4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

With our older cars, i think you are gonna like this product

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 06:20 AM

With our older cars, i think you are gonna like this product

Last night I decided to try out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the intreior of my car. I have the tan perferated leather with dark brown dash etc. I had so called "cleaned and conditioned" before with various liquids and the such. I actually thought that the color of my leather was supposed to be the shade it was. Well, I was WRONG. I used the magic erasor first on my drivers seat and watched as the black crap lifted up and adhered to the sponge, then wiped off the excess lifted dirt with a damp rag.It went from coffee to light kahki! Right before my eyes. The best part is that long cracks that we get on the outer edge of our leather almost completely disapeared, as in the black dirt that gets cought in the crevices completely came out! I have NEVER been able to acheive this, even be scrubbing! I also had a long streak/scuffmark from someones shoe that nomatter what I did , simple green/goo gone etc, never came out. This magic eraser got it out- that lone was worth the cheap price of admission. Whats more, ya know how the light tan door panels, especially by the handle get that dirt in the pores of the vinyl and gives a dark cloudy appearance in that area? Well, lets just say that my door panels look like a brand new car. I also got a new steering wheel too. I did the dash as well which i didnt think was even dirty and my dash looks amazing- just like a new car. I would equate this with claybar for your interior. You don't even know your car is dirty until you see it REALLY clean. As you use the product it disintigrates. (You will probably use about 3-4 of them to do the entire interior (less if you don't have leather) Each "erasor" as about the size of a sponge. They are cheap too! 2 dollars for a two pack. but dont use it on the black plastic part of your dash, i.e. the radio bezel and shift gate, as it states on the box that it could hurt the finish. Anyway, try it out- I think this is an awesome product especially at 2 for 2.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm surprised that stuff is safe for leather. I used it in my last apartment to take crayon off of the walls. It's pretty abrasive stuff.

Does it say that it does leather specifcally?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sryth
I'm surprised that stuff is safe for leather. I used it in my last apartment to take crayon off of the walls. It's pretty abrasive stuff.

Does it say that it does leather specifcally?
Actually, it does. It says try it on shoes- "leather uppers". Use it with confidence.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

this should be in the detailing forum, but aside from that, how much was it? ive used meguairs and it sucked, where did you buy it?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by mansurxk
this should be in the detailing forum, but aside from that, how much was it? ive used meguairs and it sucked, where did you buy it?
I put it in the detailing forum as well, but I had to show love for my fellow fourth geners. They are 2 for 2 dollars. Two in a box. I bought it at Path Mark, but im sure that all supermarkets will carry it in the detergent/swiffer etc isle.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the tip, then!

I hope it works better than my "method". The last time I was cleaning my car, I found that water and friction was the best way to get those "pores" clean. I was going to do a door each weekend. If this thing works, I'll have them all done in no time!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:05 AM

hmm I Gotta give that a try for my door panels, they are pretty dustgusting and really hard to clean.. =o
Old 04-15-2004, 07:06 AM

Thanks for the tip, then!

I hope it works better than my "method". The last time I was cleaning my car, I found that water and friction was the best way to get those "pores" clean. I was going to do a door each weekend. If this thing works, I'll have them all done in no time!
a door each weekend. lol... I was planning to take off the door panels and do it inside the house... its too hot outside to do anything =( damn miami.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by FormorAccordMan
I put it in the detailing forum as well, but I had to show love for my fellow fourth geners. They are 2 for 2 dollars. Two in a box. I bought it at Path Mark, but im sure that all supermarkets will carry it in the detergent/swiffer etc isle.

great find...im going to pick some up this weekend, at the rate im going looks like im going for a tan for black interior swap
Old 04-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by s0ber
a door each weekend. lol... I was planning to take off the door panels and do it inside the house... its too hot outside to do anything =( damn miami.
That's what I meant...pull the panels off and really clean them. It's too cold outside to do anything...damn NY.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:27 AM

That's what I meant...pull the panels off and really clean them. It's too cold outside to do anything...damn NY.
Thats the beauty of this product-m you don't need to go nuts! it comes right out!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:32 AM

I have a simple solution......get BLACK leather! ha ha ha
That is what I did.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:51 AM

will this stuff work on the cloth seats. I have baby food on mine.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by moose54
will this stuff work on the cloth seats. I have baby food on mine.
I don't think so, I wouldn't even experiment. It is for hard/hard porus surfaces. Sorry.