4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PICS of inner IS300 lights!!! -Custom-

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 01:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by I30CeFiRo
Geez man, you guys ever heard of constructive critisism?
Seriously... everyone needs to stop calling each other names over a couple of f#cking lights. They're not my favorite look, but I'm not gonna go call him a rice boy just b/c he has the imagination and opportunity to do something different with his car. If you don't like them, just say so or even better sggest an alternative. Don't go acting like a bunch of 5-year olds, it just turns people off from giving ideas b/c they're worried about getting chewed apart.

</rant>
Old 03-17-2001, 02:02 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by CustomMax

Haha, now that's a big surprise. Having Shingles d*ck in your mouth is probably just clouding your judgement. Take a look at them after you swallow and let me know what you think.

-=Custom=-
wtf? why can't you just take it...you know when you posted that people are going to say they don't like it...big deal...take the criticism as you try to dish it out...
Old 03-17-2001, 02:46 PM

Try these...

it looks different. Way to go bro! I was scared to put Z3 gills but hell, they look nice!!haha
Old 03-17-2001, 06:20 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by Chris91SE

wtf? why can't you just take it...you know when you posted that people are going to say they don't like it...big deal...take the criticism as you try to dish it out...
Lol, I'm just an argumentative person. I'm starting law school next year, and to be honest with you these boards are pretty damn good practice. There are a lot of witty people that have some intellegent things to say (not everybody, just some) but I don't take anything to heart and none of my comments should be taken personally. All of my comments directed towards other people are made in a 'cartoonish' manner and really have no substance behind them.

As far as the car goes...I'm not finished with the back, i actually have 2 more ideas to take up the empty space. I think I'm going to put the Nissan emblem and the MAXIMA symbols back on. As for the other idea...shhhhh, it a secret.

Old 03-17-2001, 06:25 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: i think they look

Originally posted by SprintMax
of course you would.. you are a rice boy just like he is
I am still interested to see if you infact know what a 'riceboy' is. You throw the term around like it was the first word out of your mouth when you were 7 months old ...I'm just curious, I don't know what it means.

Old 03-17-2001, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: i think they look

you obviously don't.. thats why your trunk looks the way it is..

I am still interested to see if you infact know what a 'riceboy' is. You throw the term around like it was the first word out of your mouth when you were 7 months old ...I'm just curious, I don't know what it means.
Old 03-17-2001, 06:36 PM
spyder

Personally i find those lights an attack on my sense of vision. They look horrid, you are a Wannabe just like the guy with the Z3 front fenders. If you guys were to be in the automobile industry i would be willing to bet that your company would be called Hyundai, because of the way you incorporate other cars into your car. Oh and if you want to say its an improvement on the design of the car, it isnt. I would consider an improvement to be the red/clear tails, and body kit, and rims and what not.

Now that have being said, what kind of lawyer do you plan to be ? ( just curious )

Old 03-17-2001, 06:38 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: i think they look

you obviously don't.. thats why your trunk looks the way it is..

You see...now that remark was not needed.

Custom: I don't understand
Sprint: You obviously don't

lol...that was a productive argument. I still anxiously await an answer as to what a rice-boy is. The world may never know.

Old 03-17-2001, 06:45 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by spyder
Personally i find those lights an attack on my sense of vision. They look horrid, you are a Wannabe just like the guy with the Z3 front fenders. If you guys were to be in the automobile industry i would be willing to bet that your company would be called Hyundai, because of the way you incorporate other cars into your car. Oh and if you want to say its an improvement on the design of the car, it isnt. I would consider an improvement to be the red/clear tails, and body kit, and rims and what not.

Now that have being said, what kind of lawyer do you plan to be ? ( just curious )
I was considering doing Real Estate Law, and possibly criminal law. I have already completed several courses that deal with Real Estate Law (that were required to obtain my BA). But for now, I'm keeping all of my options open. Thanks for your input.

Old 03-17-2001, 07:40 PM

sprintmax?

Hi- I was just wondering why you bought a maxima? For the price of the max + 20's + a full body kit + over 4k in audio + what ever elese you have in your max, you could be diving a really cool car. Don't get me wrong I like maximas a lot, thats why I bought one. However if I had the kind of $$ you spent on you max I would have deffinatly gotten something better. If you wanted to make sure you were not associated with "rice" people why didnt you get a M3 or some thing. If you paid for all your mods with plastic maby I would almost beable to comprehend spending 10grand on a fwd jap oval car but still I would have a hard time. Don't get upset and think I'm giving you a hard time I'm wondering whats up.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:47 PM
CustomMax

Re: sprintmax?

