4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Y-Pipe and UDP

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 04:54 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Y-Pipe and UDP

im going to be getting my UDP and ypipe installed later this week and have some questions.

1. after getting these installed, do they take effect immediatly? i heard that the ECU has to be reset before you can notice anything.

2. how hard is it to install a UDP? i know where it is i saw it when i was replacing my passenger side axle. is it easy to mess up? should i just leave it to a mechanic?

3. i have a DMS pulley, what kind of belts do i need to use with this pulley? and where can i find them?

thanks.

i also have another question. i was thinking about this earlier and was just curious. if i were to get a set of headders (this wont be happening for a long time) would they just bolt on to my existing warp speed y-pipe or do they come wiht a special ypipe?
Old 04-12-2004, 05:13 PM
V^___^V

1. yes. reset ur ECU.
2. http://www.greghome.com/Greg's%20Gar...e%20Pulley.htm if you don't think you can do it, give matthel (turbo95max) a call/PM and he can help you out with reasonable price.
3. there should be two belt, one for power steering and one for alternator. i don't have the exact part number for it cuz i sold my UDP, but i know they are made by Gates. you should be able to get it from your local autoshop (kregan).

and no ur warpspeed y-pipe won't bolt on to neither cattman/stone racing header. u'lll have to buy the entire header and y-pipe.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:26 PM

if u need the belt size for that exact same pulley....i have them at home so pm me if u need them and i can get them to ya by tomorow,
and to install it is preaty simple, if ur a manual just have some one in the car put the car into 5th gear and have them hold down the break.....if ur an auto just have some one hold the break...and then all u have to do is unscrew the bolt, i think its torqued down to 125 ft lbs so it the hardest part would be getting the bolt off, then when u take off the old one, put some oil on the brass spline and slap it on, it is recomended that u replace the seal before u put the new pulley on but if ur car has under 60k miles its not really neccessary, i didn't do it and its doing fine....
Old 04-12-2004, 07:25 PM

i have my pulley and am awaiting my y pipe to come in later this week or early next week. let me know how everything goes. post what type of gains u recieve. good luck