4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PICS of new rims!!! Got them today

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 04:27 PM
CustomMax

Here is a picture of one of the rims in front of my car. I have to get the wheel-wells cut or fender's rolled, or something like that, (i haven't figured out exactly what needs to be done), tomorrow. They are 20 inch Lexani Krystals. The tires are 255/35/20. Any constructive feedback is appreciated...Here we go again

Old 03-18-2001, 04:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CustomMax
Here is a picture of one of the rims in front of my car. I have to get the wheel-wells cut or fender's rolled, or something like that, (i haven't figured out exactly what needs to be done), tomorrow. They are 20 inch Lexani Krystals. The tires are 255/35/20. Any constructive feedback is appreciated...Here we go again
Looks like the square peg trying to get in the round hole.

Good luck with the fenders!
Old 03-18-2001, 04:36 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

woah!!!

That's going to be bling bling!
They must weigh a load, I don't have anything against chrome, but the weight of the rims sucks, slows you down a lot, ride will probably be rough as **** on those! But I like them, I don't care what everyone else says...

Looking forward to seeing them on the car!
Old 03-18-2001, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Sorry I am not really a fan of those rims..

Sorry
Old 03-18-2001, 04:43 PM
CustomMax

Re: woah!!!

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
That's going to be bling bling!
They must weigh a load, I don't have anything against chrome, but the weight of the rims sucks, slows you down a lot, ride will probably be rough as **** on those! But I like them, I don't care what everyone else says...

Looking forward to seeing them on the car!
Thanks man, I appreicate the comment. You would actually be really surprised with the weight. I had 18 inch Niche Bellas on there before and they were at least 10 pounds heavier, per rim, then the 20's. I'm hopefully having them put on tomorrow, I'll post pics ASAP. Thanks.

-=Custom=-

Old 03-18-2001, 04:47 PM

Is it true that changing tire and rim size throws off you speedometer?
Old 03-18-2001, 04:50 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by 98BlaximaSE
Is it true that changing tire and rim size throws off you speedometer?
Yeah, I've heard from a lot of people and wheel stores that it will cause your speedometer to give an inaccurate reading. When I had my Niche Bellas on there the speedometer didn't even vary 1mph. I don't know what the cause is, but when I had my civic it was off by 17mph. So it doesn happen I'm just not sure why.

Old 03-18-2001, 05:09 PM

I like your rims and chrome still looks good to me. I am debating on getting chrome on my next pair of rims. you'll have to post some pics after you have them on.

Max99
Old 03-18-2001, 05:26 PM
Master Will

20 inches when they roll out.......

20 inch CHROME say it loud...........pics asap man!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 05:40 PM
MaxdOut

hey man,
i saw in your pic that you've got the completely clear outer rear lights. how do you like those and do you have a pic from the back? i was thinking of getting them but can't decide. i found them for $130 if you know a better price let me know

thnx

Old 03-18-2001, 06:03 PM
MaxdOut

hey man,
i saw in your pic that you've got the completely clear outer rear lights. how do you like those and do you have a pic from the back? i was thinking of getting them but can't decide. i found them for $130 if you know a better price let me know

thnx

Old 03-18-2001, 06:10 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by MaxdOut
hey man,

thnx
Hey, this guy on ebay sells them for 95$ plus shipping. He has an auction up right now that ends in about two days for the outer clears.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...928500&r=0&t=0

I paid 50 for them, but this guy hooked me up. I have a pic from the back, but I have inner IS300 lights custom fixed so you won't be able to tell exactly what they look like. I have another post that is 7 pages long in the forum titled "PICS of inner IS300 Lights" look in that thread, there are two pictures of them from the rear.

Old 03-18-2001, 06:13 PM

Welcome to the dub club!
Old 03-18-2001, 06:19 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by I30CeFiRo
Welcome to the dub club!
Hey bro' thanks for the warm welcome. I do have one quick question for ya'. I'm going to this place to see if they can take care of the wheel wells tomorrow, what exactly should I tell them? I was a little confused in the previous post when you explained it. Also, do they have to re-paint anything or once they are done it's ready to go?? Thanks.

-=Custom=-

Old 03-18-2001, 06:23 PM

i would have kept the bellas on if i where you but if a change up in wheels are what you wanted the momo arrows would have looked better.
Old 03-18-2001, 06:31 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by wicked1044
i would have kept the bellas on if i where you but if a change up in wheels are what you wanted the momo arrows would have looked better.
Nah...I like the Krystals a little better than the Bellas and they look better when they spin. As far as the momo arrows go, I think they're pretty ugly, and even if I liked them, they look really cheap and are extremely over priced. Momo chrome is the worst around. It fades faster than any other brand and bubbles under extreme heat...I live in south florida, they would bubble in the middle of January

Do you have any billet grilles for a 96?