Originally posted by fsumax
Hi- I was just wondering why you bought a maxima? For the price of the max + 20's + a full body kit + over 4k in audio + what ever elese you have in your max, you could be diving a really cool car. Don't get me wrong I like maximas a lot, thats why I bought one. However if I had the kind of $$ you spent on you max I would have deffinatly gotten something better. If you wanted to make sure you were not associated with "rice" people why didnt you get a M3 or some thing. If you paid for all your mods with plastic maby I would almost beable to comprehend spending 10grand on a fwd jap oval car but still I would have a hard time. Don't get upset and think I'm giving you a hard time I'm wondering whats up.
Interesting perspective.

Old 03-17-2001, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Re: sprintmax?

Lets say why did i buy a maxima?

I bought it because it was a very large and roomy car, yet very affordable and a very quick an agile car.. its good on gas mileage, it saves me a whole bundle on insurance and it is still practical for me to drive to a Job Interview or take a Client to Lunch yet, sporty enough for me to drive to the club or strip, yet agile and fast enough to down shift and cruise on the highway... i think its a very very great buy.. and as wards autoworld says "The maxima maybe the best ever v6 ever made"... I use to own and Accord, but I like 5spds and I was not able to get one in a v6, so now i have a Maxima and an I4 Accord... I am buying a QX4 later this year and buying my wife an IS300 Manual next year spring, however i am still keeping the max because i love this car.. i am going to mod it and make it a garage queen..

I hope i was able to answer all the questions.. if you need anymore answers .. feel free to ask..

Old 03-17-2001, 08:22 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: sprintmax?

Lets say why did i buy a maxima?

I bought it because it was a very large and roomy car, yet very affordable and a very quick an agile car.. its good on gas mileage, it saves me a whole bundle on insurance and it is still practical for me to drive to a Job Interview or take a Client to Lunch yet, sporty enough for me to drive to the club or strip, yet agile and fast enough to down shift and cruise on the highway... i think its a very very great buy.. and as wards autoworld says "The maxima maybe the best ever v6 ever made"... I use to own and Accord, but I like 5spds and I was not able to get one in a v6, so now i have a Maxima and an I4 Accord... I am buying a QX4 later this year and buying my wife an IS300 Manual next year spring, however i am still keeping the max because i love this car.. i am going to mod it and make it a garage queen..

I hope i was able to answer all the questions.. if you need anymore answers .. feel free to ask..

Interesting answer. I have a question. What line of work are you in? I'm just curious, however, I undestand if you don't wish to answer.

Old 03-17-2001, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

IT industry

Interesting answer. I have a question. What line of work are you in? I'm just curious, however, I undestand if you don't wish to answer.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:42 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

IT industry

O' yeah? A buddy of mine from high school went into that right after we graduated. He was pulling down around 50k a year, a pretty nice living. Specifically what field is your specialty in? I forgot what he did, but I'll ask him on Monday.

Old 03-17-2001, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

Programing, Network Administration and Notes Administration

O' yeah? A buddy of mine from high school went into that right after we graduated. He was pulling down around 50k a year, a pretty nice living. Specifically what field is your specialty in? I forgot what he did, but I'll ask him on Monday.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:49 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

Programing, Network Administration and Notes Administration
Those are some good fields to be in. High demand. I'm sorry it seems like I'm grilling you, I just find this type of sh*t interesting. What kind of programming do you do? (i.e- languages, what programs have you made...etc) I don't really understand the whole industry myself but I've always been interested in learning.

Old 03-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

C++, VB, and LotusScript

Those are some good fields to be in. High demand. I'm sorry it seems like I'm grilling you, I just find this type of sh*t interesting. What kind of programming do you do? (i.e- languages, what programs have you made...etc) I don't really understand the whole industry myself but I've always been interested in learning.
Old 03-17-2001, 09:23 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

C++, VB, and LotusScript
How long did it take you to learn C++, did you take classes or teach yourself?

Old 03-17-2001, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

I taught myself and practised.. they sell the "Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours" book at any bookstore.. then i got myself a copy of Borland C++ and kept practising ..

How long did it take you to learn C++, did you take classes or teach yourself?
Old 03-17-2001, 09:28 PM
CustomMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

I taught myself and practised.. they sell the "Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours" book at any bookstore.. then i got myself a copy of Borland C++ and kept practising ..

Cool, i've seen that book before. About how long did it take you to complete the self-teach program?

Old 03-17-2001, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sprintmax?

