4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

at last the PIC of the Bixenon for max!!! =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 10:39 PM

well..i have one sold thanks Mad-Max...i will send you the headlight and hid kit asap!!! pls post some pics after you installed.

Im waiting just for the other pair.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Still kickin'

haha, now check your email Just outta curiosity, why did you send me 4 pm's?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Still kickin'

now check your PM's
Old 01-12-2004, 09:28 AM

Thanks a lor to sould...and max...your kit will be great on your car. And i will have more headlight next week for those who wants them.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Still kickin'

don't forget to check your email, and pm box!!!! I'm still sorta waiting on a reply from you about a couple things...
Old 01-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Still kickin'

Originally Posted by soulrupture
You heard back from Indigo yet??
Old 01-12-2004, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mad-MAX_SE
You heard back from Indigo yet??
Just the pm conferming the transfer. He stated he will send the info I requested soon
Old 01-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Still kickin'

still no reply to my shipping question, what about you?
Old 01-14-2004, 10:28 AM

Hi there guys, thanks a lot for your replys...right now im living in Mexico as i told you that i move to start my factory(i did!!!!! and im growing fast) So saturday is a easy day to ship this items on Texas cause the board is empty and easy to pass this stuff to avoid fees on customs

So every order i will ship it Saturday. Thanks a loft, you will have it soon.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:56 AM

Cool Lights, man. I really like the way that it looks. I think the black or the crystal would look good. Either way, good job.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:15 AM

I can't wait to see them in person. Guys I will post pics as soon as get them installed.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Still kickin'

same here, i've been thinking alot about them, and i was thinking they would look hot if you do the AE mod to them....who knows, depending on how daring i am, i may do that.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:21 PM

looks pretty good. i like maxedoutofcash's dual projector though. how much we talking here $$$?
Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 PM

does this include the lights? email me.
armym16a2@yahoo.com
Old 01-14-2004, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by greenmax95se
looks pretty good. i like maxedoutofcash's dual projector though. how much we talking here $$$?
Read post #274
Old 01-14-2004, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by WillMax95
does this include the lights? email me.
armym16a2@yahoo.com
Read post #274
Old 01-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Still kickin'

i got mine in yesterday, and installed them. before i start about them, i'm giving indigo a chance to reply to my pm. Expect a full report soon...check the sig for first impressions.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:24 AM

No lights

Well guys I don't have anything to say about the lights b/c I did not recieve mine. The lights that were ment for me got damaged. I was notified and made aware of what happened. He stated due to circumstances that he would not be able to make a replacement set.

He also stated that he was looking for a used set but could not fine one. I was under the impression that this would be all new equipment. He offered to sell me the projectors at reduced price. (the bi-projectors not the housing or the mod)

I thought about doing this mod with the price he gave me, but when I total everything up including new 97 clear housings,(which was the project killer $100 to 200 each) material and no write up or knowlage of how to do this I decieded against it. Plus I can't afford (money wise to mess up)
Indigo refunded all of my money when I told him of my choice took about a day for the refund.

I had spoken to Mad-MAX_SE about his lights and I will leave up to him post his impressions and thoughts.

I was Very dissapointed b/c I was looking forward to these lights. The eye ball look it would have given the car is the sort of look I was going for. I guess things worked out for the best.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 AM

i got mine in yesterday, and installed them. before i start about them, i'm giving indigo a chance to reply to my pm. Expect a full report soon...check the sig for first impressions.

you suck... did he screw you over with something. What "questionable other things"???
Old 01-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
you suck... did he screw you over with something. What "questionable other things"???

details....
Old 01-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Still kickin'

lets just say that these lights look far from new, and i'm basically on the verge of sending them back. the light output is great, but the quality is far from what the pictures represent. Not only that, waiting on him to reply is getting really annoying.

I really don't want to give my review untill everything is taken care of, and i've heard back from Indigo about my concerns and other questions i had for him. I want him to have a chance to make things right.

