4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HELP!!! What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 08:38 PM

HELP!!! What do I do?

Ok, today I was bored so I decided to put blue leds in the security indicator, master cruise control switch, and the dimmer. The security went fine, but the cruise didn't. I realized the factory bulb in the cruise was incandescent, but I tried a low voltage led anyway. Nothing happened when I turned on my headlights. So, I gave it up and put my stock incandescent back in. I left the dimmer switch alone, because I figured it was probably would be similar to the cruise switch. Well, after going back to stock, I turned my headlights on. Nothing. Everything else in the dash lights up except for the cruise and dimmer switches (even though I never messed with the dimmer switch). I turned the dimmer switch and that did nothing. I checked EVERY fuse in the compartment above the pedals after trying the ones that said ILL (illumination). Is there some fuse or fuses behind the dash somewhere that go to the cruise and dimmer switches? If so, where? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Bryan
Old 11-30-2003, 09:05 PM

Please!!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Check your headlight fuse under the hood.

It's clearly labeled.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:03 PM

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. my fault. The problem is the illumination of the cruise and dimmer switch. They won't light up. (You know how they do at night when you have your headlights on)