4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Personal Observation on Replies

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:29 PM

Personal Observation on Replies

Upon reading and replying to a several threads about springs, struts, shocks combonations, I have realized that I will have to make my own personal decision on which spring & strut setup to run due to the fact that many members here have posted many different opinions. It seems as if many of these opinions contradict each other and often contradicting what has been written in the FAQ Section (http://maxmods.dyndns.org) as well.

Although, I have do have enough facts now to make my own personal educated guess for which suspension mods will be best for my driving habits.. Thanks to all that have taken time to post this valuable information!!

As well, I have read several replies that seem to be a little harsh toward members which have different opinions and/or suggestions.

Question: Why do some people here get sooo ****ed at others opinions????

I respect and appreciate all of the suggestions and recommendations from other members EVEN if they might be wrong.

It would be nice to see people communicating here instead of bashing one of your fellow members! Communication will only help this forum where as the bashing and smart remarks will hurt the forum and possibly create some negative feelings toward members within this organization.

This is just my observation and opinion.

This is 'The Best' forum on the web!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

If you notice, most of us who have been here fro a while might disagree, but we respect each other. There are times when each of us see mistakes in what another posts, and when that happens the "wrong" party gets called out on it, but for the most part we who have been here for a couple years or longer try to be respectful of each other.

At any rate, best of luck choosing suspension!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:55 PM
^ Jeff™

^^ I agree totally.

...one thing I wanted to add is that if you go to any forum you will notice this same type of behavior. Some people just have a bad day...others are just jerks. I'm used to it.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:08 PM

I know I'm a here, but in my opinion the majority of the people who join this society are only here to find out what makes there maxima go faster? I don't think their main focus is of a higher aspect. Meaning their first impressions are for HP not longevity, class or quality! Most people who have been around modding their vehicles for along time know what manufacturers produce the highest quality parts with the best result's. That's not to say that newer company's do not produce or have high quality standards in mind, they just haven't built a reputation yet. As far as most syspension products are concerned their are a few that you can almost never go wrong with because they maintain high standards for there products. Such as (Eibach, H&R, KW, Progressive tech., Tein, JWT, Tokico, Koni, Bilstein, etc.) These manufacturers are considered top notch. I know theres some more that I didn't list but you should get the picture. Usually a company that has been able to stick around the industry for such a long period of time is a good one to go with. Ofcourse everyone has an opinion on who's product is better or works best for a specific vehicle, but it seems that you have already determind the best route to take. What's your prefrence? How do you like it? How do you think it ride's? I'm glad to see you could find your way through the jungle to come to your own conclusion.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:19 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
If you notice, most of us who have been here fro a while might disagree, but we respect each other. There are times when each of us see mistakes in what another posts, and when that happens the "wrong" party gets called out on it, but for the most part we who have been here for a couple years or longer try to be respectful of each other.

At any rate, best of luck choosing suspension!
I agree with the fact that many have different opinions about suspension. I myself wanted for the longest time to find info on what will suit me best, but kept getting opinions/statements/facts that contradict themselves.

Also, I trusted and still (kind of) trust http://maxmods.dyndns.org. Now I am beginning to see that it may misinform some members, as well. As you mentioned in an earlier thread phenryiv1, http://maxmods.dyndns.org is not all that accurate.

Old 04-16-2004, 07:37 PM

You have to also realize that suspension quality is much like a paint job, some like it a certain way and some don't.

And also, stock SE suspension is harsher than others. I think people who upgrade from stock SE to near-comparable springs post positive comments, where as those coming for the comfy SXE or GLE suspension setup notice the harsh jump right away and post the drastic change in their ride quality.

You've got to feel it to believe it. My 0.02