4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My Project Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 07:01 PM

My Project Maxima

Im 23 years old right now, and by the time i hit my 25th birthday, id like to reach all of my goals i have listed below. Please let me know if these are possible or if you guys know anything about what i want to do. Hopefully you guys will support me and offer some help. Here goes:

-In the next two years, i want the maxima to hit 300HP via either turbo or supercharged w/o nitrous. Definately Not going for drag setup here, just a powerful car.

-I want to attain the worlds first real widebody kit for the maxima

-I want 19" polished Forged HRE wheels and bigger than stock radius tires (fill that wheel well, dont care about speedometer)

-I want a decent, not too heavy audio setup with full navigation/dvd setup, custom installation

-I want dimming interior lights, hehe

-I want to have a full interior, changed to leather, with seating for 2 in the back and rear center console, like the new maximas. Also (yes ive read the posts) i want a real fold-DOWN rear seat and as a twist id like it motorized with a button.

-I want suicide style rear doors.

-smoked cefiros with completely blacked out corners (i dont care about projectors) with HIDs and HID foglights

-no chrome, not even the interior handles, my car is super black and want to keep it that way, inside and out.

-All the interior and exterior lighting will be redone with LEDs even the dome light. I am going for a black/red lighting theme.

-Again no NOS; no flashy lights no neon kits no stickers (unless its a maxima.org or MCC sticker hehe)

Let me know what you guys think, if it is attainable or ridiculous. I know i might not reach all of these, but im gonna try in the next 2 years. Just to let you know, i should be able to put aside about $400-$500 a month to work on my car, so hopefully i could get some things done. Again, i dont care about drag racing my car, or racing punks on the street. I could give a damn. I just want to have the World's Baddest 4th Gen Maxima (at least in my eyes) and something i can be proud of.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:36 PM

Its all attainable shoot for the stars brother!

I'm 23 too, similar goals, make it happen, its all in your hands....
Old 04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

i'm 22, and my aspiration is an audi s4
Old 04-06-2004, 07:56 PM

dam man u got a wild imagination, all i got to say is if u got the time and money go for it, **** dat would be one bad *** max, i bet u when your done u wouldnt want to drive it jus keep it as show like those other pussies. no ofense
Old 04-06-2004, 08:08 PM

Oh im not making it for show. I just want to make a serious piece of machienery that has luxury as well as real power. I love BMWs and i will probably end up buying one later, but this will definately be the real Ultimate Driving Machine, one that i create. Im planning on taking it all over the place, but rarely to any car show.

I will definately let you guys know when i complete things, with write-ups and pics and the works.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:43 PM

wow, all that work and no desire to show it. hehe... different strokes for different folks. with all the money spent on just the widebody i'd be showing it everywhere. good luck.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you've got some awesome plans for your car. i say everything is achievable except for the wide body kit. that will take an anormous anount of time and money to develop and build. not that it cant be done, but thats an enormous undertaking

best wishes, and keep us updated
Old 04-06-2004, 09:01 PM

!!

WOW. That's crazy. IF you really want it, go for it. Remember, if you can dream it, you can become it.

My aspirations are a bit different: next car...... BMW M3!!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:19 PM

you have an extra $500 a month? you're lucky, I totally agree with maxxaddict, I want a M3 really bad, and Sometime in my life, i wil get one
Old 04-06-2004, 10:49 PM

suicide doors??? Are those that open like the new rx8 rear doors? How can that be possible for the max? and not sure if it would look right. I mean..a big *** suicide rear door...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I don't think $400 a month for 2 years will cover all that.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:15 PM

$9,600-$12,000 should get pretty much everything done that needs to be done. The most expensive part will be the turbo/supercharger and the rims. If i cant get those rims ill get some 19" racing hart C2s or something. alot of the things i listed arent even that expensive. I already have a pretty good audio setup with clarion components, just need to add some things and navi/DVD with a screen or screens.

Thanks for the support guys

P.S. Dont forget, theres 2 tax return checks i didnt figure into the equation yet (+$2000?)

Piece!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:22 PM

Suicide doors will look just fine. All the old school mercedes benz had suicide rear doors and it looks tight. When i say old school i mean old school 1930s 1940s.