But i'll warn everyone with this: Until he gives a phone number or some other way to get in touch with him in a more timely manner, than this **** on the internet, buyer beware...plus i want you guys to know that these lights are USED not new. the housings on my stock 95 headlights are in way better condition than these "New Projectors"
Old 01-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Still kickin'

oh forgot to add, i can't give a "full" review until i get some pics. i need to find a digi camera that's better than my phone, cause i don't want those stupid smilies :

I'll be sure to let you guys know how everything went down, and all the pro's and con's.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by indigomax
THE PRICE 450-500 includes Headlamp assembly with proyectors, sealed etc etc, 2 ballast HELLA oem by BMW, wires to make it plug and play, cd vodeo to show you how to install the kit and im trying to sales them with 4300k philips D2S bulbs, for a little more i can give it with 6000k ultiton ophilips bulbs.
For those who wants just the headlamp....i can do it.
What happened to this?!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Still kickin'

not sure exactly what you mean?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:45 PM

...plus i want you guys to know that these lights are USED not new. the housings on my stock 95 headlights are in way better condition than these "New Projectors"

When you say "not new" do you mean the headlight housings or just the projectors. I guess what I'm asking is, are these awesome projectors in 5HITTY housings, or 5HITTY used, (i.e. stolen) projectors in 5HITTY used housings? Maybe he just didn't have any good housings. Hell, I'll send him mine if the actual craftmanship is up to par, but I agree.

I have followed this thread and the thread before he produced them very closly. Looking back through this thread which started on 12/4/03... I remember him showing them completed and someone said on 12/10 that he should quit his day job and mass produce these things. Did he really move from Texas to Mexico, open up a plant, and mass produce these things. He's also quoted as saying, "right now im living in Mexico as i told you that i move to start my factory(i did!!!!! and im growing fast) So saturday is a easy day to ship this items on Texas cause the board is empty and easy to pass this stuff to avoid fees on customs". So now he's running goods illegally over the border and dodging taxes and tarriffs? WTF is going on here? I'm serously worried if someone else has the same problem...
Old 01-21-2004, 02:46 PM

not sure exactly what you mean?
Early December the price was $450-$500 shipped to your door for the entire package including housings, bulbs, ballasts and wiring. Now he's asking $565 + shipping?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Still kickin'

yeah, the part about shipping on saturday is really fishy, but i let it slide.

What i meant about lights is that the projectors are in sh!tty headlights, the projector's themselves are fine except his "instructions" have nothing to do with installing these damn things or wiring them.

as far as price is concerned, he didn't charge me for shipping, but yeah, there was a large increase in price for some reason that he still hasn't answered me about.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:31 PM

that sux bro hopefully you get it all resolved and hopefully he didn't get his money and say thnx for the money *******
Old 01-21-2004, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
Early December the price was $450-$500 shipped to your door for the entire package including housings, bulbs, ballasts and wiring. Now he's asking $565 + shipping?
Very true. I was all prepared to pay him for a set going by the price he said 450-500 shipped. Once I got a PM from him it was 565 plus shipping.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:05 PM

Sorry for all this problem, and with you Mad-MAX_SE we will arrange some to be happy ok?. I have some explain about all of this. Headlights...your are totally right, thats why i will work on it with you. The projectors and ballast are brand new imported from Germany as you saw on any inch of the part. The headlight im planning to use "new" ones, but my f...ing dealer didnt make a good price for it so i buy a used one like me others costumer did.
Im planning to do this. I will buy a new one...then i will send to other costumer, i will change the headlight with him(should be in good condition) then i will send the used one to other costumer, etc etc etc...the price will go down(130 or more).

The video i gave you is the same installation for this kit, the only thing you have to add is the solenoid control engine. I will send you some pics to resolve it, i have on my car installed and i will help you to make the headlight adjustment. You will laugh when you know how easy is.

