4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

People with Tan interior and Redlinegoods e-Brake boot

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:46 PM

People with Tan interior and Redlinegoods e-Brake boot

Could someone with tan interior, leather or not, post a picture of an installed e-brake boot from Redlinegoods.com? I just want to see how it will look since they can't match the stock color. Black or their brown, it doesn't matter. Just want to see it. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:09 PM

click my cardomain

Its the goofed up tan one that happened last group deal, turns out they made tan rather than our brown/grayish color. Im going to be ordering their brown since they said its the closest match they can get at this time
Old 02-19-2004, 04:37 AM

Thanks.... um, ewww dokie brown... do you think they'd send a sample of their colors? Like just a square or something?
Nice car btw

oh, your fuel filter, was it hard to replace? was it expensive?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

*EDIT*link broken

Here is how off the "tan" is....also, the color chart is a POS and it's not even close. Well, black is right...

EDIT: I didn't even bother installing it. =)
Old 02-19-2004, 09:20 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't have either. What are you going to do with it? Not that I want it, but I mean they cost like $25.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:41 AM

I ordered the black shift boots and center console with red stitching. It should be here by early next week and I can post pics.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by thisasian
Yeah, I wouldn't have either. What are you going to do with it? Not that I want it, but I mean they cost like $25.
I tried to sell it a while ago when I first got it...no takers. The thing is brand new, but I dunno who wants that color.

So I guess I'll try to sell it again sometime =)
Old 02-19-2004, 07:12 PM
is craving Bojangles

i just bought shift boot, ebrake boot, and armrest all in black leather with tan stiching. it should be arriving sometime early next week, ill take pics a little after receiving them.

quick semi-off topic ?- whats the best way to hold up your boots to the actual ebrake and shift ****, cause i dont want them just hanging down.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by max prodigy
i just bought shift boot, ebrake boot, and armrest all in black leather with tan stiching. it should be arriving sometime early next week, ill take pics a little after receiving them.

quick semi-off topic ?- whats the best way to hold up your boots to the actual ebrake and shift ****, cause i dont want them just hanging down.
The stock shift boot is held up by a plastic tube thing that you slip on the stock boot but since the new leather boot is so thick, you cant fit it on so what you do is flip the boot inside out, put it on upside down(small part first) then get some electric tape and tape it to the shifter how high you want it to sit and then flip the boot back inside out and screw on the ****. Now it will never hang down.

The ebrake boot is a perfect fit and will slip right on the handle and stay.

you must cut out the wire square ring things that are sewn on the bottoms of the stock boots so you can stick them on the new ones so they can clip onto the car
Old 02-19-2004, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by thisasian
Thanks.... um, ewww dokie brown... do you think they'd send a sample of their colors? Like just a square or something?
Nice car btw

oh, your fuel filter, was it hard to replace? was it expensive?
the fuel filter is a OEM 300zx twin turbo fuel filter. Forgot the price It was given to me by someone, wasnt that expensive I dont think. Its just as hard to replace as the stock one-

take out fuel pump fuse and crank car to de-pressurize fuel lines, remove intake for more room, unclamp the fuel line hose clamps, pull fuel lines off and replace. Its just ahrd because theres not much room to work and also the fuel lines are hard to get off and on(no room)
Old 02-19-2004, 11:45 PM

ok guys I ordered the brown ebrake boot, I know it wont be a perfect match but if anything, will match better than their tan and beige ones.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:39 AM

nice car nismo, yeah that boot looks like crap.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:01 AM
is craving Bojangles

Originally Posted by Nismo
The stock shift boot is held up by a plastic tube thing that you slip on the stock boot but since the new leather boot is so thick, you cant fit it on so what you do is flip the boot inside out, put it on upside down(small part first) then get some electric tape and tape it to the shifter how high you want it to sit and then flip the boot back inside out and screw on the ****. Now it will never hang down.

The ebrake boot is a perfect fit and will slip right on the handle and stay.

you must cut out the wire square ring things that are sewn on the bottoms of the stock boots so you can stick them on the new ones so they can clip onto the car

thanks for the help, oh and i think your shift **** looks awesome. would you mind telling me where you got it?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

did you guys finally get your brown or tan boots? i would love to see some pics of them installed. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:06 PM

oh forgot about this thread anyways I ordered the "brown" boot and it ended up being the same damn color as my first one oh well im tired of this so Ill just leave it as is. got other things to spend money on.

max prodigy - my shift **** is made by Sola Luna and is supposed to be for mazdas but mazda ***** fit nissan and I think the site was http://www.rspeed.net/miata/Subcat.asp?dept=8&cat=19

voodoo also makes one but the bottom collar is little different. http://www.knobmeister.com/KnobsMetal.htm
Old 04-01-2004, 04:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Guys,

I've only found out about this thread now, but since it's about our products, I'd like to be able to say something in our defense:

1. Our color chart, contrary to what somebody here said, is dead on. We take the actual leather and photograph it in direct sunlight, never indoors and never with artificial light. That's about as close as you can EVER get to matching colors without actually having a sample piece of the material in your hand.

