4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Damn old people. Accident pics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Damn old people. Accident pics...

So I'm going to autozone to return the strut compressors and soome lady decides to pull out of a parking lot right into my rear qurter panel. The lady was OLD, let's just say she lived through both world wars. She didn't see me and rammed her '86 cutlass right in the back side of my car. We exchanged information and she asked if I was sure she caused the damage cause her car had not a single ****ing scratch, guessing it's because or the STEEL bumper she has on that tank. I swerved out of the way so when she hit me I was actually on the other side of the street going against traffic and she STILL got me. Thankfully her insurance, STATE FARM, didn't argue and the car is going to the shop TOMORROW. Fast huh. I'm pretty sure that if my springs weren't so stiff the damage would've been worse. Sorry for the long rant but here's the pics .
Old 04-28-2004, 06:34 PM
BOSS

wow Dave, I feel your pain. Never had my Max in an accident. Hopefully some good autobody mechanic should fix things up for you. Are you gonna buy a new panel or have this one done?

ANyway, what you say about insurance - make sure you go to many EXPENSIVE body shops and get different estimates. Then take the most expensive estimate and get that amount from the insurance (state farm is good with that). When you do, go ahead and have the work done to the panel, unless you want to replace it for cheap. You make money that way, at least my parents always have.

Good luck

Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear that, man.
That sucks.
I hate to see max's in wrecks.
Good luck.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:41 AM

one reason that im scared to move to florida..haha, sorry to hear about that, good luck
Old 04-29-2004, 11:19 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Damn, sorry to hear what happened, bro .... dumb old geezers, shouldn't be on the road. I hate when they drive in the fast lane going 1/2 the speed limit or just drive slow, period

Man, it looks like every1 is getting into an accident lately on here
Old 04-29-2004, 11:39 AM
vsamoylov

yeah everybody getting into accidents but i am diving safe now trying to avoid it.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I swear that the state should revoke some of the elders licenses. Once they are not able to control their automobiles the way they used to, the licenses should be revoked.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

mandatory retesting every 1-2 years depending on age! That way people who grow up as professional race car drivers who know how to drive can still drive if they are physically/mentally capable when they are 85. jm2c

-R
Old 04-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Got my estimate this morning, $2,200 worth of damage. Now I need to find a shop that will do it for $50.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:14 PM
vsamoylov

it wont cost $2200 to fix that. all they will do is drill holes in the dented area, use a puller and pull the dent out evenly and then bondo the holes, sand, primer and paint. 2 days of wrok and it is done.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Let us know what happens.....I have seen like 8 fatal accidents in the past 2 weeks so you better believe most of the way to work and school im drivin like a granny.....NOT....that is way hard to do in a MAX....just keep it safe out dere peeps ^ ^
Old 04-30-2004, 06:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

... I swerved out of the way so when she hit me I was actually on the other side of the street going against traffic and she STILL got me. Thankfully her insurance, STATE FARM, didn't argue...

I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt. I'm sorry about the damage to your car.

But I think you are very luck that her insurance is going to pay the damage.
How fast were you going? For her to hit you on the other side of the road, you must have saw here pulling out. Right or Wrong on her part. You should have stopped to avoid the collision.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Still kickin'

i think what he's saying is he was coming down the street and the lady pulled out into his lane from a parking lot, and i bet she was prolly making a left. seeing her do this he swerved to the left as far as he could...into oncoming traffic, and she still tagged him. no think about it if you were doing 45 and you like 200ft away, yes you have enough stoping distance, but if you don't think they're going to pull out then the distance keeps getting shorter. then bam, they pull out with like 40 ft or so separateing you and them, then you can't stop...

Anyway, i feel your pain man, just be glad you didn't get hurt
Old 05-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by Pearl99GXE
... I swerved out of the way so when she hit me I was actually on the other side of the street going against traffic and she STILL got me. Thankfully her insurance, STATE FARM, didn't argue...

I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt. I'm sorry about the damage to your car.

But I think you are very luck that her insurance is going to pay the damage.
How fast were you going? For her to hit you on the other side of the road, you must have saw here pulling out. Right or Wrong on her part. You should have stopped to avoid the collision.
I was going between 10 and 15mph. I came from a side street and turned left onto a major street so I didn't feel a need to go fast as my stop was just ahead. 2/3 of the way before the next side street is when she hit me. I saw her right when she was at my front hood, it was in front of a tile place so there was a work VAN parked right before the parking exit. That's when I swerved as hard to the left as I could. I really thought that I got out of it and then BAM.