4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New Pix - Few crappy Movies - and a question!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

New Pix - Few crappy Movies - and a question!

Hello all, I recently installed red/clears, thought I would take some new pictures while my car was still some what clean. Anyway all of the pictures can be viewed here www.afexstyle.com/maxpix .. there are also some links to a few short pointless, and very large videos I did, using the digital camera, so quality of sound is weak, but i didn't even know it did sound so surprise!....DIAL UP BEWARE, all i gotta say..

oh yeah, gap is horrible, and my rims aren't back on, both soon to change

Now, for my question...

A few days ago I started getting this odd squeeling noise from the front driver side brake, now I know my pads in the front need to be changed, but this noise isn't just some squeaky brake crap, it happens even when im not applying any brake, driving down the road 30mph or less you can hear it, some times it goes away, but then comes back etc can hear it very loud when I turn right. It sounds like a thin piece of metal just lightly touching the rotor or something. If you have ever worked with sheet metal and used a grider or something to smooth an edge, its almost like that..anyway...At first I though maybe the caliper was locked, but upon inspection I see nothing wrong, except the pad is pretty worn down...Also my brake light is on, I was told this could be a fluid level problem, however I had that checked and it was normal. So im thinking maybe a sensor issue there, since some times its not on, and some times it is..its pretty weird. Anyway, if anyone could help me with any insight to this noise, or the sensor issue whatever. The noise is starting to get worse, and I need to fix it before I get my car inspected, which is soon!
Old 03-14-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Matt, the noise is the brake warning squeelers, I don't know the real name. Anyway they tell you when it's time to change pads. You should hear them after taking a trip on the Kangamangus Highway.....it's up and down a mountain. The 96 hated that. Nice pix though and the movies are really not bad...though that Greddy needs a swift kick in the muff.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:51 PM
V^___^V

looks good man i really like the greddy SP

i think you probably have rotor problem, cuz i had similar situation when i swapped in the brembo x-drilled rotors, it turned out that my caliper was too tight to the rotor, so i had to lose it and align it again. i would inspect the rotor first.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't think its a rotor problem, they look fine, and it being to tight shouldn't be it since it was fine before and I dont think it would tighten itself