4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

tires always spin on wet roads unless - im doing 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 08:07 PM

tires always spin on wet roads unless - im doing 50

my tires have a lot of tread on them - they are bridgestone potenzas off a 2002 max - the roads can be slightly damp ill be completly stopped and ill push the gas pedal like an eigth of the way down and i will peel out - i can be doing 50 or 60 and floor it and i will peel out - it doesnt seem right is my car too powerful or somthing? it kind of sucks for passing someone or taking someone off the line - i was next to a like 1983 p.o.s. somthing and he was flying in the rain and i couldnt keep up - anyone have suggestions?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:16 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Duh, traction is never present when road is wet. Go back to you basic physics class and ask the teacher why you didn't fail. Also, racing usually doesn't work very well on wet roads.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

The stock potenza, RE910's I believe, that come on the 5th gens are not good rain tires or that good of tires in general.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by broaner22
Duh, traction is never present when road is wet. Go back to you basic physics class and ask the teacher why you didn't fail. Also, racing usually doesn't work very well on wet roads.

duh??? - what r u 12 - first off no **** traction is worse on wet roads that wasnt my question - and i never had a physics class whatsoever in my whole high school and college schooling so i wouldnt have failed ***git - i have been in cars that when you press the pedal to the floor on a wet road they take off without the tires spinning but in my max i press the gas an eight of the way down and my tires spin - im wondering why my tires spin so easy and other cars dont - my tires have plent of rubber left also - dont bother repling unless you have a logical reason - i dont need anymore 5 yr old remarks on my thread
Old 04-01-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
The stock potenza, RE910's I believe, that come on the 5th gens are not good rain tires of that good or tires in general.

thanks that may be the prob- ill look into it
Old 04-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 95maxcntrljrsy
thanks that may be the prob- ill look into it
get those tires off your car man, if those are the model the others i the 5th gen talk about, someone spun out on a slightly wet road and DESTROYED their 2002 or 03 maxima, he luckily got out alive...alot of people sold them after that, this is about 2 or 3 weeks ago in the general topics forum i believe.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:56 PM

it may be the super power produced by our great engine, it happens to me too but I need new tires, mine are starting to get bald.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:15 PM

yeah the stock potenzas suck hardcore, swap those out and you should be much better off
Old 04-01-2004, 10:06 PM

You might be running too much PSI. . . get an accurate tire gauge, make sure you're around 36PSI.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:17 PM

yea those tires basically suck, i had them on my 5th get rims, and wow, press brake and id slide as if im on ice. replaced them with khumo 712's and much much better now
Old 04-02-2004, 08:19 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Okay, 95maxcntrljrsy, several things. 1. This is how you spell "f@ggot". If your gonna' call me one you better spell it right. And your calling me juvenile. Ha. 2. What kinda school did you go to? Or did you drop out? Ah, the truth is out. 3. The fact remains that full traction can never be achieved when the road is wet. Even the best tire won't solve the issue on a car as powerful as a Maxima or anything with more than 100 HP and TQ. The reason you have experienced perfect wet traction was because you were in a POS with barely enough power left on its extremely old and decrepid engine to keep it from stalling. I find it funny that you have such an anonymous profile and no homepage. Your calling me juvenile and yet we don't know how old you are. I'm 17, not 12 or 5 and I clearly have enough common sense to understand that flooring it in wet conditions does nothing except burn up rubber. I have 235 712's and I can still easily spin them in anytemps below 40 or wet conditions. The org is filling up with worthless **** like this. Why does everyone feel the need to use up bandwidth just to tell everyone else that he has justed learned the meaning of common sense?
Old 04-02-2004, 08:27 PM

1. Sounds like those tires suck
2. They might have been mistreated (heat cycled) to make them suck worse
3. like someone said, check the PSI immediately
4. If you want good tires for rain, I can vouch for Bridgestone Potenza S-03 PP might be one of the best rain tires that also rock on dry. check out www.tirerack.com to compare ratings of tires.
5. 1/8 of the way down hmmmm.... sounds like an exaggeration but hey whatev
Old 04-02-2004, 09:17 PM

yea same **** happens to me too but i know for sure its not 1/8 of away down its almost half the way down.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:23 PM

