4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

StreetGlow Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 02:46 PM

StreetGlow Questions

Well I just looked up the StreetGlow web-site because I bought Need for Speed Underground and was curious about their products. I saw a number of different products I thought were kinda neat. Like white neon underbody kits and strobe lights, etc...

Does anyone have a StreetGlow White Underbody Kit on a 4th Gen Pebble Biege Maxima?
Does anyone have or know about their neon headlights?
Does anyone have StreetGlow's head light bulbs on their Maxima? $80
for the pair.
What about the strobe lights? Are they underbody or just for the headlights? Anyone have underbody strobes?
How about installation on any of these products?

I really like the white neon with pebble biege body color I feel it would be a nice clean touch to any car. I am not lowered though would that have any bearing on how it would look? Oh yeah is it worth it???

PLEASE KEEP ANY FLAMING TO A MINIMUN...thanks guys.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:58 PM

hey,
I have streetglow 9004's on my car. They are very nice, and rediculously durable. I had a set on my old acura Vigor, and Someone hit me while i was driving the car. Make a long story short, The passenger side headlight lense shattered right off, leaving the reflector and the bulb itself open to the elements. This was at the beginning of last winter. It was COLD, It was WET, and it SNOWED a LOT!
Well that bulb lasted for well over a month exposed to the elements 24/7 until it finally blew in the midst of a blizzard. The set thats in my max is the 2nd I've had, and I'm happy, although i would really like, (and now finally own a set of, HIDS)
They put out a very bright and nice white light with a small hue of blue, and light the road MUCH better than oem...Until the Road gets wet and then they just glare.
I paid 25 bucks for the pair of bulbs on ebay...DONT PAY 80, PLEASE.

As for the underbody neons, I've heard that there is really no place at all to hide them on a max, and the tubes are easily visible. TO me, this ruins the effect of underglows and makes them look as tacky as shiit. Underglows in general would probably be the last thing i would do to my car personally. I like the look, but that would just be something i would do when ALL else is done... Just my .02, I hope this was helpful..!
Kyle
Old 01-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i think if you really like the underglow kits and can hide the tubes good then go for it, but i wouldnt buy street glow, i've seen many street glow kits blow their little power box thing under the hood, but from what i understand they do replace it and have a decent warranty. I'd check out http://www.varad.com/ They have led neon kits that would probably last longer and do more things such as pulse to music, strobe, and other various light patterns, some of them even change colors....if your gonna do it you might as well get somthin not to many people have ya know...just my .02
Old 01-06-2004, 05:56 PM
SXN

if its not bad enough that you wanted under neon, you wanted it after playing a video game.

Stay away from the LED strip lights for under your car (they claim they are brighter, but they create spotting light, and arent that bright really) I think neon should stay in your car, depending where you live you will get majorly hassled for neon under your car. Especially with bright being such a bright color, but white would look best with pebble beige.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:34 AM

Didn't flmae that bad thanks...anyone have any info on their strobe lighs....anyone have any pics of any StreetGlow products (perferably in WHITE)...

Thanks
Old 01-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by SleepyMaxxx68
Didn't flmae that bad thanks...anyone have any info on their strobe lighs....anyone have any pics of any StreetGlow products (perferably in WHITE)...

Thanks
I have SG strobes in my headlites and taillites with the strobe controller that lets you speed them up or slow them down. You can also use them other places...I've seen some put them in their A/C vents, etc. As far as the underbody LED kits, if I'm not mistaken the Street Glow kits do more than the Varad, i.e. strobe, chase, can't remember all but they do about 6 or 8 different patterns. I've had the headlite neons before...they're OK. Street Glow has a lifetime warranty on their products. Yes, the side tubes show.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Master Will

I have the white gold series underbody on my Maxima ...this color looks good on any car...I love my kit very bright at night it rocks.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:25 PM
SXN

here are two good strobe links

how to make your head lights strobe
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark.../headlight.htm

how to install basic strobes
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/strobes.html
Old 01-08-2004, 08:01 AM

If you looking for any type of lighting I would go with Plasmaglow, they are also in the Need for speed game. Plasmaglow makes an undercar LED kit thats really nice and will not break like the neon. I have an account with Plasaglow so if you want I can get you a deal. I have also met with the guys from lightglow and streetglow and saw all their products. Plasmaglow had better LED products, but if you looking for the best of the best go with tireflys.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:25 PM
SXN

for in car neon, use OPTX, its made by street glow, but is cheaper/more available. for undercar, street glow is nice, but generally expensive