Old 03-18-2001, 06:46 PM

Nah, you'd only have to rustproof if you do decide to cut anything. When you go to the shop, tell them that you got big rims and that you need to roll the fenders up so that the fenderlip wont cut into the sidewall of the tire since it is so wide.

Hey bro' thanks for the warm welcome. I do have one quick question for ya'. I'm going to this place to see if they can take care of the wheel wells tomorrow, what exactly should I tell them? I was a little confused in the previous post when you explained it. Also, do they have to re-paint anything or once they are done it's ready to go?? Thanks.

-=Custom=-
Old 03-18-2001, 06:55 PM

Oh yeah, by the way is your car dropped?? because if it isn't, then when you put the 20's on, your car WILL look 4x4. I suggest getting the Cattman coilovers like me so you can gauge what height looks good with the 20's.
Old 03-18-2001, 06:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CustomMax
[B]

Nah...I like the Krystals a little better than the Bellas and they look better when they spin. As far as the momo arrows go, I think they're pretty ugly, and even if I liked them, they look really cheap and are extremely over priced. Momo chrome is the worst around. It fades faster than any other brand and bubbles under extreme heat...I live in south florida, they would bubble in the middle of January
i don't know about the arrows being ugly.. i think they are the nicest looking wheel on the max... also the chrome looking cheap?? i don't see that as true either.. the momos i have seen look great... i have never seen momo wheel chip either.... i have seen a lot of wheels out there chip after a short time.. maybe you have seen an abused arrow???
any wheel will look bad through time if not kept up with.
the momos are very expensive but worth the look of the wheel. also momo chrome is the worst out there??? ummmmm..
i have seen your wheels flake after a couple of months...
even some highline wheels come out crappy... don't label an entire company on a wheel of two you have seen.
Old 03-18-2001, 07:27 PM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

nice

rims. try not to get sued for blinding people and causing accidents! hehe
Old 03-18-2001, 07:29 PM
CustomMax

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wicked1044
[B]

i don't know about the arrows being ugly.. i think they are the nicest looking wheel on the max... also the chrome looking cheap?? i don't see that as true either.. the momos i have seen look great... i have never seen momo wheel chip either.... i have seen a lot of wheels out there chip after a short time.. maybe you have seen an abused arrow???
any wheel will look bad through time if not kept up with.
the momos are very expensive but worth the look of the wheel. also momo chrome is the worst out there??? ummmmm..
i have seen your wheels flake after a couple of months...
even some highline wheels come out crappy... don't label an entire company on a wheel of two you have seen.
Sorry I didn't specify earlier, but I was talking from personal experience. I had two different sets of Momo on my civic and they were DEFINENTLY not abused. I bought them brand new and both had the same problems. I lived in Baltimore at the time and the weather still messed them up. They were never driven in snow, and only had them on my car after April. After 2 bad experiences I have pretty much disgarded the company as repudable. I don't anticipate any wheel gap with the 20's on, so I don't see a reason to lower the car. We'll have to see, hopefully we will know tomorrow :smile:

Old 03-18-2001, 07:41 PM

what momo wheels did you have?? also if the first set you bought were crappy, why did you buy the second???
good luck with your wheels now.. cough, cough, the arrows cough are sooo much nicer looking....
Old 03-18-2001, 07:57 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by wicked1044
what momo wheels did you have?? also if the first set you bought were crappy, why did you buy the second???
good luck with your wheels now.. cough, cough, the arrows cough are sooo much nicer looking....
To answer your question, I had a set of the momo extreme's first, then I sold them and bought a set of the momo rampage (i think they were called). I bought the second set because I really liked the design and momo was the only company I saw that made that particular style.

...cough, cough, I really, cough, appreciate the maturity...

Old 03-18-2001, 08:19 PM

haaaaa!
Old 03-19-2001, 12:05 AM

Looks good Custom max...I always did like those rims...
Old 03-19-2001, 07:53 AM
CustomMax

Welcome to the dub club!
One question...I wasn't in the dub club when I was rollin' on 18 inch Bellas??? Thanks again for all your help.