I want to throw a couple more items into my list:

-I want to add 2 Recaro or Bride seats, redone in black leather

-I want to super-insulate the cabin with tons of dynamat and whatever else i can find to make it sound like a BMW inside while driving and when you close the doors and stuff
Old 04-06-2004, 11:41 PM

your project sounds badass. i hope everything turns out well. if you have a god job you can have all this well before you turn 25. just do things one by one and dont start 10 mods at once and never end up finishing them. start on one or two at a time and see to it they get finished then start on a new mod. its fun if you do it all yourself plus it saves money. good luck

Who wants to bet this car will be unveiled before custommaxima.com's infamous project car. i am betting 1 million dollars
Old 04-07-2004, 12:54 AM

Not to rain on your parade (I love projects) but you will have a horrendous time putting suicide doors on anything wide-body. More power to you if you can do it. I have never ever heard of or seen a car with a wide-style-body and suicide doors.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Banned

you will never do suicide doors on a maxima. period. 1 it is possibly. 2 you will never do it unless you have cash to throw away, and lots of it...

widebody kit is a nice idea. to bad a body shop is going to have to completely fab it on your car in fiberglass. but if you have the cash to actually DO a widebody kit, do some shaving..like....shave off the antenna, trunk keyhole, gastank(do the taillight hidden mod), those silly ugly plastic lines that go across the car(on the doors not pinstriping) i personally would go as far as to remove the rear door handels as well...

your idea of a motorized rear seat is interesting but i see no point....what happens after it folds down? are you going to cut out all that sheet metal behind the seats? also there is limited room to put the kind of eletric motors you will need around the seats....good luck...

oh ya for 300fwhp you need a turbo, no supercharger. thats at least 4-6k installed with tuning.

the rear center console is a nice idea perhaps have it fabbed out of fiberglass? throw a speaker or two into it as well as some cup holders? maybe fab a ps2 or xbox into it so all you see is the little door and the botton for it....lots of neat possibilities with that....

and.

if you have the cash to drop 6k on a turbo, another 5-7k on a custom made widebody + shaving + a complete repaint....then WHY THE HELL DO YOU NOT WANT PROJECTOR HIDS????

hell go and fab in 2k lights(already been done)

goodluck
Old 04-07-2004, 03:54 PM

The rear center console is something that itself would be the center of attention. I was thinking along the lines of replacing the entire front center console and integrating it with the rear. Like one big unit; constructing it out of MDF (medium density fiberboard) and housing either a PS2 or a gamecube (i like the smaller size of the unit) with wireless remotes and installing a vertically mounted pop up screen in the console, possibly spring loaded, so i can push it in a little and it pops up and stays, and then push it down and it stays down. something along those lines.

The center console will also house the clarion 6-disc cd changer. possibly even the air cond. controls. of course it will have cup holders built into it; front and back. all switches will be located under a closed, hinged panel in the center console.

In the location where the double DIN slots are, i will fit a recessed 7" widescreen with DVD/Navigation and in the slot below i will place my clarion head unit. on the top where the a/c controls were, i will make a custom display out of plexiglass, blacked out except for MAXIMA in a nice font, backlit with (hopefully) color changing fiber optic lines or red leds, wired to the ignition. It will look totally black when off.

the entire center console will be upholstered with plush padding and black leather to match the rest of the interor.

This will probably be my first goal to accomplish. Im about to take some measurements right now and make some sketches. See you guys in a bit.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:13 PM

Wow i just took some rough measurements and its gonna be kinda tight to fit all of that into the center of the max. Its really kinda narrow for what i had planned. Hmm; I wonder if theres a way to move the emergency brake to another location and still work properly.

The way i have it planned for now, i may not be able to recline the front seats all that much, since i want to make the rear part of the console a whole lot wider than the front part of the console. ill see if i can scan some of my sketches and post here. Thanks for all the support guys; ill keep you posted.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:41 AM

rear consoles are tight...i really dont think the widebody kits gonna happen though toooooo much time and money, unless you work at a body shop and can do it yourself....not gonna happen
Old 04-08-2004, 05:53 AM

the suicide door idea is bad ***. I wasthinking of doing that myself. whatever you do to this car keep us informed!!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:54 AM
DoGGy

Originally Posted by BadFish
Im 23 years old right now, and by the time i hit my 25th birthday, id like to reach all of my goals i have listed below. Please let me know if these are possible or if you guys know anything about what i want to do. Hopefully you guys will support me and offer some help. Here goes:

-In the next two years, i want the maxima to hit 300HP via either turbo or supercharged w/o nitrous. Definately Not going for drag setup here, just a powerful car.

