4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Air Bag Light - tried reset - Trouble Codes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:31 AM

Air Bag Light - tried reset - Trouble Codes?

Is it possible to pull trouble codes for the SRS system? I checked FAQs and Technical Service Bulletins - The TSB flow chart says if the battery/charging system is OK then check Trouble Codes. My Chilton manual does not tell how to pull trouble codes. I've already reset the system using the driver door switch - lasts a couple of days then comes back on. Don't want to spend lots of $$ at dealership while they troubleshoot. Thanks
Old 02-26-2004, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mandmmax
Is it possible to pull trouble codes for the SRS system? I checked FAQs and Technical Service Bulletins - The TSB flow chart says if the battery/charging system is OK then check Trouble Codes. My Chilton manual does not tell how to pull trouble codes. I've already reset the system using the driver door switch - lasts a couple of days then comes back on. Don't want to spend lots of $$ at dealership while they troubleshoot. Thanks
I had the dealership reset my blinking light, i dont know if it's any different than you doing it yourself. They did it while i waited for free (took 5 mins tops). If anything it might be worth them resetting it and maybe the'll tell you the code that triggered it, so at least if it comes back on you'll have something to work with.