4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Can I sell my 99 SE Limited for...........

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 06:30 AM

Can I sell my 99 SE Limited for...........

Hey all,

As of now I might have to be forced to sell my 99 SE Limited.

Our 1996 Exploder just died on us and I have a boat that I need to pull, so I am here to ask some opinions.

I was checking the NADA book on a 99 SE w/ all options and 5-spd and the books shows a trade in value for 10300.00.

I own a
99 SE Limited
5-spd w/ 74K miles. Everything except leather interior and Bose system(I think).

..................But since the NADA is showing a TRADE IN value of $10300.00 you think I can sell it for $9000.00 or so?
I am a little under a "Grand" from the trade in value. So what you guys think?
Oh yea my MAX is clean.
Thanks 4 the opinions.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:47 AM

i don't know about texas but here in ny u probably could pull off 8.5 - 9k depending on how clean it is
Old 01-05-2004, 06:59 AM

This sounds stupid.. but I'd trade you my 99 SE-L same color but with an auto, leather and Bose system with only 62k miles on it... Do you have auto climate control? I want/NEED a stick and I want to put in a 7" LCD screen flush so I'm going to replace the audio system anyway, and replacing the Bose system tends to be a pain in the ****...

My car has less miles, more options, and an auto which make the car altogether more valuable. Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2004, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
This sounds stupid.. but I'd trade you my 99 SE-L same color but with an auto, leather and Bose system with only 62k miles on it... Do you have auto climate control? I want/NEED a stick and I want to put in a 7" LCD screen flush so I'm going to replace the audio system anyway, and replacing the Bose system tends to be a pain in the ****...

My car has less miles, more options, and an auto which make the car altogether more valuable. Thoughts?

Sounds very kind of you and if it was my wife decision then she would say yes. But the main purpose why I need to sell my MAX is b/c I am now in search of a tow rig for my boat.

=====I have no auto climate control=====

.........But I tell you what. If your max is worth more to sell then just sell your MAX and buy mine.

I
Old 01-05-2004, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shift
Sounds very kind of you and if it was my wife decision then she would say yes. But the main purpose why I need to sell my MAX is b/c I am now in search of a tow rig for my boat.

=====I have no auto climate control=====

.........But I tell you what. If your max is worth more to sell then just sell your MAX and buy mine.

I

Um.. ok... but if I turn around and walk away, you're selling a 99 SE-L. If we trade, YOU'RE SELLING A 99 SE-L (mine). Um, if you're GONNA have to sell a 99 SE-L, might as well get the most money for your car and, sorry to say, my car is worth more than your car. Leather, Bose, automatic, auto-climate control, and 62k...
Old 01-05-2004, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
sorry to say, my car is worth more than your car. Leather, Bose, automatic, auto-climate control, and 62k...
That's good for you. Then why do the straight trade and get mine,, really?
Why? B/c it is a 5-spd and pep's want a 5-spd. I had a 98 max auto and it's pha-Slowww and took 4-ever to sell. I am sure my 5-spd will not take long to sell. And being below trade in value.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shift
That's good for you. Then why do the straight trade and get mine,, really?
Why? B/c it is a 5-spd and pep's want a 5-spd. I had a 98 max auto and it's pha-Slowww and took 4-ever to sell. I am sure my 5-spd will not take long to sell. And being below trade in value.

Your loss...
Old 02-03-2004, 01:07 PM

Shift, I would say that you should be able to at least get trade in value from a private party seller. You might have to wait a while and find the right buyer, but private party is usually more than the trade in value.

I used to sell cars, and the private party is supposed to be somewhere in between the trade in value and the full retail. Nobody is going to pay full retail, and you should not have to sell it for trade in value. Don't sell out too early! Just find the right buyer.

Go to www.edmunds.com and put in everything under used cars that yours has like you are buying it. Look at the Private party value, and it should be very close to what you ought to be able to get. it is usually about the average of all the books and right on in value.
Hope this helps...