3 weeks .. due to spare time, attention problem and re-reading to ensure i got the concept of each chapter.. but theoretically if you have no life, lots of spare time, and nothing to do.. then 24 hours is realistic

Cool, i've seen that book before. About how long did it take you to complete the self-teach program?
Old 03-17-2001, 10:15 PM
JC
Donating Maxima.org Member

Looks very uni

but not for me. Good luck with cops.....
Old 03-17-2001, 10:20 PM

hi- I guess I can see your logic in spending 10k on a sub 20k car. I guess im more a a quality vs. quantity guy. Just curious, you neve got a higher education did you?
Old 03-18-2001, 12:10 AM

You will now be looked up to by teenage girls and riceboys everywhere.

BTW: Don't flame me for saying riceboy. I don't care what you think. Also, no ones nuts are in my mouth or whatever. That was *real* classy..
Old 03-18-2001, 12:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It is not the style for me, but it is cool you tried something different. I think it will look much better with the MAXIMA back on the trunk, but I think my main problem with the look is the outside is square and the inside is circular. . . It just seems like something isn't right, IMO.
Old 03-18-2001, 01:10 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

Re: Re: i think they look

of course you would.. you are a rice boy just like he is
thats nice that you think i am a riceboy, thats you're opinion, but honestly, you do not know me. i hope you don't take that hard or anything, or think i am trying to step on your manhood. besides how stupid do you feel slammin someone elses ride and then braggin about how great your car is when hundreds of other "riceboys" have setups just like yours...19 inch rims...whatever thousand dollar setup sound system....please..atleast a third of the people on this board are running what you have. did you even buy your god damn car yourself or is mom and dad paying for it? i am proud to say my car is going to be 100% paid for ALL by myself, without the help of mommie and daddy. and the few mods i have on my car, though "ricey" to you, set me apart from any maxima around my way, and once again are 100% paid for by me and nobody else.

i am proud of my car, i really don't care if you think i am ricey, its my own and thats whats important. the is300 conversion is different, to each his own, i happen to think it will look real nice once he puts the letters back on. who are you to attack me for giving him props for doing something original THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE? from what you listed, you just own another hooked up max just like the rest of us. Start bragging when you get sponsored. or when your car sets itself apart from the rest of us "Riceboys"....
Old 03-18-2001, 01:39 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

err....

i guess i missed the whole yelling at each other part. sorry.. i just got baffled by getting called a riceboy for no reason. Custom, i still think they are nice, i happen to think the z3 fenders are nice too, the things that have never been done usually are. constructive criticism is always welcome, but Sprint...what did i ever do to you to make you attack me like that, did i wrong you in a prior life? and before you go off on me about being some dumb college kid, i am graduating next year with BA's in Veterinary Technology and Criminal Justice, and i'm getting married in 2003 so my life is in order. what did i do? tell me..

i mean i may be taking this a little far but i am really baffled as to why i would get slammed like i did for telling custom his idea (in my opinion) looks nice. i mean whats going on, i'm not allowed to tell him i think his idea is original without getting stepped on? because if you honestly think you're justified, better talk to Jaime for a moderator position so you can close off all us riceboys.. i mean DAmn...i get home want to check my mail, look at the org, and then i get called a riceboy for telling Custom i liked his idea? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO? i mean now i feel like i'm gonna be called a riceboy for evrything.

i like Anime, Sushi, i am Asian, next thing i know i'll be called ricey for all those things.
Old 03-18-2001, 04:54 AM
Administrator

actually yes i have graduated college at the age of 21... and this year i will be 24.. any more questions?

hi- I guess I can see your logic in spending 10k on a sub 20k car. I guess im more a a quality vs. quantity guy. Just curious, you neve got a higher education did you?
Old 03-18-2001, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Re: err....

I am just not too sold on your unpainted body kit and your whacky tail lights... just seems a bit distasteful for me.. and i know your waiting till summer to get it painted but.. IMO you should have kept it off till summer..

these are just my opinions..

Originally posted by SINYMaxSE
i guess i missed the whole yelling at each other part. sorry.. i just got baffled by getting called a riceboy for no reason. Custom, i still think they are nice, i happen to think the z3 fenders are nice too, the things that have never been done usually are. constructive criticism is always welcome, but Sprint...what did i ever do to you to make you attack me like that, did i wrong you in a prior life? and before you go off on me about being some dumb college kid, i am graduating next year with BA's in Veterinary Technology and Criminal Justice, and i'm getting married in 2003 so my life is in order. what did i do? tell me..

i mean i may be taking this a little far but i am really baffled as to why i would get slammed like i did for telling custom his idea (in my opinion) looks nice. i mean whats going on, i'm not allowed to tell him i think his idea is original without getting stepped on? because if you honestly think you're justified, better talk to Jaime for a moderator position so you can close off all us riceboys.. i mean DAmn...i get home want to check my mail, look at the org, and then i get called a riceboy for telling Custom i liked his idea? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO? i mean now i feel like i'm gonna be called a riceboy for evrything.

i like Anime, Sushi, i am Asian, next thing i know i'll be called ricey for all those things.
Old 03-18-2001, 06:31 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by Maximamike
You will now be looked up to by teenage girls and riceboys everywhere.

