4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

****emergency Help Please****

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:58 PM

****emergency Help Please****

Im Driving Home From Work Tonight And All Of A Sudden My Car Shuts Off. I Tried To Start The Car And It Chokes Then Shuts Off Tried Again Same Thing. I Dont Know If Its Bad Gas. I Did Put $20 In Gas Today In A New Gas Station. But It Was Super. My Boy Was Behind Me In His Max And He Said, Dark Grey Smoke Was Coming Out Of My Exhaust. Maybe The Fuel Pump? I Have To Put It In Neutral So I Could Turn It On Then Put It On Drive Quick So It Wont Shut Off On Me.and Its Very Loud When I Press On The Gas Pedal!! I Dont Know Please Help So I Could Get This Fixed Tomorrow. Thanks Guys.. Any Suggestions Any Comments Well Appreciated. Any Mechanics Out There Please Try To Help..
Old 03-18-2004, 10:26 PM

Please Read This.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:50 PM
BOSS

One would honestly need more detailed information to diagnose the exact problem. However, I had the same thing happen to me once when driving to school in my old 91 Honda Accord. I had A/C on, going WOT on the freeway. Then, one of my cylinder/cylinder rings broke/snapped (whatever you want to call it), causing severe cylinder misfire, **** load of smoke out the back, and other symptoms you described - felt like I was driving on 3 cylinders - and as it turned out, I was. I simply overloaded the engine by going about 100mph with A/C on full, in a 4-cyl, 2.2L, 160k mile, beat up Accord.

Old 03-19-2004, 05:09 AM

Bump To The Top