-I want to attain the worlds first real widebody kit for the maxima

-I want 19" polished Forged HRE wheels and bigger than stock radius tires (fill that wheel well, dont care about speedometer)

-I want a decent, not too heavy audio setup with full navigation/dvd setup, custom installation

-I want dimming interior lights, hehe

-I want to have a full interior, changed to leather, with seating for 2 in the back and rear center console, like the new maximas. Also (yes ive read the posts) i want a real fold-DOWN rear seat and as a twist id like it motorized with a button.

-I want suicide style rear doors.

-smoked cefiros with completely blacked out corners (i dont care about projectors) with HIDs and HID foglights

-no chrome, not even the interior handles, my car is super black and want to keep it that way, inside and out.

-All the interior and exterior lighting will be redone with LEDs even the dome light. I am going for a black/red lighting theme.

-Again no NOS; no flashy lights no neon kits no stickers (unless its a maxima.org or MCC sticker hehe)

Let me know what you guys think, if it is attainable or ridiculous. I know i might not reach all of these, but im gonna try in the next 2 years. Just to let you know, i should be able to put aside about $400-$500 a month to work on my car, so hopefully i could get some things done. Again, i dont care about drag racing my car, or racing punks on the street. I could give a damn. I just want to have the World's Baddest 4th Gen Maxima (at least in my eyes) and something i can be proud of.

Thanks in advance.
time to start playing the loto

Old 04-08-2004, 11:21 AM

With enough money it's easily attainable. With $10k? Forget about it.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:24 AM
DrX

imo, scrap the suicide doors. They work on some cars, but I don't think they would work on the max, whether you could fab it or not.

Also, forget the 19s. Go 17, 18 tops. If you want to be putting 300hp to the wheels why would you want it to handle like crap?

Other than that, everything else looks just fine. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:40 AM

why no sc? there are several guys with 300whp that have a blower o nthe org..
Old 04-08-2004, 01:06 PM

I was thinking about 18s but 19s are just so badass! As far as pricing goes, 18s would cost maybe a grand less than 19s, maybe ill even get 18s up front 19s in the rear. With the right tuning and weight distribution and other minor things, i think i can get some decent handling. i will be running bigger tires regardless if that helps anything.

After talking to a buddy who works in a body shop, the widebody kit will probably be one of the last things i do to the max. It would just take way too much damn time and CAD work to get something right, and the cost would be around $6-8k after paint and stuff. plus it would take literally weeks upon weeks to do. im putting this on the bottom of the list for now, but im still gonna do suicide doors. If i dont get a wide kit, im definately getting some custom "regular" bodywork done to the car. Im keeping the single exhaust, even though i love the look of dual.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:22 PM

I agree with some of others.....$400-$500 a month will not get all done that you want done in 2 years. Even with $4000 combined IRS checks for the 2 years, it will not get done. I still think it will take more. I mean, with those kind of wheels/tires($3000-$4000), supercharger with extras to get 300fwhp($4500 or so), and widebody(I am guessing $2500-4500, depending on the job done....I don't even know...I may be way off)....That only leaves you like $2000 for the rest of the stuff in your budget.
I think the ideas are cool, but you will either have to work on it longer, or start dealing drugs to get that kind of money to throw into it.
Plus, you won't be able to enjoy it unless you get is all done at the same time....your max will always be in the shop.
Good luck.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:27 PM

I just read that you said you already got a quote for the wide body to be around $6000-$8000. Dang! I didn't even put this into my equation. In that case:

1. IRS check x 2 years @ $2000ea.=$4000
2. $400/month for 2 years =$9600
3. Grand total=$13600

1. SC=$4500
2. Wheels/tires of that caliber=$3500
3. Wide body=$7000
4. Grand total right there=$15000
(that is not even getting the suicide doors and everything else that you are wanting to do to it.)

*Just being a realist*
Old 04-09-2004, 02:30 PM

Going with the widebody kit, rims, s/c is kinda expensive but with the right resources and research you could probably get it down a couple of grand.