2. Anybody who wants a sample, or samples, of our leather, can get them. That service is $5 to cover our shipping costs and you get about 2" by 2" piece to work with - more than enough to make an educated decision.

3. Ever since we found out how goofy the tan interiors are, we tried to locate leather that will match it. DanNY personally went to a few wholesalers' in his area (NY has a LOT of leather related industry, so not a bad place to look in) and NOTHING was good enough. There were closer matches than our brown and tan (which are NOT close and we're the first to admit that), but none were perfect so we gave up trying - it's just not worth it.

4. EVERYBODY from the first GD who got the funky brown boot was contacted in an attempt to offer reconciliation. We offered a full refund for the ebrake boot OR a replacement for a black boot + a FREE armrest cover. That's MORE than almost ANYBODY will do to make things right for you out here in the Internet. EVERYBODY who emailed us back had his issue solved according to what option they chose and I haven't heard any complaints since.

If you have the brown boot from the 1st GD and you never got that email, please contact me at info@redlinegoods.com ASAP to get a black boot/armrest combo OR a refund.

5. Since NEVER, after the first GD, we have advised ANYONE to buy either brown or tan boots for the tan Maxima's, we do NOT feel responsible for people who either disregarded our advice or placed an order without consulting us before. In some cases I have even ASKED if they're sure that's what they want and told them the negatives. If somebody wants to take a chance... well, my business card does NOT say "Salvation Army" and the money Redline brings in IS a factor, so I AM NOT going to refuse your business - but consider yourself warned.

If you chose brown or tan because it seemed to you from the color chart that it will match your tan interior, you either have a faulty monitor/LCD which shows colors ALL wrong OR you're 100% color blind.

All of this being said, if ANYBODY out here has ANY complaints in regards to our products and/or service, PLEASE email us. We DO have ways to resolve those complaints IF they are substantiated. We have NEVER let a customer down and I'm not going to start with anybody who drives the same car my best friend has (and is crazy about like most of you)!

Nismo, I'm not sure what you mean... Did you order a tan boot before and a brown one now and they are the same color? Please email me to resolve this at info@redlinegoods.com - you do have other things to spend money on and maybe the situation is our mistake and you do deserve to have some of your money returned to you.

Take care all,
Maciek from RedlineGoods.com
Old 04-01-2004, 05:35 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Maciek-

Thank you for a PROFESSIONAL response to criticism. If all of the retailers that the org deals with were this professional, we might not have some of the retail conflicts that we have.

As to any specific complaint listed here, I have no knowlege, btu I will say that all communication in the GD forum has been top-notch.

I think that most tan interior owners would be wise to do black with whatever color stitching floats their boat.

Thank you for bringing a quality product to maxima owners.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:10 AM

Agreed, I'm in the GD for black.

BTW, I didn't start this thread to complain, or have people complain. I just wanted to see the color contrast so I could make an informed decision.

Props to Redlinegoods for offering the GD, and for making quality products.

Thanks,
-Walt-
Old 04-01-2004, 11:12 AM

I would also like to add that Maciek's customer service is top notch. I recently purchased a armrest cover that had a slight blemish on it and Maciek replaced it for me without question. Oh, I can post pics of my black/silver shift/brake boots and armrest cover if anyone wants.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:37 AM

yeah, i'd like to see that... i ordered black w/tan
Old 04-01-2004, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com

Nismo, I'm not sure what you mean... Did you order a tan boot before and a brown one now and they are the same color? Please email me to resolve this at info@redlinegoods.com - you do have other things to spend money on and maybe the situation is our mistake and you do deserve to have some of your money returned to you.

Take care all,
Maciek from RedlineGoods.com

What I did in the 1st GD was order tan and wasnt what I expected, returned and replaced it and got the funky "brown" (back then it didnt have a designated name) and decided to keep it rather than take the offer of the black replacement, few months later decided to try the brown boot since it looked different which back then didnt have "real" picture sample as you now have real photos of the color, it only had a computerized color chart which looked darker color and closer match to the interior, It arrived and ended up being the same color as the first "brown" boot.

I appreciate your professional approach to this and Im not trying to blame anyone on this, it was my own decision to go out and try the different colors. I was just answering questions others have asked about what did your brown boots looked like. If you ever do find a match to the beige interiors then let me know and Ill be the first to buy one.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:52 PM

Here are the pics I promised.

Old 04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
is craving Bojangles

i ordered recieved and installed black leather and tan stitching. i love them, it adds a nice touch. i just finished taking pics so once ill get my disposable developed and then scanned in a few days so everyone can see them. yeah our family skimps when it comes to photography.