4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need a few quick questions answered

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 02:26 PM

Need a few quick questions answered

I know this should be in the car audio section, but i need quick answers, and becuase its a specific question for a 4th gen max, i figured i'd just put it here....so don't shoot me

anyway, i was just wondering about a few things about my HU. I am not sure if i have bose or not - it doesn't say BOSE anywhere on the HU at all, but when i've looked at pictures, the deck looks like the bose one, it has the CD on the top, a big display, and tape deck in the middle, the bass and treble to the right, and it has 6 buttons across the bottom. the volume **** on the left. does anyone know if thats the bose setup or not? also, theres a button on my HU that says CD CHG - wtf does that mean? at first i thought it was cd change...but...why would there be a cd change button, and no cd changer? is there one that is just hidden somehwere?
Old 02-29-2004, 03:29 PM

does anyone know??????????
Old 02-29-2004, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by MadaF
I know this should be in the car audio section, but i need quick answers, and becuase its a specific question for a 4th gen max, i figured i'd just put it here....so don't shoot me

anyway, i was just wondering about a few things about my HU. I am not sure if i have bose or not - it doesn't say BOSE anywhere on the HU at all, but when i've looked at pictures, the deck looks like the bose one, it has the CD on the top, a big display, and tape deck in the middle, the bass and treble to the right, and it has 6 buttons across the bottom. the volume **** on the left. does anyone know if thats the bose setup or not? also, theres a button on my HU that says CD CHG - wtf does that mean? at first i thought it was cd change...but...why would there be a cd change button, and no cd changer? is there one that is just hidden somehwere?
That is the Bose HU. Only bose have a CD player stock. On the CD CHG button, I think there was an option to have a cd changer added, so they put the button there even though a lot of people will never use it. That's just a guess based on what I've seen on some types of cars.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yup. Bose HU, and the CD changer button is for the AUX input...which is used for the CD changer.
The reason it's there is incase you have, or want, a CD changer.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Business810
That is the Bose HU. Only bose have a CD player stock. On the CD CHG button, I think there was an option to have a cd changer added, so they put the button there even though a lot of people will never use it. That's just a guess based on what I've seen on some types of cars.
wrong.. i have a non bose factory 100 watt system, and it has all the features described in the original post.. cd player, tape deck, and CD CHG button also.. here a pic

i think if it doesnt say bose on it (maybe not on the HU, but on the speakers), it aint bose
Old 02-29-2004, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by spiff56747
wrong.. i have a non bose factory 100 watt system, and it has all the features described in the original post.. cd player, tape deck, and CD CHG button also.. here a pic

i think if it doesnt say bose on it (maybe not on the HU, but on the speakers), it aint bose

yea, my car looks exactly like yours does. so its just a standard deck....do you have an amp and subs hooked up to it? i have a setup from my old car, and i just want to add the subs in (i don' thave the time or money for an aftermarket deck, plus i look the clean look of it all flowing together) if so, do you know where i cna get instructions on how to pull it apart and wire it togther?