Ok, I sell tires for a living.
and no sales piches here, Michelin tires rock.
I have Hydroeges in a stock P215/60R15 and these are the best tires I have ever seen. They are made of a very tough rubber compound. The DOT treadwear rating is about 720 if my memory serves, but it might not. I made it through over 30+ accumilated inches of snow here in lincloln ne this winter. The ONLY time i got stuck, was when I got hi-centered. I was easly able to maintain control on very slick road conditions, even at speeds upto 60mph. These tires are very hard to break loose. Now my suspension is bad; I have to be at about 40mph when powersliding on tarmac with light sand. (Carefully, i might add)
They are only T-speed rated, but I have taken them at least upto 130.
Thats enough.
Try it, you might like it.
--Mike
Sams club has cheap tires
Old 04-02-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by flashover
Ok, I sell tires for a living.
and no sales piches here, Michelin tires rock.
I have Hydroeges in a stock P215/60R15 and these are the best tires I have ever seen. They are made of a very tough rubber compound. The DOT treadwear rating is about 720 if my memory serves, but it might not. I made it through over 30+ accumilated inches of snow here in lincloln ne this winter. The ONLY time i got stuck, was when I got hi-centered. I was easly able to maintain control on very slick road conditions, even at speeds upto 60mph. These tires are very hard to break loose. Now my suspension is bad; I have to be at about 40mph when powersliding on tarmac with light sand. (Carefully, i might add)
They are only T-speed rated, but I have taken them at least upto 130.
Thats enough.
Try it, you might like it.
--Mike
Sams club has cheap tires

wow the reviews on tirerack are also excellent...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=HydroEdge

but part of me wants to say that there are almost certainly alot grippier tires for dry... These would be good winter shoes probably. Still, I like S-03s for everything but snow.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Hooooooonda.....

duh??? - what r u 12 - first off no **** traction is worse on wet roads that wasnt my question - and i never had a physics class whatsoever in my whole high school and college schooling so i wouldnt have failed ***git - i have been in cars that when you press the pedal to the floor on a wet road they take off without the tires spinning but in my max i press the gas an eight of the way down and my tires spin - im wondering why my tires spin so easy and other cars dont - my tires have plent of rubber left also - dont bother repling unless you have a logical reason - i dont need anymore 5 yr old remarks on my thread
Don't be an a-hole just cause he was right. What kind of POS school did you go to that didn't have physics? If you're gonna call someone a ******, learn how to spell it first. Mods shouldn't this guy be banned for a few days?
Old 04-03-2004, 12:13 AM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by bigx323
replaced them with khumo 712's and much much better now
ecsta supras 712s aren't the best wet tracktion tire. but yes they are still ZR and it does provide better tracktion over whatever stock tires, but don't overrate them. (just a friendly reminder )

Originally Posted by broaner22
I have 235 712's and I can still easily spin them in anytemps below 40 or wet conditions.
i second that. i have 235/45/17 ecsta supras and i get the same result. also, i only have about 15% thread left in the rears, about 60% in the front, that could be a problem as well.

Originally Posted by big d
Mods shouldn't this guy be banned for a few days?
although i agree with broaner22's information, i did not quite like his attitude when he's trying to explain his reasons with 95maxcntrljrsy.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by Spaniard
wow the reviews on tirerack are also excellent...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=HydroEdge

but part of me wants to say that there are almost certainly alot grippier tires for dry... These would be good winter shoes probably. Still, I like S-03s for everything but snow.