But why limit yourself to 2 years? Just a question...
Old 04-09-2004, 03:16 PM

I think it would be bad*** if you were able to obtain all that in 2 years. actually it is doable, but not with that amount of money. if you want to make it more realistic, take the 19" HRE's out of the picture. i know, i know, they are probaly some of the nicest wheels on the market, but the cheapest HRE 19" wheel is $1100 a piece, on top of tires if you got the cheapest of both worlds, which you dont want, its goin to cost ya like $6k. i mean there are a lot of really good lookin 19's out there, IMO Axis Spiders, that you could get for A LOT cheaper.
But in my opinion you reach this goal cause if you do that would be incredible, and i would want to be one of the first to see the pictures of it.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:23 AM

Thanks for all the input guys. As far as money goes, im hoping ill have enough to get what i want to get done. I know its gonna be kinda tight, but realistically, i think ill be able to get it done. what i wanted to do was just make a list of all the things i wanted to have in my car, set a date, set a budget and just stick to it and make sure it gets done. Im pretty confident ill be done long before i turn 25.

As far as the widebody kit goes, i dont know if its gonna be feasible. As i posted earlier, a friend of mine advised against it because of time and price issues. Im thinking about scratching that from the list which will save me $6k-$8k and just doing some over the top, non-widebody work to the maxima. that will free up alot of spending room in my budget for the wheels i want to buy. Feast your eyes on these bad boys:

http://www.luxurywheels.co.uk/HRE/84.../841Rlarge.jpg

Im thinking about going 19 rear 18 up front and a friend of mine works for Falken tires so maybe ill be able to pull some strings in that department. If for whatever reason i cant get the HREs, ill probably go with the Racing Hart C2 (3-piece design) in the same sizing setup i just mentioned. They would run about $3000 with tires i think. HREs are gonna run about $6000. Best believe i will be parking in the garage from then on with a crazy *** alarm.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:22 AM

wow you should really consider investing all that money into something else that will make you money, thats an awful lot of money to spend on a car, id probalby put a downpayment on a house with 13600$
Old 04-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Why don't you actually do one of the mods you talk about, takes some pics, post the pics and maybe then this thread will have some legitimacy. Anybody can come here and be like, "I plan on doing this and that". It's all just a bunch of talk that will probably never happen. Not trying to hate, but there is really no point to all of this.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by mansurxk
wow you should really consider investing all that money into something else that will make you money, thats an awful lot of money to spend on a car, id probalby put a downpayment on a house with 13600$

Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 AM
BOSS

Originally Posted by BadFish
.... that will free up alot of spending room in my budget for the wheels i want to buy. Feast your eyes on these bad boys:

http://www.luxurywheels.co.uk/HRE/84.../841Rlarge.jpg

Im thinking about going 19 rear 18 up front and a friend of mine works for Falken tires so maybe ill be able to pull some strings in that department. If for whatever reason i cant get the HREs, ill probably go with the Racing Hart C2 (3-piece design) in the same sizing setup i just mentioned. They would run about $3000 with tires i think. HREs are gonna run about $6000. Best believe i will be parking in the garage from then on with a crazy *** alarm.
HRE rims are BEST, PERIOD! I always wanted those and I see them on audis, porsches, BMW's and benz's all the time. As far as I know, they are actually 3 rims composed into one. I also know they come with a bad a$$ warranty, which no other rim manufacturer can match.

A friend of mine who owns an A6 tt bought them and was told that whenever an HRE rims bends, for whatever reason, you send it back and get a new one. It's all worthless though, because HRE rims almost never bend, unlike other cheap brands such as say Motegi rims, which I saw too many times bend on stupid, little potholes.

HRE rims are light, super strong, best looking - you get what you pay for.

Lastly, I'm in love with them also because of the "lip". All HRE rims have this bad A$$ lip, which nothing beats. Makes the car look all the sportier.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
Why don't you actually do one of the mods you talk about, takes some pics, post the pics and maybe then this thread will have some legitimacy. Anybody can come here and be like, "I plan on doing this and that". It's all just a bunch of talk that will probably never happen. Not trying to hate, but there is really no point to all of this.
Hmmm, well, i made a cheap cardboard mockup of the new center console if you want to see that. This thread has only existed for 3 days bro and i havent really had alot of time after work to do much yet. Today is saturday so im planning on buying the MDF and making all my marks. Hopefully ill even start cutting today if i have time.

