out on the Warpspeed Y-pipe. I wish them well. Good luck, guys. Time will tell...
Old 02-17-2001, 08:31 PM

Hater! :)

Originally posted by bullseye

Is it true that when anyone asks about the quality of the Warpspeed Y-pipe, the only folks who [can] answer are two dudes from Warpspeed, who used their cars as installation mules for prototypical Warpspeed units? Now, one of these lucky Warpspeed guys happens to know someone who has 3-4 cracked Cattman units stock-piled on his front porch, next to the refrigerator? This seems far-fetched to me. Oh well though...

How many Cattman and Stillen units, Jet-Hot & SS alike, are in use today? Hundreds? Thousands? I don't know. Let's just say tons. Compared to the Warpspeed unit, Cattman & Stillen units are widely distributed. I've heard rare complaints on Y-pipes in general, most of which seem to relate to noise. (DUH!)

My point is: I think the jury is still out on the Warpspeed Y-pipe. I wish them well. Good luck, guys. Time will tell...
Old 02-18-2001, 07:50 AM

Re: Hater! :)

Originally posted by Kenneth
Originally posted by bullseye

Ouch. Now that hurts!
Old 02-18-2001, 03:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Hater! :)

I think they may have me sold just by the price, the Y pipe is def. the next mod i need.