I have to apologize to everyone, this is something i want to avoid and i want to do the best ok? so let me make some action about my growing factory.

p.s. the pis i emailed you is exactly the same from what you got. I had 3 problems with USPS broken headlight, i have already claim 3 refunds from them, really they are very bad people to ship.

I went to the post office on saturday to ship the headlight and some other items that i sold on ebay...man the person who recived my items, they literaly drop them on the back..i was so mad with her...
Old 01-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Still kickin'

That's good to hear Indigo, and i do totally agree that the ballasts and everything with the HID's are in great "new" condition. I have no problem with them at all, the light output is still awesome. I just don't understand how you could ship out basically your first real set for mass production in such bad shape...it doesn't make sense.

I want you to know i'm serious when i told you i don't like getting upset...look at my sig, c'mon. You're just kinda pushing my limits with this. I threw down a rather large sum of money that i could have spent on a MEVI, or even a JWT ECU (i already had a spare ecu ready). I just expected these to be quality lights; because like i said in the PM, that's your job now. You can't expect to rake in the customers if the product isn't up to the price tag. I know i'm 1 of i guess 3 people with these lights, but i don't know who the other guy on Ebay was that bought your lights. I want to talk to him and see how his set look.

Performance wise they're excellent, but asthetically, they're really rather rough. the one in the pic on page 4 (for me) looks absolutely stunning. Now had i recieved lights that looked like that, i would be all smiles and no complaints. I wish i coud post some pics so you guys would know what i'm talking about, but i can't find my camera, and i don't have a website to upload them to.

You keep saying that the instructions are for this kit too, but they're not. I know this hard for you to understand, because you've said the same thing every time i mention it. the video you included is a 10 minute clip of you telling people how to wire a low beam only HID kit into their stock Head light. How in the hell is that close??? Quote: "the only thing you have to add is the solenoid control engine." well that seems to be a pretty important bit of information whe your trying to wire it with random colored wires that have no markings of any kind as to what they are. Oh, and the parts that you included for wiring aren't even close to the stuff you included on the kit in your video. BTW, why did you send me 3 butt connectors and a used fuse. That's all the "kit" came with besides the lights, ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs. PLUS what part of hard wiring fits into the description "Plug and Play"? Plug and play means just that. PLUG it in and PLAY with it, LOL.

Indigo, again, i don't mean to preach, but get it together. I still support you taking this leap into buisness, and i know there are bound to be problems in the beginning. Also, you really ned to work on your communication skills. I'm not talking about your typing (although it can be confusing), but just in reguards to your response time. To say the least, it sucks. You really need to basically treat each costomer as if they're the only one. I know it can be time consuming, but it does make things run alot smoother in the long run.

Take this as constructive criticism, i'm not mad yet

Final Note - My full review will be done this weekend when i get my lights professionally aimed (it pays to have friends ), the wiring info for the high beam selenoid, and after i see what Indigo decides to do about my complaints/grievences. I'll be taking pictures of everything with my pop's new 8.0 Megapixel Sony Digital Camera . that camera is so badass
Old 01-22-2004, 09:26 AM

you are totally right and i dont have excuse for it, as i did before...i went to used headlight to modify fast and dont make to you wait so long...bad way, i should go to other way. Anyway, im very glad to hear you about connecting with your friend.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Still kickin'

Indigo, don't forget to get back with me about the wiring of the high beam selenoid. I want to have it wired before i go to my friends shop and get them aimed, but I still don't know exactly what wire goes where.

And when you figure out what you want to do about the stuff in the PM, let me know.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:28 AM

Indigo, don't forget to get back with me about the wiring of the high beam selenoid. I want to have it wired before i go to my friends shop and get them aimed, but I still don't know exactly what wire goes where.