-=Custom=-

Old 03-19-2001, 08:05 AM

hey!!!! those are the same rims i was thinking of getting....that or the Iris....18's for me though....now that i've seen a pic of them like that next to the car..i'm really sold!!! Thanx man!!!
Old 03-19-2001, 09:56 AM

Dub as in dubs, doubles, twins...you know, twenties. Just some slang
Old 03-19-2001, 01:11 PM
CustomMax

Haha, i know what Dubs are, but thanks for the little refresher course...lol. I always thought that dubs just meant chrome rims in general. I had no idea where the meaning stemmed from and that it only reffered to 20's. I had the rims put on today, they look nice as sh*t, i'll have pics up tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help.

==Custom==

Old 03-19-2001, 06:37 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

agreed

Originally posted by SprintMax
Sorry I am not really a fan of those rims..

Sorry
________
VAPORIZER VIDEO

Last edited by dmbmaxima2k2; 09-04-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:12 PM

Dubs, ghetto, steamrollers, ugly, you know.. Same ****..

Where's that barfing smiley when you need one?

Bling-bling btw..
Old 03-19-2001, 09:27 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by Maximamike

Dubs, ghetto, steamrollers, ugly, you know.. Same ****..

Where's that barfing smiley when you need one?

Bling-bling btw..
Ouch, another mature comment by the raving druggie. I don't hate ya' bro, jelousy is a very common human characteristic.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:21 AM

I want those for my Lincoln. Then I could be a true pimp, and not just a small-time playa. Those Lexanis will definitely turn heads.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:40 AM

Immaturity >>

Ouch, another mature comment by the raving druggie. I don't hate ya' bro, jelousy is a very common human characteristic.
Why is it that whenever someone disagrees with you here, they instantly fall into the category of envious or jealous? Grow up bro, realize that in life, there will be people who disagree with you.

As for your rims, I'm sorry boss, when I look at them, crumpled up tin foil comes to mind.
Old 03-20-2001, 06:26 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Immaturity >>

I noticed that too.

Originally posted by Albertt

Why is it that whenever someone disagrees with you here, they instantly fall into the category of envious or jealous? Grow up bro, realize that in life, there will be people who disagree with you.

As for your rims, I'm sorry boss, when I look at them, crumpled up tin foil comes to mind.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:35 AM
CustomMax

Re: Immaturity >>

Originally posted by Albertt

I did not say that everyone that disagrees with me is jelous or envious. There have been several other people that stated their distaste concerning my rims, and car in general, that I have not responded to because of the way they stated their opinions. Talking some sh*t about a steam roller and dub's or some other stuff that makes no sense seems immature and envious to me. I have only commented TWICE that I feel a person is envious, or jelous of my rims. So for you to make a statement that it is "everytime" would be incorrect. And I don't need any lectures about life, bro, save it for your kids. I'm going outside to uncrumple my rims right now. I'll be back in a few...

Old 03-20-2001, 08:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not my style, but to each there own.

I'm not a big chrome fan and I think 20 is kinda big. But I'm more into performance than appearence.
But it will turn heads!!
Old 03-20-2001, 09:12 AM

Dude, even though I'm not a fan ot those rims either, I don't have anything against your wheels...It's your taste, its your choice. Even though I have to disagree on Momo Arrows, and say that they're one of the BEST lookin wheels for max, even for many other cars...And I just hope that they won't chip, cuz Im in Dallas TX
Old 03-20-2001, 09:56 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by EuroMaxima99SE
Dude, even though I'm not a fan ot those rims either, I don't have anything against your wheels...It's your taste, its your choice. Even though I have to disagree on Momo Arrows, and say that they're one of the BEST lookin wheels for max, even for many other cars...And I just hope that they won't chip, cuz Im in Dallas TX
The arrows look pretty slick on your car...Btw, do your wheels poke out a little from the tires?? I had 18 x 8 when I had the bellas on my car and they poked out of the 225 tires. You have 8.5 and 235 tires...I was just curious, i liked the look of them poking out a little.

Old 03-20-2001, 11:42 AM

The arrows look pretty slick on your car...Btw, do your wheels poke out a little from the tires?? I had 18 x 8 when I had the bellas on my car and they poked out of the 225 tires. You have 8.5 and 235 tires...I was just curious, i liked the look of them poking out a little.
Yes, they're little out, but i'd rather have them on inside, because if I hit a curb ( which I already did) my rim will scratch first , then my tire will rub...But if the wheel would be inside and the tire would stick out little more which is hard to do with 18", then the rubber would protect my wheels from sctraching...

p.s I need to drop it, thats when you'll see the beauty of these Arrows

Quick Reply: PICS of new rims!!! Got them today