4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ibusted!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:18 AM

ibusted!

gahhhhh, got pulled over comin back to school up here at albany on the thruway doing 84 in a 65. i got to go to court i pleaded not guilty, what u guys think the chances are i can get out of it or get no points on my liscence. im payin for school and sh33t so im real short on cash, but as long as i get no points on the licensce cuz i cant afford it. any ideas fellas?
Old 02-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I think you are lucky the officer knocked it down to 84mph to keep the diference below 20mph. 20 above is manditory appearance in court. Good Luck and hope he does not show or they are too busy to get to you.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:10 PM

my friend got caught doing the same crap going to Upstate. He got a $235 or was it $335 Fine and points.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl99GXE
I think you are lucky the officer knocked it down to 84mph to keep the diference below 20mph. 20 above is manditory appearance in court. Good Luck and hope he does not show or they are too busy to get to you.
yeah seriously...maybe you shouldnt be excessively speeding. im not saying i dont do it but you were CLEARLY WAYY over the limit and now youre going to say you werent. i dont get you people. if you cant afford a ticket, slow the hell down
Old 02-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Humble '06 TL Owner

Well, here in CA if you plead not guilty and you are convicted, you can't go to traffic school. Going to school simply means that you admit guilt but you want that conviction to be masked from the insurance companies. Many people mistakenly believe that school prevents convictions from going on their record...not true, every conviction goes on your record, school just masks the ones you go to school for.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Pizda Boy

slow down & you won't have to worry about paying the fines!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Hooooooonda.....

You get what you deserve. Enough of these threads already. Who care about all these delinquents getting tickets for being stupid. Obey the law or get off the streets.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMax
Well, here in CA if you plead not guilty and you are convicted, you can't go to traffic school. Going to school simply means that you admit guilt but you want that conviction to be masked from the insurance companies. Many people mistakenly believe that school prevents convictions from going on their record...not true, every conviction goes on your record, school just masks the ones you go to school for.
some judges will let you go to traffic school even if you say your not guilty and the ruling goes against you. In west covina, socal I've seen this happen.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:38 PM

why are all of you busting his ***** about this? I mean, common...you have never let the max cruise up to the 80's? I know that you have.

Truthfully, unless the officer doesn't show up to court, I think it is useless. That is just a guess. You might get lucky, but you ought to just pay it and learn to slow down. I have had the same stuff happen. You know what, when you pay a few of the buggars, you slow down. It is a funny thing.

There is always the chance of you getting off of the ticket. My friend got lucky and he fought it in court. Well, the day for the court, the officer showed up, but someone had lost the original ticket and it would not hold up in court. He got lucky, like I said.

I know that not all of my tickets have hit my insurance or record. I can't find a rhyme or reason to it though.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by 97MaxeDouT
gahhhhh, got pulled over comin back to school up here at albany on the thruway doing 84 in a 65. i got to go to court i pleaded not guilty, what u guys think the chances are i can get out of it or get no points on my liscence. im payin for school and sh33t so im real short on cash, but as long as i get no points on the licensce cuz i cant afford it. any ideas fellas?

Always do a pleaded not Guilty, you have very good chance that they drop it to a failed to Yield or Seat belt ticket and you just have to pay that... no points..
Old 02-24-2004, 01:50 PM

thanks to those of u that were mature enough to answer me instead of flaming (bru, pearl etc..), yea im gonna go to court maybe i can pull some strings and convince the judge to drop it...
Old 02-24-2004, 01:53 PM

you'll most likely have to pay the fine and they'll take off 2 points.
I think if you speed on a 65mph zone, the points double.
good luck.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

well if the cop doesnt show than you got off... there are a bunch of questions you can ask him to see if he knows his shyt if he does show...
really gonna have to wait for the guys who have had to deal with this to reply
my radar detector has saved me countless times i've never been pulled over and havent had to worry about this at all as of yet
Old 02-24-2004, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mendon11
yeah seriously...maybe you shouldnt be excessively speeding. im not saying i dont do it but you were CLEARLY WAYY over the limit and now youre going to say you werent. i dont get you people. if you cant afford a ticket, slow the hell down
EXCESSIVELY SPEEDING?! 84 is probably too fast to not expect a ticket but in terms of excessive speeding, thats crawling. Nobody can afford to be shelling out the outrageous money it costs to pay a speeding ticket but what can you do? IMO slowing down is not an option, the only reasonable option is to make your car so fast that youll never get pulled over. Thats right baby...jet power!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:47 PM

every1 does it once in a while, you just have to be real careful...
Old 02-24-2004, 02:50 PM

in cali going 20 over the limit is 2 points and is on your record for 7 years. im in my 4th year right now...and a max fine of 1400.

anyway i say fight it...ive fought all my tickets and lost every single one!...oh well...
Old 02-24-2004, 02:53 PM

oooooeeeee............don't let them catch you with a radar detector in there! I don't think it is against the law here, but you will definitely not get out of a ticket if you have one up in the car.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 5spdFastMax
EXCESSIVELY SPEEDING?! 84 is probably too fast to not expect a ticket but in terms of excessive speeding, thats crawling. Nobody can afford to be shelling out the outrageous money it costs to pay a speeding ticket but what can you do? IMO slowing down is not an option, the only reasonable option is to make your car so fast that youll never get pulled over. Thats right baby...jet power!
yea just slap a turbo on there and some , and u don't have to worry about getting pulled over , once the turns on his sirens, ur already gone.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Always sunny in philly

Everyone gets a ticket every once in a while. In Philly, if you go to traffic court and plea bargain, they will give you the fine, but waive the points...just as long as they get your cash =o)

I just got caught going 74 in a 55. On I95, it doesnt seem fast at all, especially when cars are STILL PASSING YOU BY!

You'll be fine man. Dont even sweat it. I read that the average american gets about 5 tickets (parking, stop sign, etc) per year. Dont worry about other ppl on this thread that flame like they never got a focking ticket before. Welcome to the org.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

And it's official, the 4th gen forum has been taken over by morons.

Ugh.