BTW: Don't flame me for saying riceboy. I don't care what you think. Also, no ones nuts are in my mouth or whatever. That was *real* classy..
I'm sorry, i don't intend to start another 'flame war' but let's talk about class...Your sig "Haha, Your stupid dogs didn't find my illegal substances!" People bragging on the internet, (in car forums no less), that they are smart enough to elude a four legged animal from finding their weed is a real class act. I am still anxious to hear ANYONE'S explanation as to what a riceboy is. Everyone throws the term around but 90% seem not to know what it actually is, another *real* classy act.

Old 03-18-2001, 06:38 AM

I dont really like the way they look.
But if you do...then thats all that matters.
peace!
Old 03-18-2001, 06:55 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by CheshireCat76
I dont really like the way they look.
But if you do...then thats all that matters.
peace!
I appreciate the subtle comment. You should teach a class.

Old 03-18-2001, 11:02 AM
KraZel

Whoah

I have to say the lights are diffrent and have potential...right now i dont like them. However I did enjoy reading all of these post. Very entertaining

Old 03-18-2001, 11:56 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: err....

I am just not too sold on your unpainted body kit and your whacky tail lights... just seems a bit distasteful for me.. and i know your waiting till summer to get it painted but.. IMO you should have kept it off till summer..

these are just my opinions..

Go to his homepage and click on My Mods... you'll see "4th Gen Stillen Bodykit W/ Dupont Chromalusion
Paint." So, it is painted but the lighting makes it look like it isn't.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:03 PM

sigh

*Note: I do not agree with all of what i write below*

There are a few "definitions"

Japanese cars used to be referred to as "rice rockets"

Pretty much more derogatory names used to term products American car enthusiasts found "threatening" to their own cars. They were thought of as poorly manufactured and without as much "muscle" as the yankee cars of the day.

And recently, with the huge popularity of the Civics, Accords, Integras, Supras, Eclipeses etc...and the low cost availability of modifications you see practically every teenager with a few dollars trying to mod their car

These kids became known as "rice boys" (modifying their rice rockets). They mostly got a bad name because most or all of their mods were strictly aesthetic. For example, the odd sticker here and there, the 5" exhaust tip, the gigantic wing etc...

anyways, now we see that Import cars are just as good, if not better than their american equivelants, and those who modify those cars are still deemed "ricers" or "rice boys", and unjustly so. I mean if you claim to have a modified car, and all you have is a huge STILLEN banner on your car, fine you ARE a rice boy. but if you go thru the trouble and have a plan for your mods and you are building up to all the "essential" maxima mods, i dont think you should be called a rice boy.

With that said, CustomMAx's mod on his rear does not appeal to me, but its his car, and he can do whatever he wants to it.

I would suggest (just my opinion) to add the Max stuff back (which you said you would) and try to somehow support the two lights on the trunk...they look so alone..and somehow connect them to the outter lights...so create some flow. I know it sounds dumb, but they pay guys at Nissan and other car companies to think about stuff like this

HOPE this clears some stuff up.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: err....

NO he bought a Green 4th Gen used body kit and he is in college and hasn't had time to get it painted yet..

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Go to his homepage and click on My Mods... you'll see "4th Gen Stillen Bodykit W/ Dupont Chromalusion
Paint." So, it is painted but the lighting makes it look like it isn't.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:38 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: err....

NO he bought a Green 4th Gen used body kit and he is in college and hasn't had time to get it painted yet..

So you're saying he's lying?
Old 03-18-2001, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: err....

I am not saying he is lying .. i am telling you what his friends told me

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

So you're saying he's lying?
Old 03-18-2001, 01:00 PM

Looks nice, personally I'd think the GS inners would look better because they're a little bigger and would match better, but what you have looks nice too. Maybe if they were red, there would be more contrast, as it is, the lights kind of blend into the white trunk. I saw a Max with GS inners and his looked pretty cool, but the work on it looked kind of bad, you could still see the outline of where the original taillights were. How'd you get that much work done for only $175? Are you friends with the shop that did it? Around here, something like that costs somewhere above $300.

Quick Reply: PICS of inner IS300 lights!!! -Custom-