S-O3's are best tire available, but if don't want to spend a grand on tires the potenza 750's or 950's can be beat.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:35 AM

lets set things straight here buddy first off - you talk about wasting bandwith - i asked a question seeking an answer and you posted a remark calling me stupid and flaming on me - all i wanted was an honest answer - the comment you posted was worthless to me - and you say i experienced perfect wet traction in pos cars, sorry buddy im referring to my girls is300 her dads porsche 911 and my friends cars which include m3, m3 coupe, a4, s4, and gti - another thing i dont know what age has to do with it put i am 20 yrs old from central jersey (see user name) - i dont know why your talking about air temps i never said anything about that- sorry fellow org members about this post but im tired of these *******s who instead of answering a members question with an answer that there looking for they try to talk **** and make them feel stupid
Old 04-03-2004, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Big D
Don't be an a-hole just cause he was right. What kind of POS school did you go to that didn't have physics? If you're gonna call someone a ******, learn how to spell it first. Mods shouldn't this guy be banned for a few days?
im not being an ******* because he was right - he didnt answer my question - im being an ******* because i hate org members like him (and obviously you too now) who feel the need to post useless remarks and make other org members feel stupid when they are seeking an answer - and you call my school a pos because physics wasnt a required class - i had many required classes but physics wasnt one of them -
Old 04-03-2004, 06:10 AM

20 years old.

No suprise there.

Old 04-03-2004, 06:52 AM

When I got my car, the tires would spin a lot in the rain. I replaced them and now it only happens once in a while. I also replaced the axles and suspension

If you have your old rims, replace the 02 rims with those and see if that still happens. It's probably the tires like most people have said How is your suspension, axles, and wheel bearings?

In my school, Physics isn't required. You take Bio then Chem then Physics or Earth Science or something else. You made it sound like Physics wasn't offered at all
Old 04-03-2004, 08:27 AM

i love how people get a hard on by arguing over the internet, there so powerful typing on there keyboards, u both must feel like winners!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by dahman45
i love how people get a hard on by arguing over the internet, there so powerful typing on there keyboards, u both must feel like winners!
loollllllllll haha looser *** ***** i tell u
Old 04-03-2004, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by clee130
20 years old.

No suprise there.

excuse me?
Old 04-03-2004, 11:34 AM

everyone is talking **** on this thread - im glad i post a question on a forum where people are supposed to be friends and help each other with their maxima questions - but yet all the time on here all i ever see people doing is ridiculing and making fun of other peoples questions - i now know not to even bother posting questions on here because org members and moderators would rather poke fun at a question and talk **** rather than help a fellow maxima owner out - and people say were tough guys for arguing over the internet - i dont start anything over the internet i just defend myself, im not some little punk whos gonna let people talk bad about me without me defending myself - so for anyone who plans on posting a question be prepared to made fun of or get **** talked about you- for anyone who helps people with questions thanks for keeping the org a great place - now i know why many of my org member friends shy away from even coming on this site anymore - peace- by the way - say all the **** you want to about me after this thread i am done with all the juvenile bull**** - later
Old 04-03-2004, 11:44 AM

my tires have a lot of tread on them - they are bridgestone potenzas off a 2002 max - the roads can be slightly damp ill be completly stopped and ill push the gas pedal like an eigth of the way down and i will peel out - i can be doing 50 or 60 and floor it and i will peel out - it doesnt seem right is my car too powerful or somthing? it kind of sucks for passing someone or taking someone off the line - i was next to a like 1983 p.o.s. somthing and he was flying in the rain and i couldnt keep up - anyone have suggestions?
Come on guys can't you see this poor guy just needs some one to tell him that his autotragic with heavy *** 17's is fast. That's all he is looking for.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Hooooooonda.....

What do you expect the people to say to you when you act like a damn e-thug. You ****** *** ****. If you want help, ignore the ones that aren't helpful and read the ones that are. *** *** **** ******* ************.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Big D
What do you expect the people to say to you when you act like a damn e-thug. You ****** *** ****. If you want help, ignore the ones that aren't helpful and read the ones that are. *** *** **** ******* ************.
seriously, like Big D said, just ignore it, its just words someone typed, they obviously dont have any life if they are picking a fight over the internet
Old 04-03-2004, 08:22 PM

You guys need to get a life.....I mean I would kill for my car to spin with 1/8 throttle!! More like floored for me. Threads are anyway