4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Installing fogs into a 96 maxima

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 07:56 AM
vsamoylov

Installing fogs into a 96 maxima

ok i want to get some oem fogs for my 96 maxima. the bumper does not have holes for the car. does anybody know if i need to get a new bumper or should i cut the plastic pieces out and put the fogs in there? are the holes the same size as the fogs? did anybody do this? how easy is this cause i dont want to get a se bumper that has the holes for the fogs in it ccause then i would have to paint it so i rather cut holes for the fogs.

thanks

vasiliy

Old 05-07-2004, 10:56 AM

Is your's a GLE? If it's the GXE i think that your car does not come prewired for foglights like the GLE's do. SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG THOUGH. If you purchase the kit from a dealer ship, it comes with templates you screw into your bumper and it outlines what to cut out. The holes fit the fog lamps. Don't forget that you have to also replace your stalk (which the kit comes with as well). It's not hard at all... All you have to do is read the instructions and take your time. Try looking for the kit... I think Garrand's Nissan sells them pretty cheap than other dealers....

Good Luck

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
ok i want to get some oem fogs for my 96 maxima. the bumper does not have holes for the car. does anybody know if i need to get a new bumper or should i cut the plastic pieces out and put the fogs in there? are the holes the same size as the fogs? did anybody do this? how easy is this cause i dont want to get a se bumper that has the holes for the fogs in it ccause then i would have to paint it so i rather cut holes for the fogs.

thanks

vasiliy
Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 PM
wants the ads to die

Originally Posted by felixdacat
Is your's a GLE? If it's the GXE i think that your car does not come prewired for foglights like the GLE's do. SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG THOUGH. If you purchase the kit from a dealer ship, it comes with templates you screw into your bumper and it outlines what to cut out. The holes fit the fog lamps. Don't forget that you have to also replace your stalk (which the kit comes with as well). It's not hard at all... All you have to do is read the instructions and take your time. Try looking for the kit... I think Garrand's Nissan sells them pretty cheap than other dealers....

Good Luck
Most GXE's do not come with it pre-wired, but if the Comfort Package was added, it is (which I have and am thinking about getting the fogs).
Old 05-07-2004, 01:58 PM
vsamoylov

what is the website for Garrand's Nissan?

Old 05-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Custom User Title...

the bumpers cut like butter i started off with a dremel to shape it then used a box cutter to slice through.

my gxe wasn't prewired but it's pretty simple to complete the wiring.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:34 PM
vsamoylov

the whole problem for me is to know where to cut it casue if i cut it too big, i will be screwed.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Custom User Title...

i'll help you if you get those pics for me of the i30 gas popping solenoid thing
Old 05-07-2004, 05:09 PM
vsamoylov

i have to scan them now. took me a while to find my manual. whats ur email so i can send them?

Old 05-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Custom User Title...

you're the man! jepht20@hotmail.com

basically what i did for my bumper is: you know the rough grids on there where your fogs should go? i cut directly around there as close as i could and removed that section. then, i cut accordingly slowly making it the right size. it's really not too bad to do, i found a box cutter was the best bet once you have the shape because the box cutter slices right in and cuts through it easily. just be careful and in control so you don't let it go to far (which can be touched up anyways).

apparently there is some template you can get from the dealer but i didn't bother with it. another member on here Rowan just did it too under my advice and he had no problems. if you need any more help pm me and goodluck!