4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Aftermarket fenders (redline max/custommaxima)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 08:57 AM

Aftermarket fenders (redline max/custommaxima)? *pic inside*

Sorry to be possibly reposting, but I don't have access to the search function, YET.
I recently parked my car in Manhatten in one of those pay lots (20$/day), and those ignorant parking lot attendee's decided to play bumper battle with my driver side fender and door. So now I have a nice little ding/scratch on the side from their vehicle. Since they are "partially" reimbursing me for their accident, I am now looking for either repainting the current fender /door, or getting aftermarket parts for it, ie. redlinemax / custommaxima fenders. I like how the current fenders look, but I don't know if it would be more expensive to pull out all the dents and sand / prime/ paint the fender, or to just get a new fender and paint it. With the aftermarket fenders, I dont want anything too extravagant, like the sarona fenders, and I have mixed feelings about the Z3 fins. However, the redlinemax fender looks ok, but I don't have any pictures of that on a car... Does anyone out here have some pics they can show me?

What do you guys suggest I do? I am also worried about the paint matching after they do up the cars.... heres a pic of the damage, btw:

Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.. TIA

edit** does anyone know of any good paint/body shops in my area, Stamford, CT. And how much do you think that it will cost to repaint the fender/door + the removal of the small dings...? ~500$?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:04 AM

dude, you live in stamford? How come i never see you around? Anyway, my boy Dan had a kit put on his 2K, which i saw this weekend, which, even ignoring all the fitment issues they had with the kit, was some of the nicest quality work i've seen. BTW, he lives in stamford as well, i live in greenwich. Whatever you do, don't take it to Miller Motorcars...they SUCK! It took them 4 tries to undo the haneous and very visible swirl marks in the hood on my dad's audi, which, BTW, still haven't gone away, we just kinda gave up. If you want, i'll talk to my boy, he was saying that most of the time, this shop only works on really high end cars (read Ferraris, Porsches) however, his dad is a friend of the owner, and his car came out really nice, and if i ever needed work done, that he could have it done there...so maybe he'll help a brother out... That sucks about the parking in NYC, we've had a few of those on some of our cars before, that's why i'm nervous to take mine into the city...if we ever take cars in, we slip the guy 10 bucks to park it right out front and to take real good care of it. Since we've been doing that, the car is always right in front, and sometimes we find that the wheels have been cleaned off too...it's funny what a little bit of money gets ya in this world..
Old 12-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Jedi Knight

interesting...dunno...have yet to see the redline fenders on a car...but the z3s are oop: IMO
Old 12-01-2003, 10:40 AM

hey man
Marty's in norwalk across from cablevisionon cross street i believe will do a nice job. My buddy got his car donw there and it is impossible to see where the damage was. This is also the place that speedsport tunig uses to get their body work done since they only do performance. Since thats the best perfromance you might wanna go to who they go to becuase chances are they are the best around. Don't go to springdale auto body they are terrible.
later.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:05 AM

thanks for the responses guys. I guess the first thing I need to do now is get a quote from a dealer on how much it will be to repair the dings, and then for the paint / install itself. The parking place said that if the cost is not reasonable, then they will take it to their "own" bodyshops and they can bring it back to the level it was at before... but i don't want to take it to 'their' bodyshops... who knows.. they could be chop shops, using below par tools/paint/workers, etc. I would rather take it to a reputable place...
There was a reason why i parked it at the lot... it was so stuff like this wouldnt happen to the car when I park it on the streets. Another thing that suprises me, is that he said there would be a 150$ deductable for this stuff... That's BS... It's THEIR fault that my car is dinged up, yet they expect me to pay for SOME of it? Ohhh well, **** happens I guess... no more parking at that place for me.

Defacto: Sure... if you could ask if they can do my passenger door and fender, and see what they say. Im just looking for a quote now so I can ask the parking place for my money.
neptune: Do you have that places number, or could you get a quote from them as well?

And does anyone have the redline fenders, or pics of them installed? THey are Fiberglass too, so that should reduce the weight a little more. =]
Old 12-01-2003, 01:59 PM
aka UNCDooD

pay for none of that ****. its their fault to begin with. get a decent lawyer sue them for the repair bill, frustration and lawyer fees of having to deal with their sorry ignorant asses.