4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Could I pay someone to put LEDs in the window switches?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 11:09 PM

Could I pay someone to put LEDs in the window switches?

Hey -

I love the look of the blue LEDs in the window switches, but I'm not experienced with a soldering iron. I've done basic wiring before, but I'm far from comfortable working with something that I can't easily replace.

So... is there anyone out there who would do the work? I would send you LEDs and the window switches, and you do the work so nothing's broken

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction...
Old 12-13-2003, 12:12 AM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i think you are taking the bad way out with this. there are instructions how to do it everywhere, and the soldering isnt even difficult. Also, car modifications generally are done by you/you and your buddies, or a mechanic you hire and pay. You made no mention of making it worth while to the person who does the work FOR you. where is any of the appeal? If you are really worried, im sure you know someone that can solder, or find a shop that would do it for you in a couple seconds, and charge you a couple of bucks. atleast (come on man!) find an org member near you, so you can meet them and hang out instead of mailing it everywhere.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:17 AM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by SXN
i think you are taking the bad way out with this. there are instructions how to do it everywhere, and the soldering isnt even difficult. Also, car modifications generally are done by you/you and your buddies, or a mechanic you hire and pay. You made no mention of making it worth while to the person who does the work FOR you. where is any of the appeal? If you are really worried, im sure you know someone that can solder, or find a shop that would do it for you in a couple seconds, and charge you a couple of bucks. atleast (come on man!) find an org member near you, so you can meet them and hang out instead of mailing it everywhere.
I agree with the above statements.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:39 AM
ChristheNite

well...

i am really good with a soldering iron and I could use some extra cake before christmas...If you are still interested I call dibs on this project.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:46 AM

Thanks you ChristheNite - I'll PM you.

As for the first two posters, I think it was implied that I'd pay for it! I wouldn't expect someone to do that kind of work for free. I've seen the instructions, and I've seen the messages posted by people who have ruined their window conrols... so it's a toss up. I have soldered together switches and fans, etc. on computers before, but I don't want to attempt this mod. And no, I don't know anyone who can solder any better than I can, and I don't have time to "find an org member and meet." Thanks for your suggestions, though.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:04 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

like i said, find someone on the org, and atleast be nice to them, find out there name, and bring them some food/drink. im sorry you are soooo busy, so why are you worrying about the color of your maxima window switch leds?
Old 12-13-2003, 03:55 PM
You will lose

I'll do it, I live in Reston, can have it done for you next day. I did mine, and a friends' a couple of months ago. No problem. PM me if you want me to do it.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:00 PM
You will lose

Just make sure you go pick up the LEDs first. Radio Shak doesn't keep enough in stock to do your car. You have to go to more than one and get the lights. Remember you need 9 for front and back.