4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anyone have Borla?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:00 PM

Anyone have Borla?

Right now I can't Justify spending $450+ on a WS catback so I was going to get a Resonated Bpipe and a Borla Muffler. I was just wondering if anyone had this set up and what are your impressions of it? Thanks.
Kevin.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:13 PM

I've heard a borla (pro XS [I think]) on a 4th gen NA Maxima. It had a wrapped Y pipe and intake. The muffler was a nice low tone, not like some fart cans I've heard on Maximas. I don't think there was any drone at highway speeds, but I don't really remember. It is the best muffler I've heard on a Maxima. Deep tone, slightly throaty. I'm going to get one once I save enough $$.

-Joe
Old 05-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

imo i would save up for what you really want. it always turns you will kick yourself in the @ss and you will end up dishing out the cash for the apexi ws in the end.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

get the warpspeed muffler...they just came out with there own...made just for you from scratch when you order it...cost me $140 shipped....they even let you pick from 6 different tips that they weld on for you....anyway, I just got it on my car...amazing sound......simply amazing.....very quiet, but the most expensive, rich sound out of any muffler I have heard on a maxima...and believe me I have heard it all!!! stillen, greddy, apexi, catman....before this I thought the apexi was the best sounding muffler....no drone, quiet, deep, and menacing....that was until I put on warpspeed's!!! I can't even describe the quiet, gorgeous sound it puts out! just call dallas at warpspeed, he will let you hear it over the phone like he did for me, then e-mail you the pics of the tip choices, and he will tell you decibel readings in real time while they are reving it from different points on the car! awesome customer service if you ask me! try getting that from apexi or greddy...
Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 PM
V^___^V

i have warpspeed y, custom b, and magnaflow SS muffler. the setup is very quiet. (thx for magnaflow)
Old 05-05-2004, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
get the warpspeed muffler...they just came out with there own...made just for you from scratch when you order it...cost me $140 shipped....they even let you pick from 6 different tips that they weld on for you....anyway, I just got it on my car...amazing sound......simply amazing.....very quiet, but the most expensive, rich sound out of any muffler I have heard on a maxima...and believe me I have heard it all!!! stillen, greddy, apexi, catman....before this I thought the apexi was the best sounding muffler....no drone, quiet, deep, and menacing....that was until I put on warpspeed's!!! I can't even describe the quiet, gorgeous sound it puts out! just call dallas at warpspeed, he will let you hear it over the phone like he did for me, then e-mail you the pics of the tip choices, and he will tell you decibel readings in real time while they are reving it from different points on the car! awesome customer service if you ask me! try getting that from apexi or greddy...
Do you have a Ypipe? I know that greatly changes the sound.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
Isn't that just the Magnaflow Street Series MUffler???? I'm interested
Old 05-06-2004, 11:03 AM

bump......................
Old 05-06-2004, 12:53 PM

I have a Borla muffer and love it...

I have a WSP Y, stock cat, Budget SS B pipe w/ resonator, and a Borla Pro/XS muffer (made into a rear section). It is very quiet, compared to a Greddy or an N1 canister style muffer. No drone at all when cruising. It has a nice deep throaty tone when I get on it. However at WOT at 3500 RPM my intake is 1000x's louder than my exhaust...
Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mitch33x
I have a Borla muffer and love it...

I have a WSP Y, stock cat, Budget SS B pipe w/ resonator, and a Borla Pro/XS muffer (made into a rear section). It is very quiet, compared to a Greddy or an N1 canister style muffer. No drone at all when cruising. It has a nice deep throaty tone when I get on it. However at WOT at 3500 RPM my intake is 1000x's louder than my exhaust...
Do you remember the part number? If you can't then maybe you can tell me the dimensions? Center in center out, or is one offset? Thanks.