The reason i post so much is because its not just my project. I want to see what people think and what people suggest in order to incorporate their ideas into what im doing. People are asking questions and stating their ideas so thats why this thread keeps getting bumped. Seriously, if you think its all hype, its really not. Again, this thread is only 3 days old. Sit back, read the comments, post your questions, and hopefully in a couple weeks ill have finished pics of the center console.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:24 PM

Well, just an update on my center console project. I have the MDF marked up but i need to get my dad to let me use his table saw. i dont want to hand saw this thing, cause i dont want it to come out like crap. Anyways, well heres a few pics of the cardboard mock up i made:

You cant really tell by the picture but the gamecube sits perfectly flush in the mock up

This angle is from the shiftknob back. notice the console will flow as one piece from front to back. The cardboard mock up is actually 2 pieces though, but itll be one piece when i cut the real thing.

Notice the opening of the shift **** will be round (like an M3) im thinking about putting the chrome ring from an M3 to make it look exotic, but im trying to stray from the bling. next to the e-brake will be my led "control panel" which will be under a darkly smoked plexiglass panel. the e-brake opening will actually be round like the shifter, but i cut it wrong hehe (anxious?)

The gamecube looks awesome sitting there, it fits where the space was between the seat and OEM console was. I will not be adding a screen to the console itself as planned before, but rather i will put in a 10.4 flip down replacing the dome light. The new console will sit at the same height as the highest point of the console once you remove the armrest. I decided to get rid of the armrest in the middle and keep the armrest on the back. im not going to make the seats fold down anymore as i dont need that storage accomidation. The rear armrest will still be able to fold down like normal and under the rear armrest will be cupholders. i will only need to modify the rear seat cushion and i will not need to touch the back cushion at all. this console will be painted gloss black with alot of wax on it instead of wrapped in leather. this will keep costs down and add an elegant touch. I have more pics of the mockup if anyone is interest, just PM me. Once i cut the mdf and nail it all together ill take more pics. Piece.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:39 PM

Oh and just to clarify, the pics were taken with the rear seat cusion removed. The sides of the new console will not be gloss black but rather will be wrapped in the same vinyl as the dashboard, to look a little more OEM. only the top piece will be gloss. The console will accomidate the 6disc changer, as shown in one of the pics as well as the a/c controls and a fuse panel will shutoff switches for the amps. the power inverter will be mounted inside the console near the gamecube and the back of the car. vent holes will be drilled on the sides of the console where the gamecube is and cigarette lighter adapters will be placed on the sides of the console as well (one on each side.) there will only be 2 controllers for the gamecube used, and they will come out of the rear of the console, instead of wireless as proposed before. All gamecube accesories will be in black. in the front of the console above the shifter will go my S-AFC mounted in a good viewing angle, covered in a red smoked plexiglass panel to match the red lighting scheme in the car. The front doesnt have cupholders as of yet, but im still pondering where to put it. the top piece of the console will be hinged either in front or back to allow easier removal for adjustments of modifications of internals. let me know what you guys think and post your ideas if you want.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:17 PM

thts going to look sick, keep us posted!
Old 04-13-2004, 05:36 PM

That's cool what you doing to your center console. I'm doing something similar but it doesn't extend all the way over to the rear seats. It just stop just as the rear seats begins. So there is no gap between the center console and the rear seat. And the basic shape of the center console stay but it will incorporate cup holders for jumbo size cups from McDonalds or Jack in the Box.

Good luck on your big plan.....i said the same thing when i first got my car and now after 5 years.....i'm just getting the new paint done.

Eric
Old 04-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Project Ruby......

May I suggest MTV Pimp My Ride??

On a serious note, it sounds like its gonna be a badass project and I hope you go through with it. A lot people on here come up with a great idea, but never do it. I hope everything works out.

I thought of rear suicide doors as well, but figured it would be too much of a hassle and I'm all about go anyway, so suicide doors isn't my bag in the end.

The HSRs look friggen badass. I think my bro was looking at those to put on his S4, can't remember though.

I wish you the best of luck, got some great ideas. And the center console plan looks good so far!

Quick Reply: My Project Maxima