And when you figure out what you want to do about the stuff in the PM, let me know.
do not wire the High beam to the solenoid that controls the shield, cause every time you use the high beams the HIDs will turn off.

taken from http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/headlamp-harness.html

My HID bulb restarts when I am using my high beams
The actual "dark" time interval between low/high beam shifts might not be visible when you run halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs react a little slow, so its hard to notice. We are talking of maybe 1/10 of a second. But any HID system will turn off and restart. What you experience on the road is dangerous pitch dark, 3-5 seconds.
This can be solved in a few ways, the first one is the most elegant:

-Connect triggers wires of the relay(s) that feeds ballasts directly to headlight switch, electrically before multifunction stalk. Having wiring diagram availble is recommended. If not, you can simply obtain access to rear of headlight switch, and try out the different terminals using a 12V test lamp.
Adding a large capicitor between + and - on the trigger terminals of ballast relay. The size of the capicitor will naturally vary with size of interval. A starting point could be a 4700uF/minimum 20V. Yes, I know, this is not a small component.

-If you dont live in area with fog and you have been driving around with foglights on because your headlights are poor, you might find that you can use the fogligth switch to trigger your HID low beam. After all, you wouldnt need any "fog" ligths now that you have HID.

-Simply wire up a new switch. The cool thing is that the switch can be physically very small, since it only need to be rated for 0.3 amps.
Connect trigger wire via a 4 second delay to ignition curcuit. The delay will turn HID system on after you have started engine, regardless of night or day. So this would serve as a DRL function as well.

-Connect trigger wire to the park lamp curcuit. This will eliminate all problems related to high beam usage. Park lights are always on regardless of "flash to pass", and low beam/high beam mode.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Still kickin'

George....weird coincidence my name is George too, lol. I am not new at wiring, but i really need to see a picture of the schematic for wiring these damn things. Not only that, but i'm not sure what that is saying. Do i just need to wire a switch with the selenoid wires and use that for a high beams? I guess i need someone to say,"this wire goes with this, and that wire goes with that." LOL. I just don't want to misinterpret what i read and screw something up.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Jedi Knight

Mad-Max_SE

I believe what George is saying is that the trigger for the low beams on our cars shuts off briefly while using high beams...so what you want to do it hook it up to the parking lights thus it will cause them not to go off...as parking lights stay when using headlights...then you could wire your solenoid to the high beams as you would regularly....George (geo1317) am I right?
Old 01-22-2004, 01:26 PM

George....weird coincidence my name is George too, lol.

Originally Posted by nupe500
Mad-Max_SE

I believe what George is saying is that the trigger for the low beams on our cars shuts off briefly while using high beams...so what you want to do it hook it up to the parking lights thus it will cause them not to go off...as parking lights stay when using headlights...then you could wire your solenoid to the high beams as you would regularly....George (geo1317) am I right?

yeah that is one way of doing it. You wont be able to have just the parking lights on, but thats not that big of a deal. I have it set up where i swaped the controls for the fog lights and the low beams and it works great, this way i have individual control of the HID without having to add an extra switch.

And actually the low beams are always off when the high beams are on.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Still kickin'

OK, now that makes sense. I guess i could give that a try, cause the logic about the cornerlights being on no matter what is good idea.

That's what i thought originally, now my question becomes wether or not there's enough power to run the HID's and the Corner Lamps without frying the wires.

I have one last question could i just wire the selenoid straight from the battery to a switch on the dash?
Old 01-22-2004, 01:54 PM

OK, now that makes sense. I guess i could give that a try, cause the logic about the cornerlights being on no matter what is good idea.

That's what i thought originally, now my question becomes wether or not there's enough power to run the HID's and the Corner Lamps without frying the wires.

I have one last question could i just wire the selenoid straight from the battery to a switch on the dash?

run new power and ground wires and use a relay for the Ballast. If you do that then you dont have to worrie about the high beams turing off the ballasts. Just tap the High beam wire to turn the solenoid on and dont forget to ground it.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:05 PM

I'm watching this tread very closely and seeing if everything gets worked out.

Quick Reply: at last the PIC of the Bixenon for max!!! =)